Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Someone give francie a Valium for the love of god.

Someone just please make him stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

a vote for Micheal d is a vote for rural crime
    vote number 1 peter casey for rural people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sonic85 wrote: »
    I don't agree with that TBH. How many hours does a pilot have to fly per year to keep their hours up? There are ministers going on foreign trips all the time - are you saying those aren't enough?

And I don't care how low the perceived cost is - no man or woman should be taking a flight up the road for a journey that would take a little over an hour by car. Its preposterous really and most sane people would firmly disagree with it.

I don't have the exact figures for the hours.

I believe it is a tool of the job and if it is required for security/logistical reasons it should be used without all this hand wringing.

I'm reasonably sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Oh FFS, he can't do it and SAVE THE COUNTRY MONEY!
    To SAVE THE COUNTRY MONEY he has to change the constitution first, something he cannot lobby for as President. Jesus!

Don’t get yourself excited. He will already have saved the taxpayer money by not drawing the salary or the €317,000 unvouched “expenses” that Michael D will x 7.

You really are dancing on the head of a pin now and becoming irrational in your attacks on Casey and unquestioning support for MHD.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

mickdw wrote: »
    Because some fool said is it not possible to end his term at 5 years without a referendum.
    He can resign at any time should he get the job.

We are having a referendum over sweet F A next Friday, so why not a referendum over this in the near future

• Advertisement

We are having a referendum over sweet F A next Friday, so why not a referendum over this in the near future
    i will vote no

they are all over the place gleeefully talking down to Christians
    lets see them criticise mohammad pbuh
    christains and muslims have to stand united in stopping the bolsheviks

So there is a chance, seeing as he won't publish now, that the audited accounts after the election might show that MDH has been taking the p1ss, plus rumors of his private life that are starting to appear, might show him not to be the person he claims to be (although i think this is some kind of underhand tactic with a political agenda)
    There is also a chance that he won't last the full term due to health reasons

Bit of a risk voting for him and if any of the first two are true, why would he risk running again and leaving himself open for scrutiny, although he IMO thinks he is superior.

I think there has been a sensible agreement between the candidates and the media not to discuss the private life of a sitting president and his wife during the election campaign. No one wants to see that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,823 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Don’t get yourself excited. He will already have saved the taxpayer money by not drawing the salary or the €317,000 unvouched “expenses” that Michael D will x 7.

You really are dancing on the head of a pin now and becoming irrational in your attacks on Casey and unquestioning support for MHD.

It's a thread on Casey. Casey is not immune to criticism. Stop with the 'attack' nonsense.

The money spent by the department of the President is not decided by the President it is decided by the government.
    If the president is told to attend x event, he/she does what they are told and the dept organises the event around it, spending the allowance.

I'd say there is no reason at all that we cannot have a referendum on that issue.
    It would take place after a period of debate and discussion.

It seems a bit bizarre to be raising the hare now in the middle of electing someone to a seven year term.

Better to let the dust settle and hear different points of view.

It's a thread on Casey. Casey is not immune to criticism. Stop with the 'attack' nonsense.

The money spent by the department of the President is not decided by the President it is decided by the government.
    If the president is told to attend x event, he/she does what they are told and the dept organises the event around it, spending the allowance.

I’m sorry Francie but here is no way you or any one else can know that because it is unvouched, unaudited and unpublished so you are just making it up.

• Advertisement

I think there has been a sensible agreement between the candidates and the media not to discuss the private life of a sitting president and his wife during the election campaign. No one wants to see that happen.
    >. No one wants to see that happen.[/

oh yes we do

I’m sorry Francie but here is no way you or any one else can know that because it is unvouched, unaudited and unpublished so you are just making it up.

I was involved in the local part of a national presidential event spending this money. The money is spent by a government team responsible for each event. It is how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

David Lyons and his mates are struggling to comprehend reality with my comments on travelers.

Somehow in his mind that's a vote of confidence for fuxking travelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭sonic85

elperello wrote: »
    I don't have the exact figures for the hours.

I believe it is a tool of the job and if it is required for security/logistical reasons it should be used without all this hand wringing.

I'm reasonably sane.

Security or logistical reasons is just a massive red herring. Just deflects away from the issue at hand. MDH uses the jet because he couldn't be arsed traveling by car it's that simple. Talking about pilots keeping hours up etc makes no sense when the journey only takes an hour to Kerry and maybe 20 minutes if even to Belfast. Would barely make a dent in their quota.

Our dear leader Leo was out in the US and in Germany at the beginning of this year and I doubt he flew Ryanair. Those are the trips the jet should be usent for.

Anyway enough about the jet - it's only a minor enough thing in the grand scheme! :D

haley79 wrote: »
    >. No one wants to see that happen.[/

oh yes we do

Sorry forgot about you.
    It won't happen again. I promise.

I was involved in the local part of a national presidential event spending this money. The money is spent by a government team responsible for each event. It is how it works.

So can you give us a breakdown of how the annual €317,000 was spent over each of the last 7 years?

So potentially someone who is claiming to be holier than thou could be completely false but the media and the government parties are covering it up, rather than upset the person, yet other candidates are being hung out to dry on hearsay and semantics?

A person's private life is private unless it compromises the state.

Have we not stooped to enough crass vulgarity in this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

So potentially someone who is claiming to be holier than thou could be completely false but the media and the government parties are covering it up, rather than upset the person, yet other candidates are being hung out to dry on hearsay and semantics?

As others have pointed out already this is the only change the powers at be have of a candidate winning.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just switched on TV3 there (or Virgin) for a split second and they have Stephanie Preissener, who is supposedly gas and inspirational and woman of the hour all of a sudden for some reason, saying Casey launched an attack on an ethnic minority and that it's disgraceful. Can these head-in-the-sand assholes not read a quote?

Peter Casey said, and I quote, ''Everyone should be treated equally and that the State should not discriminate against anybody.''

Lying bastards. So right-on. Fcuk them all.

He also made a generalisation that he would never want to live beside travelers and insisted that all the other candidates were lying when they disagreed. I'd call that an attack on travelers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He also made a generalisation that he would never want to live beside travelers and insisted that all the other candidates were lying when they disagreed. I'd call that an attack on travelers.

I'd say its the truth.

So can you give us a breakdown of how the annual €317,000 was spent over each of the last 7 years?

No, I can tell you that the president is not responsible for the spending of the vast majority of it.
    Mary Mc Aleese was ferried into the event I was involved in, gave her keynote address and left.
    I and the committee I was a part liaised with a team of 'government officials' on the spend required.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As we'll discover when the votes are counted, a lot of people on here are living in a bubble of their own.

"How has this happened? Most people on Boards and The Journal comments section, and the website of some regional paper said they were voting for Peter Casey!"

This just isn't how it is at all though, is it?. Nearly everyone here backing Casey says they know he won't win. They're doing it as a two fingers up to the establishment. The majority have said that I'd have thought. There's been little (or no?) gloating before the results as people don't think he'll win at all. Maybe one or two think there's an outside chance but that's the height of it.

sonic85 wrote: »
    Security or logistical reasons is just a massive red herring. Just deflects away from the issue at hand. MDH uses the jet because he couldn't be arsed traveling by car it's that simple. Talking about pilots keeping hours up etc makes no sense when the journey only takes an hour to Kerry and maybe 20 minutes if even to Belfast. Would barely make a dent in their quota.

Our dear leader Leo was out in the US and in Germany at the beginning of this year and I doubt he flew Ryanair. Those are the trips the jet should be usent for.

Anyway enough about the jet - it's only a minor enough thing in the grand scheme! :D

Security and logistics are not a red herring.
    Getting the head of State to his destination safely and home again in one piece is an operation entirely depending on security and logistics.

I did mention the training aspect as well as the hours.
    Having real operational experience within our own country is important.

I agree that it is only minor enough in the grand scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

IFA should be urging all farmers to vote for Peter Casey to bring prominence to rural crime problems!

So you are saying there is some truth in the rumor?

Just stop that rumour stuff.
    It just cheapens the debate.
    If you have something to say, say it.

So you are saying there is some truth in the rumor?

So, when people accuse Gallagher of taking brown envelopes, of Casey been a racist, that's acceptable, once its not MDH that is being questioned on his honesty or integrity, because he is running on that ticket and if it was found that its just BS, surely that needs to be addressed before Friday,

I am not saying anything, I seen the deleted posts, I know what people are desperate to get out there.

Far as I know, Michael D hasn't been questioned on his private life.

No, I can tell you that the president is not responsible for the spending of the vast majority of it.
    Mary Mc Aleese was ferried into the event I was involved in, gave her keynote address and left.
    I and the committee I was a part liaised with a team of 'government officials' on the spend required.

So you’re saying the president only gets to spend a portion of the €317,000 annual extra as he pleases. What portion would that be? 10%, 20%? Or do you know?

• Advertisement

IFA should be urging all farmers to vote for Peter Casey to bring prominence to rural crime problems!

No, they should be urging farmers to vote for a TD who will be able to ACTUALLY do something about it, if 'crime' is their main concern. But we know 'crime' isn't because we know mostly who farmers vote for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement