Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Exactly, does anyone seriously believe that Casey actually cares about anything to do with Travelers?
    It's pure political opportunism. Ireland is only going to get more chancers like this running for office since it's been proven to be a winning formula.

Also can people please stop complaining about the world being PC!! Donald Trump is the president of the US.
    That should have ended all discussion of that. It's an old US Republican party attack slogan that just won't die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

A decent showing to 2nd place would delight me, it would definitely “send a message” to Leo the Louse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Be prepared also for the news of which constituency PC received the largest vote....another favourite of our Media types!
    I wonder will he win any constituency? I reckon it's unlikely, probably a good vote spread around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

vetinari wrote: »
    Exactly, does anyone seriously believe that Casey actually cares about anything to do with Travelers?
    It's pure political opportunism. Ireland is only going to get more chancers like this running for office since it's been proven to be a winning formula.

Also can people please stop complaining about the world being PC!! Donald Trump is the president of the US.
    That should have ended all discussion of that. It's an old US Republican party attack slogan that just won't die.

NO,

Of course he doesnt, he was asked a question and gave an example of those ones in Tipp, he didnt even know they were made an ethnic group. He doesnt know how much the dole is. He doesnt live here! He's a fool, he wants to do something about bringing together the irish diaspora around the world, sounds like every day is patricks day as he jets off to foreign places to 'help trade' on irelands behalf?????

But hes nothing like trump, he did not continue to talk about travellers, if he did he might have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

I wonder will he win any constituency? I reckon it's unlikely, probably a good vote spread around.

The one to watch is the larger farming communities. They have been hit hard. Roscommon, Limerick border areas into Tipp, parts of Meath. Not sure Casey has really resonated with older people and Mickey D is therefore the best of the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,811 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What's Joan Burton on about? Is this really national news?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Pray tell, Pray tell..

Casey didn't even say that much against travellers, that's what is funny. He could have said much more like the numerous violent burglaries, scams and attacks on elderly and farmers. Why over 50% of prisoners in Castlerea prison are travellers when they have such a small proportion of the population.

That he even dared question the liberal narrative meant he was painted as Hitler.

Be prepared also for the news of which constituency PC received the largest vote....another favourite of our Media types!

Thurles is supposedly bucking the trend with over 59% turnout.

Edit: they are talking about a booth? Turnout at the station in the 20s

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Pray tell, Pray tell..

Came in on the end of it. Something about confusion about where the polling station was.
    Is that not a local issue?

• Advertisement

For those of us who left our crystal balls at home this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

Came in on the end of it. Something about confusion about where the polling station was.
    Is that not a local issue?

Must be related to Tyrellstown school so

Damien360 wrote: »
    Must be related to Tyrellstown school so

What was the story though? Did the dratted conspirators hide it? Or did de travellers nick it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No solutions! WTF.

Get tax inspectors into every ‘halting site’ in the country, examine sources of income, look for tax history, investigate the income sources and the taxes paid or not paid.

Same way as everyone else can be investigated if required by the Rev.

That would be a fairly good start, then examine welfare payments, school attendance records same as everyone else . Match up recipients with actual people.

There’s two good solutions for starters...and there’s more.:confused:
    By selecting a minority community as a target? Time to get down of that horse called Irony.

Francie the fact that they are a “ minority community” is neither here nor there.

What people are railing against is that this community by and large do not contribute to society but expect society to bankroll them.

That’s the long and the short of it. Nothing too complicated about that surely.

If any section of our population are causing problems surely one can speak out against their activities, the fact that they are in the minority is as I said ,irrelevant

Isn’t tyrrelstown the school that was closed due to being unsafe?

What was the story though? Did the dratted conspirators hide it? Or did de travellers nick it? :D

The govt hired cowboys to build it and it’s structurally unsound and couldn’t be used for voting, now an “independent” company that is looking into this scandal has been found to have links with the builders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My god Joan Burton is still alive

As a constituent this is the first I’ve heard from her since the last general election
    SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Will Casey come first in any constituency? I think perhaps Tipperary where turnout is 50% in some booths.

Tipp regularly tops the country for turnout. Well at least it used to in past decades

twitter.com/hazechu/status/1055851961927503872

Can't post URLs but looks the libs are already melting down. Not surprised this person is a Green party candidate. Nutters.

The govt hired cowboys to build it and it’s structurally unsound and couldn’t be used for voting, now an “independent” company that is looking into this scandal has been found to have links with the builders.

Only in Ireland. I suppose if we dig deep enough some TD will probably have links with the 'independent' inspectors or builders.

Francie the fact that they are a “ minority community” is neither here nor there.
    Yes it does matter when other communities are contributing just as much to the problems you are trying to fix.
    What people are railing against is that this community by and large do not contribute to society but expect society to bankroll them.

That’s the long and the short of it. Nothing too complicated about that surely.

If any section of our population are causing problems surely one can speak out against their activities, the fact that they are in the minority is as I said ,irrelevant

You can speak out about problems, and I have, and plenty of others have too. What is not acceptable is generalising about a community though. That is when you tip over into exploiting prejudice and bias. This thread and some of the comment is a classic example of what happens when prejudice and bias are given oxygen.
    The dangers of what Casey did existed long before the terms PC and SJW came into fashion too. In fact they ave existed since society started to civilise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Can't post URLs but looks the libs are already melting down. Not surprised this person is a Green party candidate. Nutters.

I’ll have a go , it’s tricky

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1055851961927503872

Well that escalated quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

A friend said they were going to vote for #PeterCasey for #Aras18 saying that he was right about Political Correctness getting out of hand. I couldn't help myself and said 'Well if we're not being PC then I'm just a chink & you're just a bigoted pr%@k'. *Silence* #aras2018

• Registered Users Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I just came in I was listening to it outside.
    They were talking about the school building issues in Tyrellstown.
    The presenter said that the polling station had to be moved due to the issues and JB was in like a shot giving detailed directions to the new polling station.

One of the first rule of politics.
    All politics is local.
    Vote No 1 JB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

mikemac2 wrote: »

Fcuking Greens
    I cant believe i voted for them last time here in Cork.

They're the most sanctimonious, arrogant and spineless, virtue signalling ghouls ever. Would love to see Casey do well, just to see them melt down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

elperello wrote: »
    I just came in I was listening to it outside.
    They were talking about the school building issues in Tyrellstown.
    The presenter said that the polling station had to be moved due to the issues and JB was in like a shot giving detailed directions to the new polling station.

One of the first rule of politics.
    All politics is local.
    Vote No 1 JB.

Can i just say....

*slap

I think that Political Correctness is just thrown around as an insult nowadays to the point that it is used to have a go at people who are just being decent.

In many instances it's just a lazy response to the other persons position.

Can i just say....

*slap

You can but I don't know what you mean. :)

elperello wrote: »
    I think that Political Correctness is just thrown around as an insult nowadays to the point that it is used to have a go at people who are just being decent.

In many instances it's just a lazy response to the other persons position.

Your right. It's like the way the word 'racist' is used as a lazy response to the other persons position

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Your right. It's like the way the word 'racist' is used as a lazy response to the other persons position

Yes that too.

Over use devalues the impact of any term.

We need to exercise restraint if language is to have any meaning.

I prefer a respectful exchange of opinions.

(I know I'm in the wrong place)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭enricoh

mikemac2 wrote: »

She sounds like a barrel of laughs, has she any good jokes up on the twitter?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement