Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

goat2 wrote: »
    Did they say they were Fine Gael members,
    I think a majority of people are more fluid now, they don't stay for life with one party because granny and daddy voted FF or FG they should carry on the tradition, it is more about policies than names now

Yeah know them their members support them like a football team. To be clear I've no time for Fine Gael myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Nobody expects him to win at all really. but if he comes ahead of the other four candidates after MDH, well that would be good.

But sure who knows.

If the exit polls show he is last, or indeed not second, the meeja will have a field day, and back to PC 101 again.

But if he gets a substantial number of votes, maybe, just maybe, we will see less PC and more honesty in the run up to the next GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yeah know them their members support them like a football team. To be clear I've no time for Fine Gael myself.

Vlad the dictator on how we should vote, together with reneging on looking after those who get up in morning will mean a reduced vote for FG I am sure of it.

FF have been very quiet during this campaign too.

Better not derail the thread. Casey no.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Gravelly wrote: »
    But if he gets a substantial number of votes, maybe, just maybe, we will see less PC and more honesty in the run up to the next GE.

I suspect it will result in a change in FG. Move back from the left and the end of Varadker

Gravelly wrote: »

Hopefully, but a totally biased media is not going to assist any change, unless candidates step up to the plate and call for equality.

Will be a difficult road, but then again it is up to us, the contributers to challenge our candidates. Important to use equality as the mantra, otherwise all sorts of names will come their and our way.

See? Always thinking of the PC fallout. Has to change. My voice is just as valid as others. And the "others" probably don't bother voting as they know they will get the largesse anyway so why bother voting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

knipex wrote: »
    I suspect it will result in a change in FG. Move back from the left and the end of Varadker

We live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Casey and Gallagher odds both changing with PP. (Without MDH)

8/15 and 7/4 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,961 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Would you think that FG moving right would gain votes for them ?

Vlad is all style and little substance IMV. He speaks well, is very courteous and well turned out for sure.

But he seems to speak out of both sides of his gob.

Maybe he has to, in order to keep the Confidence and Supply going and keep the Indos on side.

So unfortunately at the moment, we have a mish mash and they are trying to be everything to everyone, but they are not looking after the contributers at all when it comes down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

Casey and Gallagher odds both changing with PP. (Without MDH)

8/15 and 7/4 respectively.

The wheels haven’t fallen off yet, but I think the lock nuts are starting to loosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

My prediction for first preference votes is as follows:

Higgins 52%
    Casey 18%
    Ni Riada 15%
    Gallagher 11%
    Freeman 3%
    Duffy 2%

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

lotsobear wrote: »
    When all the people coming home from work (the providing class) get to the polling stations this this evening Casey will get a huge surge of votes. The establishment will be sent a clear message that the ordinary decent person has had enough.

Sadly, unless he wins, the media will view this as a rejection of him and his views, regardless of what percent of the vote he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Calhoun wrote: »
    Lol lads there is no way Casey is winning, just be happy that he might get number 2.

Nobody expects to him to win. But if he comes second after being a 500/1 outsider last week it will show that a lot of people agree what he said about travellers. Hopefully then a member of the Dail will take this onboard when running in the next general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nobody expects to him to win. But if he comes second after being a 500/1 outsider last week it will show that a lot of people agree what he said about travellers. Hopefully then a member of the Dail will take this onboard when running in the next general election.
    don't forget welfare dependence!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Higgins 52%
    Casey 18%
    Ni Riada 15%
    Gallagher 11%
    Freeman 3%
    Duffy 2%

Ni Riada got my number 2 and Duffy got my 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Damien360 wrote: »
    Sadly, unless he wins, the media will view this as a rejection of him and his views, regardless of what percent of the vote he gets.

Yes, that's usually how politics works.

*shakes fist* damn you MSM!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Allinall wrote: »
    The wheels haven’t fallen off yet, but I think the lock nuts are starting to loosen.

Nah, nothing I've seen online anywhere suggests there's any kind of appetite for Gallagher, at all.

Could be PP wanting to create a kind of false belief that there's a battle for 2nd between the two, remember lots (myself included) got Casey at 16-1 and 4-1 just a few days ago.

They might be in for a bit of a hammering on those bets.

Might be trying to entice people to back Gallagher to soften that blow.

I don't bet very often (at all really) so my theory might well be me talking through my hoop too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,961 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just one you think.
    And then spend the duration of the next Dail on the naughty step.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

elperello wrote: »
    Just one you think.
    And then spend the duration of the next Dail on the naughty step.

It would be tough alright as they would be branded a racist straight away.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Lol lads there is no way Casey is winning, just be happy that he might get number 2.

It is still very good if he gets that, then he could go again in the next one 7 yrs down the line,
    Live to fight another day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

They won’t though.its corruption and money first with the lads in the dail and it’s easier to be blowing kisses at a small population of travelers while shafting the working class and taxpayers daily.
    Didn’t take paddy Irish man long to figure out a way to get down in the pockets of people buying electric vehicles.once it gets popular its time start greasing the paws.they will be going after vape e cigarettes when they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Get off the stage.

I defended nothing.

I pointed out that in Ireland getting married at 15 is legal.
    I gave no opinion as to whether or not I think that is acceptable. (I don't btw)

I am not going to stop criticising ethnic groups for deeply homophobic and deeply misogynistic cultures and practices. You may choose to excuse them and let them off but I won't.

Damien360 wrote: »

If he comes in in the first 3, I think quiet the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

goat2 wrote: »
    If he comes in in the first 3, I think quiet the opposite

they may well choose to ignore it for the time being...but we're not going away!

Nah, nothing I've seen online anywhere suggests there's any kind of appetite for Gallagher, at all.

Could be PP wanting to create a kind of false belief that there's a battle for 2nd between the two, remember lots (myself included) got Casey at 16-1 and 4-1 just a few days ago.

They might be in for a bit of a hammering on those bets.

Might be trying to entice people to back Gallagher to soften that blow.

I don't bet very often (at all really) so my theory might well be me talking through my hoop too. :pac:

I bet far too much and my reading is they’re running scared of Gallagher coming second.

But then I could be talking out of my rear end as well -:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

don't forget welfare dependence!

That’s 98% of the travelling community as well

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Again you have to be rude.

I am in favour of the law being enforced equally across all sections of society.
    Funny - I say that and you call me a hypocrite why extolling Casey for, apparently, calling for Travellers to be treated equally.

Some one isn't being consistent and it's ain't me bub.

I am not hypocritical enough to claim settled people don't commit crimes or to claim some settled people don't get away with breaking the law - or were, for example, those penalty points the some guards made go away belonging to Travellers?

You know there is something called societal responsibility and leadership.

It is a sad day that any law requires enforcement. In an ideal society, people respect the law. There is no doubt that Traveller culture does not respect the rule of law in the same way that the settled community does. Like their misogynist and homophobic cultures, this is not something that should be condoned or defended because it is part of their culture.

I am in favour of all people respecting the law in the same way and I put a responsibility on political, community and ethnic leaders to lead the way in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭spurshero

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Higgins 52%
    Casey 18%
    Ni Riada 15%
    Gallagher 11%
    Freeman 3%
    Duffy 2%
    Where is the extra percent gonna come from

spurshero wrote: »
    Where is the extra percent gonna come from

Someone up thread said they voted twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

elperello wrote: »
    Would you think that FG moving right would gain votes for them ?

Back to where they were 5 years ago would do it for me.. just right of center. The party of law and order, the party of economic prudence and the party of the working person.

Enda started the trend but Varadker has moved it to the point that FG are not far off where labor used to be.

Lots of FG voters feeling betrayed but where have they to go ?

Renua or The Nationalist Party ?

Personally I would immigrate (again) first but lots of disenfranchised voters out there.

I really hope that a high turnout for Casey will re-calibrate Irish politics and remind them its not all about the race to the left, Murphy and his ilk are not the threat anymore..

Otherwise I fear for the rise of the hard right..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement