Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm voting Casey but I will criticise him on not knowing the rate of social welfare. On a positive note at least he gave a straight forward answer and owned up that he didn't know. I can only imagine MDH would have rhymed off a poem in a similar scenario.

If MDH was going to incite an incoherent with rage rabble (which he wouldn't do to begin with) I would bet he would at least find out the basic detail.
    How did Casey get 'enraged' about the unfairness if he didn't know what the unfairness was.

He, like the two other Dragon's, is a snake oil shyster, laughing at the fun he was having lobbing grenades to the applause of the easily fooled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Fanboy is a fair assessment.

This thread is collectively incapable of a fair assessment of what's a fair assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

everybody whose village hasn't been burgled by travelling gangs thank this post

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No he's not. He answered the expenses question in my opinion and it is not his job to decide the amount of expenses.
    The jet stuff is nonsense, as it costs multiples of that even if it is not being used.

Francie, you said it yourself, the use (or misuse) of the jet is no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

MDH gave 3 different accounts of why the jet was used.

Now I'm no mathematician, but seems to me that 2/3 of those accounts were lies.

Ie, the crime wasn't befitting of the lie.

And the PSNI had to get involved.

Tut tut MDH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

A certain other type of c**t will be terribly annoyed when he doesn't do anywhere near as well as they had hoped. And I'm really looking forward to that.

He’s gone from 500/1 to 20/1 on pp. There's something going on so you might be surprised yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

haley79 wrote: »
    everybody whose village hasn't been burgled by travelling gangs thank this post

You scouting out fresh territory?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

A certain other type of c**t will be terribly annoyed when he doesn't do anywhere near as well as they had hoped. And I'm really looking forward to that.

How much are you expecting him to get so RayM/Hapax/Whatever.
    What is the threshold for your delight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

elperello wrote: »
    You scouting out fresh territory?

it's a simple fukking question
    if your village hasn't been burgled by the motorway gangs thank the post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭rovertom

Saturday evening should tell the tale.
    20 percent from 2 percent would be a clear statement from the people.
    If that does happen, someone in the public eye will need to raise the issue of how the media have across the board refused to acknowledge any increased support for casey when the dogs in street know he has gained since the traveller comments.
    The press / media are in the government's pocket. I honestly thought since the church lost a lot of their grip on the country that we were past that sort of nonsense but it seems worse than ever before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Pretzill wrote: »
    I'd be delighted with 20meg - Eir offer up to 2 in my area.

I use 4g broadband and get a consistent 20mb and work from home with an online business.

I now have the option of ftth, but I don't see the need for it, so staying with 4g.

Francie, you said it yourself, the use (or misuse) of the jet is no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

MDH gave 3 different accounts of why the jet was used.

Now I'm no mathematician, but seems to me that 2/3 of those accounts were lies.

Ie, the crime wasn't befitting of the lie.

And the PSNI had to get involved.

Tut tut MDH.

Johnny you have been at this for a while now - the jet thing.
    And your opinion of it is based on what a 'source' in the PSNI said.

It's a boring non-story at this stage afaiac.

By the way, I think the cost of running the presidency is extreme and needs auditing and curtailment but the election is not about that.
    That is the responsibility of the government and will be part of my reflections when deciding who to vote for in the general election.

My vote is valuable, I will not waste it on pointless protest.

haley79 wrote: »
    it's a simple fukking question
    if your village hasn't been burgled by the motorway gangs thank the post

Lighten up.
    I don't follow orders online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

omega man wrote: »
    He’s gone from 500/1 to 20/1 on pp. There's something going on so you might be surprised yet.

I expect I'll be more amused than surprised. Mainly because of the amount of votes Sean Gallagher and Gavin Duffy will lose to him. I can see Liadh Ní Riada ending up in second place because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

rovertom wrote: »
    If that does happen, someone in the public eye will need to raise the issue of how the media have across the board refused to acknowledge any increased support for casey when the dogs in street know he has gained since the traveller comments.
    The press / media are in the government's pocket. I honestly thought since the church lost a lot of their grip on the country that we were past that sort of nonsense but it seems worse than ever before.

Unfortunately our political system is set up to keep a lid on people like Casey. If he had the resources to form a party he’d most likely get no more than 20% of the vote. The Provo vote is solid at around 15%. FF/FG at around 50% combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I expect I'll be more amused than surprised. Mainly because of the amount of votes Sean Gallagher and Gavin Duffy will lose to him. I can see Liadh Ní Riada ending up in second place because of this.

He won’t win but will get a big protest vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

omega man wrote: »

Yes, what going on is that he's cut off the other inane crony capitalist nonsensicalist at the knees, making it competitive for second place, and hopefully now none of them will even get any expenses back. A saving for the public purse! (Small enough one, I'll grant.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

He knew this election was coming. He should 've planned his calendar accordingly and made no formal engagements for October - Election month.

A disgrace as Ivan Yates quite rightly pointed out tonight.

He has the popular support, he knows he will get back in which he will so he doesn't have to work for it as much as last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

There will be a protest vote, but I think a lot of people on here will be disappointed that it bears no resemblance to what they've seen online.

Wait a minute, is there a sense of reality creeping in now with the 'if he gets 20%, yada yada' posts?

If 'everyone' knows what he is saying and 'the whole country secretly agrees with him' etc etc then 20% of the vote is an out and out abject failure. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Johnny you have been at this for a while now - the jet thing.
    And your opinion of it is based on what a 'source' in the PSNI said.

It's a boring non-story at this stage afaiac.

By the way, I think the cost of running the presidency is extreme and needs auditing and curtailment but the election is not about that.
    That is the responsibility of the government and will be part of my reflections when deciding who to vote for in the general election.

My vote is valuable, I will not waste it on pointless protest.

Sorry, I don't think you have been keeping as abreast of this thread and it's discussion as you think you think F. :)

Forget the PSNI "source".

Higgins story 1 = couldn't use a car due to security issues.
    2= PSNI couldn't provide assistance at border.
    3 = time reasons.... needed to be back for tea and crumpets with some people for a meet n great....

He he.

No credibility after those 3 x yarns, they can't all have been true.

Would have been better saying he gets told to jump in a train/plane/automobile by his office security squad, and that's how it works.

Spoofer is spoofer Francie.

rovertom wrote: »

It's an interesting topic.
    We were discussing it earlier.
    I'm still not convinced that there is a media conspiracy.
    Why would they not print a scoop if they had it?
    Why would foreign owned media be involved?

Sorry, I don't think you have been keeping as abreast of this thread and it's discussion as you think you think F. :)

Forget the PSNI "source".

Higgins story 1 = couldn't use a car due to security issues.
    2= PSNI couldn't provide assistance at border.
    3 = time reasons.... needed to be back for tea and crumpets with some people for a meet n great....

He he.

No credibility after those 3 x yarns, they can't all have been true.

Would have been better saying he gets told to jump in a train/plane/automobile by his office security squad, and that's how it works.

Spoofer is spoofer Francie.

And he is still the best candidate. If he took the fooking jet for a dive bombing mission over Howth, he would still be the No 1 candidate there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

The people are fed up of travellers robbing their properties and getting away with it , fed up of working whilst 98% of the traveller community refuse to work , travellers in fraudulent accident claims etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

If MDH was going to incite an incoherent with rage rabble (which he wouldn't do to begin with) I would bet he would at least find out the basic detail.

Like he did with the trip to Belfast? Who was at fault for that again? Was it the presidents office? His security? The PSNI? Which one will it be tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

If a call it as it were party whetted, if they received even twenty jet net it would be huge. No party will come near a majority ... twenty percent you would be a king maker .., and Peter Casey fair play opened his mouth on issues, but I want someone who is far more aggressive and forthright on the scum bleeding this country dry and the scum running it ...

And he is still the best candidate. If he took the fooking jet for a dive bombing mission over Howth, he would still be the No 1 candidate there.

He, as president accused the police force of another jurisdiction of not fulfilling their obligations ref his security.

Do you belive that's presidential etiquette?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

If a call it as it were party whetted, if they received even twenty jet net it would be huge. No party will come near a majority ... twenty percent you would be a king maker .., and Peter Casey fair play opened his mouth on issues, but I want someone who is far more aggressive and forthright on the scum bleeding this country dry and the scum running it ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

There will be a protest vote, but I think a lot of people on here will be disappointed that it bears no resemblance to what they've seen online.

He was 1% in the polls, anything over 12% would send a message. Over 15% a very strong message.

"Stop pandering to those who take and demand everything and give nothing back."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement