Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

This is a plot of land?

2 Sylvan Rd
    https://goo.gl/maps/jYtV6PjCD732

Seems like a nice leafy suburb to me.

I’m gobsmacked.

It doesn’t even have gates in front.

How the hell did he keep it secret?

Even google know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Allinall wrote:
    I’m gobsmacked.

Seems you got caught telling a porkie. Why tell lies when so easily disproved?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Allinall wrote: »
    I’m gobsmacked.

So you were lying.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I’m gobsmacked.

I couldn't give a shiny shyte if he has 32 houses in Galway, secret or common knowledge.

Just wondering how you reckoned the house didn't exist/plot of land/ if it was underground - is all.

Have you thought of visiting vision express by any chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Who is broda Brendan?

There's been rumours about Michael D for years to be fair.

Rumours!!
    Best headline ever from Michael Clifford..

https://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/columnists/michael-clifford/whats-going-on-up-in-the-aras-michael-d-251168.html

Pun very much intended no doubt!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-probe-following-shooting-in-north-dublin-37459785.html

More travellers doing their bit for their culture this time in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Maggy Money just shared a poll from the Donegal Democrat putting Casey in a slight lead.

1st comment:
    I wouldn't worry Margaret. Donegal voted no in marriage equality and on the 8th. Mad backward ****s. He defo won't get it

:pac:

hurler32 wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-probe-following-shooting-in-north-dublin-37459785.html

Yea cos no-one outside of the travelling community get shot in gangland style hits!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Serious question. How do you identify as a traveller? There must be some criteria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Serious question. How do you identify as a traveller? There must be some criteria

I could make a few suggestions , but I don't fancy an infraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I could make a few suggestions , but I don't fancy an infraction.

I genuinely had a reply typed out, then I said to myself, no, you use boards for advice on a lot topics. You don’t want an ip ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

A sooofer says the lad barred from the animal forum for greasing cats.good lad.

You’re still crying about the imaginary cat?
    That’s brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

hurler32 wrote: »

Leave em alone, tis their culture and shure its enshrined in law by Mr enda Kenny.

Has anyone mentioned the court case the travellers who don’t want the mansions in Tipperary have brought yet?
    It’s not only two stables and a field each they’re looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Gravelly wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the court case the travellers who don’t want the mansions in Tipperary have brought yet?
    It’s not only two stables and a field each they’re looking for.

Go on so, enlighten us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Ahead of tomorrow's vote, it is worth pointing out that, if Peter Casey was to win the election, no he won't be able to affect any policy. This is known, no need to keep pointing it out.
    But what he would be able to do, is affect the narrative, because be assured, that if he were not in this race, then the questions around certain cultures in Ireland would go without scrutiny or answers.
    The behavior would continue unchallenged, no questions to be answered. People will continue to not ask the questions for fear of intimidation. Keep the head down and stay out of their way

Peter Casey as President, can continue to highlight the issues and problems middle and rural Ireland face. Of that I am sure.
    The President is entitled to raise things and keep stories in the public domain for discussion.
    Be warned, that the media and current politicians do not want this conversation to be had. They much prefer to distract the electorate and let on that only a small minority have a problem with being intimidated and robbed from, that only a small minority have questions about the lifestyles they are funding from their hard earned wages.

If you want other people to put themselves forward in General Elections on policies that defend rural Ireland from robberies, to protect middle Ireland's wages from being plundered on blatant waste and to propose alll round common sense approaches to running society, then you have to vote Peter Casey. Send the message. Start something. Make the media and politicians address the questions. Let others come forward and offer alternatives.

Imagine that, imagine having alternatives from the soft nonsense that is offered at each election! Imagine having candidates like Peter Casey in every constituency and every election. Give them a chance, start it tomorrow by voting for Casey and tell everyone you are voting for him.

wexie wrote: »
    Go on so, enlighten us?

They have launched a legal action to claim squatters rights on the land they’ve been illegally camped on. A source has told me that the demands for a stable and field are a stalling tactic as they want the court action finished before they move so they can claim ownership of the land, and then move into the houses. Source says that the plan is to sell the land to the council, who would then give it back to them as the land they are requesting for their horses!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ahead of tomorrow's vote, it is worth pointing out that, if Peter Casey was to win the election, no he won't be able to affect any policy. This is known, no need to keep pointing it out.
    But what he would be able to do, is affect the narrative, because be assured, that if he were not in this race, then the questions around certain cultures in Ireland would go without scrutiny or answers.
    The behavior would continue unchallenged, no questions to be answered. People will continue to not ask the questions for fear of intimidation. Keep the head down and stay out of their way

Peter Casey as President, can continue to highlight the issues and problems middle and rural Ireland face. Of that I am sure.
    The President is entitled to raise things and keep stories in the public domain for discussion.
    Be warned, that the media and current politicians do not want this conversation to be had. They much prefer to distract the electorate and let on that only a small minority have a problem with being intimidated and robbed from, that only a small minority have questions about the lifestyles they are funding from their hard earned wages.

If you want other people to put themselves forward in General Elections on policies that defend rural Ireland from robberies, to protect middle Ireland's wages from being plundered on blatant waste and to propose alll round common sense approaches to running society, then you have to vote Peter Casey. Send the message. Start something. Make the media and politicians address the questions. Let others come forward and offer alternatives.

Imagine that, imagine having alternatives from the soft nonsense that is offered at each election! Imagine having candidates like Peter Casey in every constituency and every election. Give them a chance, start it tomorrow by voting for Casey and tell everyone you are voting for him.

I am fully aware, as an engaged citizen that there are many problems and I have long bemoaned the quality of our representation.
    What I will not do and never will do is have any hand act or part in electing someone who will incite hate to effect change.

In our recent history, and in Casey's life, we have seen how dangerous that is.
    Never give hate a chance at the polling booth, vote for any other candidate but Casey.

• There’s one thing for sure if young casey wins I’m up 250 quid. So you all may vote for him thx xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I am fully aware, as an engaged citizen that there are many problems and I have long bemoaned the quality of our representation.
    What I will not do and never will do is have any hand act or part in electing someone who will incite hate to effect change.

Never give hate a chance at the polling booth, vote for any other candidate but Casey.

I am not a child, I will vote for the person of my choosing, and nobody has, does or will ever tell me who I vote for.
    Democracy is the key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 WillContribute

I was down there recently and that’s just a plot of land.

I think he must have had the house buried underground so it could be kept secret.

I think it's secret, because of the poor mouth, nothing heard about it, all we've heard about is his previous house, with the new alarm, but he seems to like his current address as the permanent one. (Can't seem to attach an image from my phone, but the land registry confirms his address as Áras an Uachtaráin.)

Ps. I'm voting for Casey, no one telling me what to do.

I did a quick poll of my neighbours , middle aged or retired, middle class, in Cork city, all were voting Casey. Many brought it up, wanting to know what I thought, I'm 30 years younger. All angry over the group think on the media.

goat2 wrote: »
    I am not a child, I will vote for the person of my choosing, and nobody has, does or will ever tell me who I vote for.
    Democracy is the key

Why did you pick my post to say that and not the one advocating a vote for Casey?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The establishment wants to equate truth with hate, honesty with bigotry, criticism of the status quo as dangerous and reactionary.
    How have we got to a position where the main opposition party supports the government and together they support the re election of a former president of the Labour Party. All the while having tried to prevent an election taking place.
    Vote for whoever you want tomorrow. But ask yourself if you want your vote to be one of hundreds of thousands of votes to endorse the status quo tomorrow or if you want to use your vote to send a message to those who would use their dominant position to protect their self interest.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

Why did you pick my post to say that and not the one advocating a vote for Casey?

FRANCIE THE REVERSE PSYCHOLGY IS WORKING REALLY WELL :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

haley79 wrote: »
    FRANCIE THE REVERSE PSYCHOLGY IS WORKING REALLY WELL :cool:

Touche

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hope you enjoyed your 3 hours off the thread Mr Brady, was starting to worry about you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I did not criticise any of the other candidates, but rather let it be known who I would like to see in that office, for reasons I have given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

99% of guards and farmers are voting for Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    The establishment wants to equate truth with hate, honesty with bigotry, criticism of the status quo as dangerous and reactionary.
    How have we got to a position where the main opposition party supports the government and together they support the re election of a former president of the Labour Party. All the while having tried to prevent an election taking place.
    Vote for whoever you want tomorrow. But ask yourself if you want your vote to be one of hundreds of thousands of votes to endorse the status quo tomorrow or if you want to use your vote to send a message to those who would use their dominant position to protect their self interest.

Do not forget, the only reason we have 3 dragons, plus 2 mediocre personalities is that neither FF nor FG can afford an election, it has nothing to do with the job MDH has performed.

It doesn't suit them, fortunately we have been afforded an unexpected opportunity to voice your opposition to this highly centralised, highly dysfunctional political system led by highly paid Ministers and highly paid Civil Servants and political advisors, which is affecting households across this country in the shape of a dysfunctional housing market, dysfunctional Health Service, dysfunctional Judiciary, Rotten Garda Management culture, rotten Media landscape and they have all endeavored to undermine the democratic process by treating the black sheep of this debacle as a racist/bigot/Trump like/insert any number of highly emotive insults...I won't be missing this opportunity to use vote with my conscious.

(By the way, I am well aware PC can't do jot about it, but we have to start somewhere who knows if we will ever get a chance like this again)

• Advertisement

SafeSurfer wrote: »

FF FG have practically merged because they are afraid of SF becoming the main opposition party. The game is up when that happens.

They are each petrified for their own survival reasons of facing an electorate. That is what is happening politically, no need for conspiracy theories.

How long the electorate stand for a practically paralysed government remains to be seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement