Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Allinall wrote: »
    What does a repealrhe8th look like?

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

No it doesn't, because they are the very people who have been electing the governments of the last decades.

This vote will represent a number of distinct types, those who cannot see past prejudice and those who just want to burn everything down because they are jealous and those who want to burn things down for the craic. Quite a number of those would never have bothered voting at all.

So either the low turnout means it would be even lower if the above had not come out. Or we are getting the normal people who can be depended upon to turn out at every election. i.e. responsible citizens.

Normal people?????

You lefties don’t and will never get why people are turning to the right.

Unbelievable ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Probably a bit confused if they voted for Casey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

MDH only. Yes.

They have repeal the 8th on their profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

pjohnson wrote: »
    But what party will Casey's supporters choose? FG again? FF again? Random independents that cant influence shcompared to the parties?

I know, sigh.

But maybe voters might be emboldened to actually challenge the candidates on these issues now. Not a chance up to now.

I dunno. But maybe if people regain their voice, things might change.

All politicians watch which way the wind is blowing.

They have repeal the 8th on their profile.

And do you consider the repeal good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

But what party will Casey's supporters choose? FG again? FF again? Random independents that cant influence shít compared to the parties?

Some sort of Renua hybrid. Drop the anti immigration, pro life and they’re sorted.
    Economic and justice is bang on.

I know, sigh.

But maybe voters might be emboldened to actually challenge the candidates on these issues now. Not a chance up to now.

They do and then they find shelter.
    When it stops blowing they come out and say "it was only a breeze follow me"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Normal people?????

You lefties don’t and will never get why people are turning to the right.

Unbelievable ignorance.

So willing to jump up in righteous indignation, :)

The 'normal' people who turn out for elections as opposed to those who don't normally turn out.

:):) so touchy there Wheelie, have you a wee complex about all this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

No it doesn't, because they are the very people who have been electing the governments of the last decades.

This vote will represent a number of distinct types, those who cannot see past prejudice and those who just want to burn everything down because they are jealous and those who want to burn things down for the craic. Quite a number of those would never have bothered voting at all.

So either the low turnout means it would be even lower if the above had not come out. Or we are getting the normal people who can be depended upon to turn out at every election. i.e. responsible citizens.
    Jealous? Of Travellers? Hardly.

Id say its more like sick of the way many of them behave and the way it's tolerated and enabled to an extent by the state.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Some sort of Renua hybrid. Drop the anti immigration, pro life and they’re sorted.
    Economic and justice is bang on.

And where would that leave us?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

elperello wrote: »

Probably where Fine Gael were 25 years ago.

Jealous? Of Travellers? Hardly.

Id say its more like sick of the way many of them behave and the way it's tolerated and enabled to an extent by the state.

Jealous because they perceive others to be getting more. That demographic are always waiting for a leader to give them their starter for ten. Begrudgery runs deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

I know, sigh.

peter is going to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

jesus h christ

walofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,702 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

haley79 wrote: »
    peter is going to win

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

elperello wrote: »

FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

But what party will Casey's supporters choose? FG again? FF again? Random independents that cant influence shít compared to the parties?

Who should they choose in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Higgins will walk back in of course but Casey's percentage will be interesting. Looks nailed on for second and totally scuppered any chances of the others getting their expenses back id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

2.5 hours to the verdict. I know it is an exit poll but they were amazingly accurate in recent votes.

We know Casey will not be elected. But hopefully his vote will hold up and send a signal.

I'm a bit wary TBH. As in, hoping we are not living in a little bubble of the internet here.

Anyway, we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

What is a normal person in your eyes Francie, one that agrees with your opinions?

I also doubt people vote to burn things down for the craic, except maybe the extreme lefties or the PPP followers, as they don't want power :confused:

By the way Francie can you see past your prejudice?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If he even comes 2nd, it'll be put down to Moscow, the Cia, UKIP, Jews etc.

If he wins it'll be a joint effort by all and the proles and they will not be forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Jealous because they perceive others to be getting more. That demographic are always waiting for a leader to give them their starter for ten. Begrudgery runs deep.

Like Catholics in the north before John Hume?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Guesstimate time

MDH 62%
    GALLAGHER 12%
    SINNFEINIRA 9%
    CASEY 8%
    DUFFY 3%
    FREETHEWORLD 6%

hopefully it adds up to 100%

Is a low turnout a good thing for Peter? I'm assuming so?

Because it's looking very low in certain areas.

What is a normal person in your eyes Francie, one that agrees with your opinions?

:) This is great. I clarified that I was talking about the people who normally vote but still it will be represented as me saying something else. :):)
    I also doubt people vote to burn things down for the craic, except maybe the extreme lefties or the PPP followers, as they don't want power :confused:
    Plenty here who are more worried about their bets and who just want stick one on Leo for the lols.
    By the way Francie can you see past your prejudice?

At least I try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Were FF playing it cute here?
    not overtly backing Seanvelope.
    FG hitched their wagons to Migeldy, and denounced Casey.

If Casey polls well, FF might see some political capital to be made, FG cant capitalise on it without demobstrating complete hypocrisy....

Intetesting times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is a low turnout a good thing for Peter? I'm assuming so?

Because it's looking very low in certain areas.
    Low turnout in affluent areas is good for Casey. Low overall, is not. It indicates general apathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Leo wanted us to send a clear message come election day.
    Casey No.1, that clear enough for you Leo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement