Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

twitter.com/hazechu/status/1055851961927503872

Can't post URLs but looks the libs are already melting down. Not surprised this person is a Green party candidate. Nutters.

Haha I saw that tweet earlier. Profile is something else.

Pretty standard fare from the Michael D voters. Scruffy looking PBP types most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Your right. It's like the way the word 'racist' is used as a lazy response to the other persons position

Martin Collins of Pavee is a dab hand at calling the racist card. It is his go to response for everything.

As if the people he represents are a different race! But of course no one has the cojones to call him out on it.

Hopefully that will change. Ethnicity does not equal your race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

mikemac2 wrote: »

Can't post URLs but looks the libs are already melting down. Not surprised this person is a Green party candidate. Nutters.

I’ll have a go , it’s tricky

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1055851961927503872

Well that escalated quickly
    Looks like voting for Peter is p1ssing off all of the right tw@ts!!

Absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Vizzy wrote: »
    But given that everyone considers him a racist ( according to the other 5)and nobody thinks like he does, he hasn't a hope

But.. but... all the plain speaking people of Ireland who get up in the morning here on Boards insist he isn't a racist and he plainly speaks the plain truth as believed by the plain speaking people...

Surely this paragon of plain truth speaking will romp home - unless the majority of voters do not actually agree with him...

I think we now need a word that can be used instead of Racism where the issue actually is ethnicity.

Ethniticism. Ethnicisist. Or something. Come on get with the program while we are waiting for the exit polls :P

I shouldn't be throwing out such ideas but that's next if the Racist card is pulled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Looks like voting for Peter is p1ssing off all of the right tw@ts!!

Absolutely fantastic.

Whats great about it is this is the type of person that is driving people to Casey. Not only can she not respect another person has the right to vote how they want but not voting how they want gets him branded a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭enricoh

Well he went from 500/1 to 10/1in the space of 10 days, so what he was saying must have resonated with people.
    Either that or the bookies are racist n trying to promote him!!

I think we now need a word that can be used instead of Racism where the issue actually is ethnicity.

Ethniticism. Ethnicisist. Or something. Come on get with the program while we are waiting for the exit polls :P

I shouldn't be throwing out such ideas but that's next if the Racist card is pulled.

Ethnophobe?

Can people just agree some other people are differently ethnic?

enricoh wrote: »
    Well he went from 500/1 to 10/1in the space of 10 days, so what he was saying must have resonated with people.

Bookies don't care what colour money is :P

enricoh wrote: »

Well in places like this anyway. Otherwise nothing positive about him in MSM, radio, Tv, de papers and so on.

Great to vent. Casey has popped the cork from the bottle for many who have been silenced up to now. But it's early days, there is a lot of fear out there about being labelled the R word etc. Time that people got their say about EQUALITY.

Wanting equality of treatment for all is not racist. Is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Damien360 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with it, although it is a true statement. This is the anti-PC vote finally arriving in Ireland. US got it with Trump and UK got it with Brexit (which backfired a bit). Italy got the same with their new government. Voters are fed up with political correctness as it stamps on common sense.

the former middle, its their relentless creep to the left, that has forced those in the middle, the moderates, to go more to the right! Absolute idiots! Weak , spineless, cowards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I guess the irony of this is that the Chinese are the exact opposite of what Peter Casey was commenting on. All the Chinese that I have met have been extremely hard working, extremely respectful, and try to integrate. Why would anybody have a problem with them?

Edit: I realise that i've just left myself wide open for a Father Ted allusion, so bring it on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Jayzus, some people just can't stop themselves from being righteous arses.

Is it that they have never had people disagree with them or a messianic complex that leads to a belief in having complete wisdom.

Fcuking Greens
    I cant believe i voted for them last time here in Cork.

They're the most sanctimonious, arrogant and spineless, virtue signalling ghouls ever. Would love to see Casey do well, just to see them melt down.

They are like the Order of Jesuits but even more so than Jesuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

I guess the irony of this is that the Chinese are the exact opposite of what Peter Casey was commenting on. All the Chinese that I have met have been extremely hard working, extremely respectful, and try to integrate. Why would anybody have a problem with them?

Edit: I realise that i've just left myself wide open for a Father Ted allusion, so bring it on :-)

You can say that again. You won't find Chinese people looking for handouts. They work hard and assimilate well everywhere they go.

A 30 second look at her profile was enough to explain the kind of character she is. I highly doubt she has a friend who voted for Peter Casey.

What will this place be like after the exit polls at 10pm.

There is no way I'll be watching the greyhound on the LLS so will just refresh the thread and keep an eye out elsewhere.

Oh me nerves!

You don't have to travel far in rural Ireland to find people who have rough dealings with travellers from businesses homes robbed, rubbish dumping, bar fights, shop lifting.

It is the scale of it, the intensity that often marks out the difference.

Bars broken to bits, on and on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,444 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What will this place be like after the exit polls at 10pm.

There is no way I'll be watching the greyhound on the LLS so will just refresh the thread and keep an eye out elsewhere.

Oh me nerves!

Where do the exit poll results get released. I know they'll be up here but I can't wait the 30 seconds it'll take for someone to post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

blanch152 wrote: »
    The thing is, Leo is smart enough to see what way the wind is blowing. What odds that the talks with FF break down because FF want more money for welfare but FG want more money for those who work?

FG had the chance in this budget to ease the burden on the working man but they chose to help the layabout more. Imagine a lad who has never worked and never will being rewarded better than the man whose taxes they gave him.

We’re all gonna have to head over to the LLS thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

tom1ie wrote: »
    Where do the exit poll results get released. I know they'll be up here but I can't wait the 30 seconds it'll take for someone to post it.

Not sure they are allowed until polling stations are closed. There is one in here but I don't think angry internet people exit polls are accounted for .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You can say that again. You won't find Chinese people looking for handouts. They work hard and assimilate well everywhere they go.

A 30 second look at her profile was enough to explain the kind of character she is. I highly doubt she has a friend who voted for Peter Casey.

"They work hard and assimilate well everywhere they go."

Tell that to the people of Tibet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,811 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We’re all gonna have to head over to the LLS thread.

They're a whole ethnicity of their own. Tubridists. And they whinge more than anyone on the island. :)

tom1ie wrote: »

I think Irish Times and RTE via Tubs lol. Possibly others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

elperello wrote: »
    You can but I don't know what you mean. :)

Giftgrub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

They're a whole ethnicity of their own. Tubridists. And they whinge more than anyone on the island. :)

Ah jaysus they can't be as bad as the Darcites.

FG had the chance in this budget to ease the burden on the working man but they chose to help the layabout more. Imagine a lad who has never worked and never will being rewarded better than the man whose taxes they gave him.

This.

The worker gets a euro.

Those who refuse to work (usual exceptions for age, disability and carers apply)
    get a fiver AND a bonus for refusing to work.

Mad. Time to fight back against this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Danzy wrote: »
    You don't have to travel far in rural Ireland to find people who have rough dealings with travellers from businesses homes robbed, rubbish dumping, bar fights, shop lifting.

It is the scale of it, the intensity that often marks out the difference.

Bars broken to bits, on and on and on.

Certain types of criminals still have some respect for the elderly, animals etc. They still have some sort of code. Travellers seem to have zero respect for elderly people, in fact they actively target them because they are vulnerable. They have dished out some savage beatings to old farmers, and scammed pensioners out of their live savings.

Those who want respect, give respect. Travellers target vulnerable people and try hide behind their ethnic minority status to avoid criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Giftgrub?

No, I'm lost.
    Not for the first time I assure you.
    Please don't put yourself out any further on my behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I've spoken to several people who agree with Peter Casey's comments on Travellers, but have absolutely no intentions of voting for him because the cunt's a ****ing gobshite, in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement