Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭elperello

omega man wrote: »
    Mentioned the journal poll putting Casey on 30% but Cooper sneered at that. He also mentioned the round of applause he got at last debate.

Cooper could be right about the Journal.
    People came on here and claimed to have voted more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Good man Ivan... reality-check this girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Norris remarked on the big round of applause Casey got from the audience in the first debate regarding the Traveller comments. He said it tied in with people's views so he expects him to poll well.
    Surprised as I would have thought he would have piled on to him as it's popular to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

Fair play to O’Doherty.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Good man Ivan... reality-check this girl.

Who is she? Naive or fake outrage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just switched on TV3 there (or Virgin) for a split second and they have Stephanie Preissener, who is supposedly gas and inspirational and woman of the hour all of a sudden for some reason, saying Casey launched an attack on an ethnic minority and that it's disgraceful. Can these head-in-the-sand assholes not read a quote?

Peter Casey said, and I quote, ''Everyone should be treated equally and that the State should not discriminate against anybody.''

Lying bastards. So right-on. Fcuk them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Poor auld Preissner was getting very upset there. Head in the sand stuff

Why the hell is Norris bringing up Into the West? This is bizarre stuff on all levels

I don't like O Doherty bit he was talking sense there

elperello wrote: »
    Cooper could be right about the Journal.
    People came on here and claimed to have voted more than once.

I’d then expect to see the SF vote multiplied if that’s the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A little spoilt snowflake obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,825 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Spoken like a true fanboy. Top marks for the no show.

Ha ha I'm a 'fanboy' on a thread where criticism of Casey is a mortal sin? Ha ha. Stop pulling my leg, apparently somebody is very anxious to tell us it hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

A little spoilt snowflake obviously.

A typical twitterati outside of her echo chamber.

Ha ha I'm a 'fanboy' on a thread where criticism of Casey is a mortal sin? Ha ha. Stop pulling my leg, apparently somebody is very anxious to tell us it hurts.

Ah come on now Francie.. you've put a LOT of hours and even more posts into denigrating Casey and anyone in favour of him, while simultaneously ignoring or glossing over the many failings of MDH

Fanboy is a fair assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I’d then expect to see the SF vote multiplied if that’s the case.

Yeah but maybe they didn't bother.
    Not sure why people would come on here and make false claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

She expected Casey to do poorly because everyone in her social circle was morally outraged over what he said.

Truly living in a bubble as Yates tried to explain to her shocked face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

They spoke about his growing his popularity.

I really wish somebody more articulate was in Casey's place as they would have walked this election. Maybe I'm being too critical but he just seems terrible unprepared.

Still hoping for the best but expecting the worst at this point.

It's a protest vote and nothing else for me at this point.

Yeah, like I couldn't believe he didn't have a prepared answer for the kind of president he would be.

Ah come on now Francie.. you've put a LOT of hours and even more posts into denigrating Casey and anyone in favour of him, while simultaneously ignoring or glossing over the many failings of MDH

Fanboy is a fair assessment.

I think he should be allowed to take the jet for a spin every day as a reward for having to campaign tbh.
    Nobody is a perfect candidate, I said this from the start and repeated it (I always vote btw, and never cop out by spoiling mine) that he is the best of these for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

She expected Casey to do poorly because everyone in her social circle was morally outraged over what he said.

Truly living in a bubble as Yates tried to explain to her shocked face.

You have to hand it to Casey really.
    He really is annoying a lot of a certain type of c**t. Fair play to him for that.

I think he should be allowed to take the jet for a spin every day as a reward for having to campaign tbh.
    Nobody is a perfect candidate, I said this from the start and repeated it (I always vote btw, and never cop out by spoiling mine) that he is the best of these for the job.

Thank you for making my point for me Francie.

MDH is above such pesky things as seeking support from the electorate who will be paying to keep him in luxury for another 7 years is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jackman25 wrote: »
    He really is annoying a lot of a certain type of c**t. Fair play to him for that.

There's a guy that writes for my local paper and he's overly very lefty. Always complaining and whinging about religion and how there's no equality in Ireland. It was good seeing him getting a negative review when he slammed Casey!

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He's probably a step further on this issue than the Govt all the same.

Thats pretty reassuring to those who need to do hefty data backups that may be part of their work pattern. I can see why he ran for president. You can spout any auld factless sh*te and look good to the audience.

• Advertisement

Ive enjoyed the debate over the last few days since Casey moved the goalposts. Certainly beats talking about what the president actually does.

Thank you for making my point for me Francie.

MDH is above such pesky things as seeking support from the electorate who will be paying to keep him in luxury for another 7 years is he?

No he's not. He answered the expenses question in my opinion and it is not his job to decide the amount of expenses.
    The jet stuff is nonsense, as it costs multiples of that even if it is not being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

As we'll discover when the votes are counted, a lot of people on here are living in a bubble of their own.

"How has this happened? Most people on Boards and The Journal comments section, and the website of some regional paper said they were voting for Peter Casey!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I'm voting Casey but I will criticise him on not knowing the rate of social welfare. On a positive note at least he gave a straight forward answer and owned up that he didn't know. I can only imagine MDH would have rhymed off a poem in a similar scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Casey: “all you need is 20 meg and 4 bars on your cellphone”. Is this guy for real on the proposed national broadband plan??

I'd be delighted with 20meg - Eir offer up to 2 in my area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

i was in the mart today and i got the feelling a lot of farmers will be voting for PETER CASEY

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Apparently he had a far more pressing engagement than presenting himself before the people again tonight

https://donegalnews.com/2018/10/michael-d-higgins-to-meet-supporters-in-bundoran/

Maybe he thought Sean would be there but mixed him up with a local lad?

:rolleyes:
    He knew this election was coming. He should 've planned his calendar accordingly and made no formal engagements for October - Election month.

A disgrace as Ivan Yates quite rightly pointed out tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

A certain other type of c**t will be terribly annoyed when he doesn't do anywhere near as well as they had hoped. And I'm really looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Any chance of expanding on the “ certain type of c**t” he is annoying?

Want to ensure I’m not typecast in that category.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

He knew this election was coming. He should 've planned his calendar accordingly and made no formal engagements for October - Election month.

A disgrace as Ivan Yates quite rightly pointed out tonight.

george orwell was right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement