Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Was going to give the vote to Michael D but I think I will throw a vote peters way now . Pandering to small groups of parasites with vast amounts of funding has got to stop , throw the money into more gardai , improving army and navy employment conditions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Was going to give the vote to Michael D but I think I will throw a vote peters way now . Pandering to small groups of parasites with vast amounts of funding has got to stop , throw the money into more gardai , improving army and navy employment conditions etc.

Exactly, reward people who do something to further their own advancement.

People who play by the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Are you glad that so many of them are killing themselves?Why will nobody answer this question?

Im not glad or glad. Whether or not it benefits society is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

3DataModem wrote:
    It was a cert requiring 100 hours of study, not a college degree. Lovely gowns though.

You mean a just turn up job.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Dr Brown wrote:
    I wonder if any of the do gooders who are attacking him would have any problem if travellers parked up outside their houses ?

Dr Brown wrote:
    Peter Casey is bang on.

Or indeed moved in next door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

This man is the hero we don't deserve. His picture is already in my kitchen beside The Baby Jesus and Padraig Nally, with a beautiful candle burning beside them.

God bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

500/1 on Paddy Power for President Casey. Ill have a cheeky fiver on that thank you.

9/1 for Micky D to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I would rather the Casey family move in next door to me than the Cash family

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I'd say the usual people who shout Racist, Bigot, etc. have gotten the message that denigrating what Casey said today will do their cause no favours at all. Hence the relative silence and backlash against him.

I think people are delighted to have someone to say it out loud without fear, because most of us, well me, feel we have been totally silenced. Not just re Travellers, but also re the discrepancy between the largesse handed out to non workers (disabled and carers excepted) and those who actually work to pay for them.

Mr. Casey, please on your next press release mention this. The Margaret Cash case was silenced and she was lauded by all but Niall Boylan. This has to stop. People should be heard without being called names for standing up for themselves.

That is why Casey is sounding good. It is the first time in my memory that anyone actually said it out loud, so the dam has burst maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

Oh classy. Not.

Touched nerve did I? I note your protestations of my facts has dried up though, at least your honest that you had nothing! Secondly, a bit rich on the 'classy' given your endorsement of Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Pandering to small groups of parasites

A parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host organism and gets its food from or at the expense of its host.

People have to be careful not to throw around hateful comments but your description is 100% true and accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Is outrage all that anyone has to offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Haven't read all the other posts, but he's spot on in what he says. Why should they be treated different to the rest of us?

They get away with murder (not literally) and blatant intimidation every day and quite frankly I'm sick to my back teeth of it.

This country and its authorities would want to grow a pair of balls and hold them responsible and accountable just like the rest of us..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ipso wrote: »

Apart from the odd comment their isn't outrage. All the man is getting is more support!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would be totally against discrimination but in this case it's the normal people that are being discriminated against. I have to agree with Peter Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

As opposed to pandering?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Why didnt Joe have a "Are you offended poll?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

He will be on 6.1 news in minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've offered caution against choosing a candidate on the sole basis of them not liking tinkers.

I'm always wary of people who set up an us-versus-them view of society. Particularly if it's an appeal to our dislike of that section of society.

I'm not a fan of populism in general, whether it's from Maduro or Duterte. I'm naturally suspicious of anyone playing with that nonsense here, even if I agree with their statements on traveller behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

The amount of asinine comments this clown has made are certainly stacking up.

It'll be interesting to see how many imbeciles actually vote for him. He looks like a desperate man panicking that he's going to lose a large sum of money on this.

What will his next bizarre stunt going to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Ild love to see the results of a poll on this.

"Is Peter Casey right or wrong with his comments"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i don't think travellers should be a presidential issue but I am impressed that we have a candidate who is prepare to speak out on issues effecting society.

We need a brave president rather than one who says all the right things to keep the righteous media satisfied.

I agree with his points on travellers and if he doubles down by doing a PR stunt at the houses in Tipp tomorrow and doesn't backtrack and apologise , then he'll get my number 1.

sorry to my previous number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

dav3 wrote: »
    The amount of asinine comments this clown has made are certainly stacking up.

It'll be interesting to see how many imbeciles actually vote for him. He looks like a desperate man panicking that he's going to lose a large sum of money on this.

What will his next bizarre stunt going to be?

poor you , you'll probably get more comfort on the broadsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I posted earlier but had to do some work so I haven't been able to follow the debate.

Amazing to see after 20 more pages of comment the penny still hasn't dropped.
    You are still rushing up a blind alley that has nothing to do with the Presidency.

Even if by some fluke Casey got elected the traveler situation would be the same as it is today.
    The same policies would be in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Apart from the odd comment their isn't outrage. All the man is getting is more support!

I mean outrage form people who disagree with him, as someone said earlier if he's wrong the people getting outraged then point out where he's wrong instead of the usual racist etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

On Rte news now says pavee point should have been down representing the travellers in Tipperary but they weren’t

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Outrage that it took this person to say it out loud on behalf of those who agree with him. We have had to stay mighty quiet on these issues, and our representatives and PC groups and all the rest of it have made it that way. Until now.

Democracy my foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

Was watching a video lately about the economic cycle of boom and bust. We’re in the phase where inequality is reaching a peak as asset prices grow much stronger than wages - and the rich get way ahead of the average person. As a result, the average person gets resentful and starts projecting their anger towards easy targets – the poor, travellers and immigrants. Just look at the comments on a story today about a 12 year old Asian child born in Ireland who’s due to be deported.

I think it’s uncontroversial to suggest travellers need a bit of encouragement to get out working and break the entitlement culture. But the sentiment these days goes much stronger, it’s vitriolic and spiteful – just have to look at this thread and see examples – e.g., it’s travellers fault that they kill themselves. Also, people online blindly accept that Margaret Cash makes 50K based on one photo but can come up with 100 alternative theories why Salisbury was not the Russians.

It’s likely in one to two years that a recession will hit and people’s attitudes towards the poor will change as they become the poor. The ‘tough ****’, personal responsibility attitudes aren’t as comforting when you’re the one failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

30,000 travellers in Ireland (Except for Christmas time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Casey doesn’t seem to realise he’s running for the Presidency. If he wants to effect social change or go after a certain group, he should stand for the Dail.

Pure gob****e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement