Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,598 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This.

The worker gets a euro.

Those who refuse to work (usual exceptions for age, disability and carers apply)
    get a fiver AND a bonus for refusing to work.

Mad. Time to fight back against this.
    Do yo realise the president doesn't do the budget?

No more than with Trump/Brexit the fall back will be hilarious when people realise the amount of nonsense they bought into :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I've spoken to several people who agree with Peter Casey's comments on Travellers, but have absolutely no intentions of voting for him because the cunt's a ****ing gobshite, in fairness.

let me guess...#keepthepoet

• Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ah jaysus they can't be as bad as the Darcites.

Nearly forgot the Duffers. They are awaiting their chance to comment all next week when the 'balance' regs are lifted. Might be time to hide the batteries, as I expect the 'silent majority' will be taking to the airways, unfettered by the establishment. :) Oh my ears!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Just spoke to 2 friends who voted Casey, both farmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

If Peter Casey gets elected the no Irish person can ever criticise Americans for voting for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I think Irish Times and RTE via Tubs lol. Possibly others.

**** that. There’s no way I’ll watch the late late to find out how Casey’s getting on. I’ll herald the fight back of the working person tomorrow some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If Peter Casey gets elected the no Irish person can ever criticise Americans for voting for Trump.

Why's that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Just voted for Casey.
    Where can i collect my pillowcase headwear?

Why? There’s no comparison. Trumps racist and a bigot, Casey’s not.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Education is key to ending this divide. Let’s start with getting this fella a math tutor.

https://www.facebook.com/1844509016/posts/10210575564145703/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

let me guess...#keepthepoet

Most normal people (i.e. people who aren't cranks), whether right or left leaning, will have voted for Michael D because he has represented us extremely well over the last seven years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Oh wouldn't it be priceless to see Tubs face if Casey does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The President of the United States, is a completely different office to the President of the Republic of Ireland...I know, I can see why you are confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭omega man

I voted Casey and absolutely detest trump. Not sure what your point is?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just voted.
    Yes on ref
    Michael D number 1
    Place like a ghost town

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

What will this place be like after the exit polls at 10pm.

There is no way I'll be watching the greyhound on the LLS so will just refresh the thread and keep an eye out elsewhere.

Oh me nerves!

The IT has an exit poll also

• Registered Users Posts: 23,702 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Most normal people (i.e. people who aren't cranks), whether right or left leaning, will have voted for Michael D because he has represented us extremely well over the last seven years.

How?

We seem to be going back to the days of the Aras as a nursing home.

If your point is he is best of a bad lot fair enough but I don't see how he has represented us "well" or done anything noteworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Can we still criticize people for making stupid posts?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

One's a leader and policymaker and the other is merely a token figurehead. They are in no way comaprable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

What has he done for 7 years?

• Advertisement

Well he hasn’t come cheap, but he does shake a hand well. Ya see the thing is this vote has turned into a “well I’m not represented at local or government level, but yer man going for the presidency said normal workers are getting rode left right and centre (pardon the political pun) and that kinda resonates with me” kinda vote. So I think it doesn’t really matter if Mickey d’s Done alright for 7 years. This vote represents different things for people who pay tax but get nothing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do yo realise the president doesn't do the budget?

Ah no, I'm a total gobshyte in fairness :pac:

It is all about the message to the Dail this time, if Casey gets a good few scratches. A little opening of the PC curtain maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

There we go with the labels from dismissive liberals again. Normal people will vote for Higgins, therefore the people who vote for Casey must be abnormal.

You just can’t accept that people might have a different opinion than yours. So you have to label them as being stupid or bigoted or uneducated. But guess what we are normal, educated, intelligent people.
    In a democracy one can vote for who ever one chooses.

They are no wrong or right answers.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Apparently there is a fear Irish people are moving towards political nativism. Couldn't be that allot of folk are sick of the bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭elperello

"They are no wrong or right answers."

Pretty much confirms my suspicion that there's no point asking a question around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,598 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah no, I'm a total gobshyte in fairness :pac:

It is all about the message to the Dail this time, if Casey gets a good few scratches. A little opening of the PC curtain maybe.

But what party will Casey's supporters choose? FG again? FF again? Random independents that cant influence shít compared to the parties?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

It's kind of interesting the wide range of people I've seen voting for Casey. People from all parties. Seen some young women repealthe8th types on twitter saying they voted Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's kind of interesting the wide range of people I've seen voting for Casey. People from all parties. Seen some young women repealthe8th types on twitter saying they voted Casey.

What does a repealrhe8th look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭elperello

pjohnson wrote: »
    But what party will Casey's supporters choose? FG again? FF again? Random independents that cant influence shít compared to the parties?

Put your finger on it there.
    Maybe one of them will recruit him if he doesn't get in.
    Better inside ...... out etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tom1ie wrote: »
    This vote represents different things for people who pay tax but get nothing for it.

No it doesn't, because they are the very people who have been electing the governments of the last decades.

This vote will represent a number of distinct types, those who cannot see past prejudice and those who just want to burn everything down because they are jealous and those who want to burn things down for the craic. Quite a number of those would never have bothered voting at all.

So either the low turnout means it would be even lower if the above had not come out. Or we are getting the normal people who can be depended upon to turn out at every election. i.e. responsible citizens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement