Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sonic85 wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with the government jet being used to fly abroad but using it to travel within the country is pure and utter bollocks. That trip to Belfast was simply a joke and even the trip to Kerry could've been made in one of those lovely comfy Beemers that cost the country an arm and a leg to buy.

The overall spending of that office is fairly outrageous TBH - for something that has no real influence. It would be no harm if it was reigned in a bit

I think a look at the spending is no harm at all. There should be more transparency.

On the plane.
    You have a crew there paid for and they have to keep their hours up. They also need to train new pilots. That plane sometimes takes off from Baldonnel and just goes on training flights. The actual cost of the flight to Belfast is quite low and gives the crew some real operational experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

elperello wrote: »
    I'd say stall the ball there.
    That woman is a qualified lawyer so she just might know what she's talking about.

Like Miriam:pac:

All joking aside, I don't think there's anything necessarily stopping a president resigning, indeed I think I heard cooper and Yates discuss something along the lines of Higgins doing so, should he get back in, and his expenses (which he'll only publish then) expose him as yet another leech with no respect to monetary value.

Yates said, if it happened, at the very least Higgins term would be "sullied".

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    The “easily fooled” says the guy who rated his candidate as best performer in a debate he didn’t even attend.
    Is there any criticism of MDH you will entertain?

If you think that debate harmed Higgins one iota well go ahead. I think he won by virtue of no harm to his position being done.

I haven't canvassed for Higgins on here or defended the jet thing etc.

I have merely said he is the best of the candidates. There would be better than MDH if they stood, they aren't.

*and no I am not going down rabbit holes naming who I think would be better.
    I haven't voted for Higgins before either btw.

I think a look at the spending is no harm at all. There should be more transparency.

On the plane.
    You have a crew there paid for and they have to keep their hours up. They also need to train new pilots. That plane sometimes takes off from Baldonnel and just goes on training flights. The actual cost of the flight to Belfast is quite low and gives the crew some real operational experience.

All the less of a reason to lie about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Yet another one of Casey's 'promises' shot out of the water. Easy targets in fairness.

https://twitter.com/DearbhailDibs/status/1055135014562738176

Of course he can, just as President Mary Robibson did.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

• Could you try that again and be coherent?

Your assertion I’m being incoherent is laughable. Did you struggle to understand because I didn’t lick MDH’s arse?

You know, you remind me an awful lot of a trump supporter. Ngl.

All the less of a reason to lie about it.

I'm not sure there was a lie.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Of course he can, just as President Mary Robibson did.

Oh FFS, he can't do it and SAVE THE COUNTRY MONEY!
    To SAVE THE COUNTRY MONEY he has to change the constitution first, something he cannot lobby for as President. Jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Jackman25 wrote: »
    How much are you expecting him to get so RayM/Hapax/Whatever.
    What is the threshold for your delight?

Well Rereginald, as long as he takes votes away from Gallagher and Duffy, I'll be happy. He may be the evil of three lessers, but I have no desire to see him beaten by either of them. I'll be delighted if the three dragons are occupying the bottom three places.

Like Miriam:pac:

All joking aside, I don't think there's anything necessarily stopping a president resigning, indeed I think I heard cooper and Yates discuss something along the lines of Higgins doing so, should he get back in, and his expenses (which he'll only publish then) expose him as yet another leech with no respect to monetary value.

Yates said, if it happened, at the very least Higgins term would be "sullied".

I don't think Cooper or Yates or posters here have it chapter and verse at this stage. I'm just advising caution until we hear the full facts.

• Advertisement

Your assertion I’m being incoherent is laughable. Did you struggle to understand because I didn’t lick MDH’s arse?

You know, you remind me an awful lot of a trump supporter. Ngl.

No I just didn't understand your post, because it made no sense. (which is what 'incoherent' means btw. )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

Casey won't do jack ****. As you all know but somehow you want to send a "message"'.

Oh scary, the travelers are shaking in their boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

If you think that debate harmed Higgins one iota well go ahead. I think he won by virtue of no harm to his position being done.

I haven't canvassed for Higgins on here or defended the jet thing etc.

I have merely said he is the best of the candidates. There would be better than MDH if they stood, they aren't.

*and no I am not going down rabbit holes naming who I think would be better.
    I haven't voted for Higgins before either btw.

Ah here leave it bleeden out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Casey won't do jack ****. As you all know but somehow you want to send a "message"'.

I doubt they are.

• Casey won't do jack ****. As you all know but somehow you want to send a "message"'.

Did they rob the boots from penny’s? Or did they forget to rob a coat and they’re cold and shivering? Bastard gubberment have the craters freezing.

I don't think Cooper or Yates or posters here have it chapter and verse at this stage. I'm just advising caution until we hear the full facts.

Aren't we all?

Facts being made public after the election results....

Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

Unlike their victims of robbery in rural Ireland who are actually shaking in their boots. Stupid comment.

Aren't we all?

Facts being made public after the election results....

Obviously.

Sorry for any confusion.

I meant the facts re. a resignation or shortening the term.

omega man wrote: »
    Unlike their victims of robbery in rural Ireland who are actually shaking in their boots. Stupid comment.

What? You know it's the truth. The best insurance for travelers is not being a pussy. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

omega man wrote: »

What? You know it's the truth. The best insurance for travelers is not being a pussy. End of story.
    I see John Connors has arrived.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Shaney Boy

I nearly always vote be it referendum or whatever election that is taking place. I have to say this presidential contest was going to test my resolve about turning up to vote until the Casey intervention. I expect Michael D to win but Casey's comments are resonating in rural Ireland. I was at an event this evening and the support for Casey was overwhelming. If it's anyway representative, he will comfortably finish second.

Did they rob the boots from penny’s? Or did they forget to rob a coat and they’re cold and shivering? Bastard gubberment have the craters freezing.

Nothing new under the sun.

People robbing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

I do think Michael D would have lead the poll and Casey would have being bottom. Casey was very unpopular before he made his comment.

who is going to vote for casey,
    rural villages that have been plundered
    farmers,
    tradesmen who have had their tools robbed
    guards
    thats nearly half the country

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Shaney Boy wrote: »
    I nearly always vote be it referendum or whatever election that is taking place. I have to say this presidential contest was going to test my resolve about turning up to vote until the Casey intervention. I expect Michael D to win but Casey's comments are resonating in rural Ireland. I was at an event this evening and the support for Casey was overwhelming. If it's anyway representative, he will comfortably finish second.

It's something I've seen a lot over the years. People in rural Ireland and very liberal city people have a total different view on travellers!

Casey's getting some roasting on the tweet machine for the 'saving the country money' tweet.

I see John Connors has arrived.....

I'm not a traveler. I don't even like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Yet another one of Casey's 'promises' shot out of the water. Easy targets in fairness.

https://twitter.com/DearbhailDibs/status/1055135014562738176

Francie strikes again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

So there is a chance, seeing as he won't publish now, that the audited accounts after the election might show that MDH has been taking the p1ss, plus rumors of his private life that are starting to appear, might show him not to be the person he claims to be (although i think this is some kind of underhand tactic with a political agenda)
    There is also a chance that he won't last the full term due to health reasons

Bit of a risk voting for him and if any of the first two are true, why would he risk running again and leaving himself open for scrutiny, although he IMO thinks he is superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

On the plane.

I don't agree with that TBH. How many hours does a pilot have to fly per year to keep their hours up? There are ministers going on foreign trips all the time - are you saying those aren't enough?

And I don't care how low the perceived cost is - no man or woman should be taking a flight up the road for a journey that would take a little over an hour by car. Its preposterous really and most sane people would firmly disagree with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Casey's getting some roasting on the tweet machine for the 'saving the country money' tweet.

Because some fool said is it not possible to end his term at 5 years without a referendum.
    He can resign at any time should he get the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement