Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The jet, the jet, the jet

It's becoming a poisoned chalice that airplane.

We buy it. Maintain it. Update it. Crew it.

Then if anyone uses it they are "held to account".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

if Michael d wants to win the rural vote he is going to have to write a really good poem before Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He, as president accused the police force of another jurisdiction of not fulfilling their obligations ref his security.

Do you belive that's presidential etiquette?

Jaysus Johnny...'accused'?

He used them as an excuse at worst.

I believe he was probably telling a lie about something fairly inconsequential at the best of times. The jet costs multiples of that sitting on the ground.

He is still the best candidate in the field and as of right now gets my No 1 as I have never ever spoiled a vote and have no intention of copping out now. I have voted everytime I was asked to and I am 56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

haley79 wrote: »
    if Michael d wants to win the rural vote he is going to have to write a really good poem before Friday

Hicks dont give a 5hite about poetry, he can shove his haiku up his hoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Wait a minute, is there a sense of reality creeping in now with the 'if he gets 20%, yada yada' posts?

If 'everyone' knows what he is saying and 'the whole country secretly agrees with him' etc etc then 20% of the vote is an out and out abject failure. :rolleyes:

Poor Francie forgot to put money on Casey winning without MDH

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

One thing I am curious about, how many people have switched from Higgins to Casey? It seems a lot of those shouting the loudest for Casey, here at least, are people who clearly dislike Higgins and wouldn't have voted for him anyway.. so I'm wondering how to reassess the last official polls done to account for this

• I can’t wait for Friday. It’s going to be a right suck into the travellers who carry on like animals. Can’t fcuking wait. Ethnic minority my hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

elperello wrote: »
    The jet, the jet, the jet

It's becoming a poisoned chalice that airplane.

We buy it. Maintain it. Update it. Crew it.

Then if anyone uses it they are "held to account".

I'd have no problem with the government jet being used to fly abroad but using it to travel within the country is pure and utter bollocks. That trip to Belfast was simply a joke and even the trip to Kerry could've been made in one of those lovely comfy Beemers that cost the country an arm and a leg to buy.

The overall spending of that office is fairly outrageous TBH - for something that has no real influence. It would be no harm if it was reigned in a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

Travelers will never darken my door to rob my house.The idea of that happening or anyone else chancing their luck is hilarious.

They are human. Sometimes they get scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

One thing I am curious about, how many people have switched from Higgins to Casey? It seems a lot of those shouting the loudest for Casey, here at least, are people who clearly dislike Higgins and wouldn't have voted for him anyway.. so I'm wondering how to reassess the last official polls done to account for this

I've switched from Higgins to Casey.

• Advertisement

Yet another one of Casey's 'promises' shot out of the water. Easy targets in fairness.

https://twitter.com/DearbhailDibs/status/1055135014562738176

eeepaulo wrote: »
    He does, he looks like the chancer who runs onto the pitch trying to get into the team photo.

Casey #1

All show and no substance then. You described it well there.

• Yet another one of Casey's 'promises' shot out of the water. Easy targets in fairness.

Not true. He can resign at any point he likes. Any president or politician can. Try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I do think some people have. They were only voting for him because he was the best of a bad lot.
    I know a man and he's be from a Labour family and he's have always went on about how great Michael D is and he says he's voting for Casey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

is it true Frog Wards son has call out Peter Casey????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

I do think some people have. They were only voting for him because he was the best of a bad lot.
    I know a man and he's be from a Labour family and he's have always went on about how great Michael D is and he says he's voting for Casey.

Michael D is very sneaky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

haley79 wrote: »
    i was in the mart today and i got the feelling a lot of farmers will be voting for PETER CASEY

Us farmers can’t vote for Casey as we don’t live in Dublin and don’t exist in the media eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Originally I was going to vote for Higgins, I think allot of the comments regarding hotel stay, his unvouched expenses and doing the job for free showed a lack of respect for the position.

However the attacks on Casey by media and leader of the government of the day but also the near insistence that a job which is merely a figure head role should have a qualification like a politicians retirement position has put me off voting for Higgins.

Yet another one of Casey's 'promises' shot out of the water. Easy targets in fairness.

Chances are we'll have a referendum on something in the next few years and least Casey might get this idea out their.
    I even think we're due local election next year and it could happen then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Did Mary Robinson not shorten her term, I would think P Casey means that he would retire at a time , so as to have a presidential election coincide with local elections

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's a pity we didn't have an AH poll beforehand to compare to even.

Not true. He can resign at any point he likes. Any president or politician can. Try harder.

So, he resigns early, with no guarantee when the new election costing millions will be, and will only, at best coincide with one round of local elections, to 'save the country money'.

I will let work out for yourself how ineffably badly thought out that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

Us farmers can’t vote for Casey as we don’t live in Dublin and don’t exist in the media eyes

i don't know about you but i will be voting twice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'd say stall the ball there.
    That woman is a qualified lawyer so she just might know what she's talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

Need Traveler insurance?:The trick is not to be a pussy.

It's a pity we didn't have an AH poll beforehand to compare to even.

I do think Michael D would have lead the poll and Casey would have being bottom. Casey was very unpopular before he made his comment.

• So, he resigns early, with no guarantee when the new election costing millions will be, and will only, at best coincide with one round of local elections, to 'save the country money'.

I will let work out for yourself how ineffably badly thought out that is.

Are you being intentionally stupid? What do you think if he resigns one day he’ll just lock up Leinster house and take off his president badge?

Or maybe he will announce his resignation and allow the government ample time to schedule the next election. You’re such a MDH fanboy it’s actually putting me into a bad mood. Fcuk off with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

If MDH was going to incite an incoherent with rage rabble (which he wouldn't do to begin with) I would bet he would at least find out the basic detail.
    How did Casey get 'enraged' about the unfairness if he didn't know what the unfairness was.

He, like the two other Dragon's, is a snake oil shyster, laughing at the fun he was having lobbing grenades to the applause of the easily fooled.

The “easily fooled” says the guy who rated his candidate as best performer in a debate he didn’t even attend.
    Is there any criticism of MDH you will entertain?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Are you being intentionally stupid? What do you think if he resigns one day he’ll just lock up Leinster house and take off his president badge?

Or maybe he will announce his resignation and allow the government ample time to schedule the next election. You’re such a MDH fanboy it’s actually putting me into a bad mood. Fcuk off with that.

Could you try that again and be coherent?

• Advertisement

• SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Is there any criticism of MDH you will entertain?

That’s blasphemy to a fanboy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement