Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Most normal people (i.e. people who aren't cranks), whether right or left leaning, will have voted for Michael D because he has represented us extremely well over the last seven years.

By representing you mean didn’t rock the boat, collected his cheques last and expenses and then decided to wring another 7 years out of it going back on his original pledge?

Leo wanted us to send a clear message come election day.
    Casey No.1, that clear enough for you Leo?

What's your message that accompanied that vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

tom1ie wrote: »
    Well he hasn’t come cheap, but he does shake a hand well. Ya see the thing is this vote has turned into a “well I’m not represented at local or government level, but yer man going for the presidency said normal workers are getting rode left right and centre (pardon the political pun) and that kinda resonates with me” kinda vote. So I think it doesn’t really matter if Mickey d’s Done alright for 7 years. This vote represents different things for people who pay tax but get nothing for it.

He shakes a hand well and is a fantastic orator in both of our national languages. Until last week, Peter Casey was on 1% - behind even Gavin Duffy. He was on 1% for a very good reason - he's the worst candidate - an absolute chancer who can barely string two words together. He expressed a couple of opinions that resonated with people who regard themselves as the 'squeezed middle'. Fair enough if he was running in a Dáil election, but who honestly wants that representing the country as a powerless figurehead for the next seven (or five or whatever) years? Idiots, that's who. People who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

gmisk wrote: »
    Just voted.
    Yes on ref
    Michael D number 1
    Place like a ghost town

There was a rumour you were bringing a soapbox.:)

I think turnout has increased in last hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

seamus wrote: »
    Low turnout in affluent areas is good for Casey. Low overall, is not. It indicates general apathy.

If the top half of the income ladder come out, MDH walks it in line with polls.

If the lower half dominate, then Casey will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Were FF playing it cute here?
    not overtly backing Seanvelope.
    FG hitched their wagons to Migeldy, and denounced Casey.

If Casey polls well, FF might see some political capital to be made, FG cant capitalise on it without demobstrating complete hypocrisy....

Intetesting times ahead
    My Dad is FF fanatic and supporting Gallagher

Low turnout in affluent areas is good for Casey. Low overall, is not. It indicates general apathy.

No surprise on "general apathy" - it was a complete waste of time.

I'm kicking myself I didn't do a 6/1 bet on Mickey D wearing blue when voting- at least it looked blue to me on the TV this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

:) This is great. I clarified that I was talking about the people who normally vote but still it will be represented as me saying something else. :):)

Plenty here who are more worried about their bets and who just want stick one on Leo for the lols.

At least I try.

First of all Francie I had only read so far on the posts so did not see your clarification, before i started typing

Also do you not see the irony in your comment above about being misrepresented????? I thought your misrepresentation of both Casey's comments and others was your modus operandi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Guesstimate time

MDH 62%
    GALLAGHER 12%
    SINNFEINIRA 9%
    CASEY 8%
    DUFFY 3%
    FREETHEWORLD 6%

hopefully it adds up to 100%

My guess

Higgins 60%
    Casey 15%
    Ní Riada 12%
    Gallagher 8%
    Freeman 4%
    Duffy 1%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Like Catholics in the north before John Hume?

Others were getting more then.
    Casey came out of there, he should know what legislation fostering inclusiveness and parity of esteem is about and what it achieves.
    But then he bolted from there to pursue financial success leaving people like Hume and others to solve the mess.

I suspect he will be as much use in solving the problems he exploited last week too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Looking at very low turnout in certain areas

16% so far in Cootehill, Co Cavan

26% in Drimnagh

16% Dungarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Is a low turnout a good thing for Peter? I'm assuming so?

Because it's looking very low in certain areas.

Not in my area anyway.

I will reveal that when going into the booth to vote I had to pass by a young lady (well young to me!) and I saw her vote for Prez. I was a slow walker. lol.

Casey 1, was all I saw. I didn't want to be arrested! Honestly, and this is a fairly stuck in the mud area.

Will I be arrested for looking at her vote! Couldn't help it. Being me! I always go to the back of the diagonal. But maybe the set up is different elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Danzy wrote: »
    If the top half of the income ladder come out, MDH walks it in line with polls.

If the lower half dominate, then Casey will do well.

If young people come out to vote, the septuagenarian will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

He shakes a hand well and is a fantastic orator in both of our national languages. Until last week, Peter Casey was on 1% - behind even Gavin Duffy. He was on 1% for a very good reason - he's the worst candidate - an absolute chancer who can barely string two words together. He expressed a couple of opinions that resonated with people who regard themselves as the 'squeezed middle'. Fair enough if he was running in a Dáil election, but who honestly wants that [/I]representing the country as a powerless figurehead for the next seven (or five or whatever) years? Idiots, that's who. People who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

We had one of those for the last seven years, but hey, according to the media and the politicians he earned his day in the sun, he has been in politics since 1969 you know :rolleyes: and as he says himself he writes a good speech

Not in my area anyway.

I will reveal that when going into the booth to vote I had to pass by a young lady (well young to me!) and I saw her vote for Prez. I was a slow walker. lol.

Casey 1, was all I saw. I didn't want to be arrested! Honestly, and this is a fairly stuck in the mud area.

Will I be arrested for looking at her vote! Couldn't help it. Being me! I always go to the back of the diagonal. But maybe the set up is different elsewhere.

In my station the guy said it was half the turnout for the referendum in May, was very slow. Looking like it's extremely low in rural areas.

Is a low turnout a good thing for Peter? I'm assuming so?

Because it's looking very low in certain areas.

Why would it be good for him?
    Going by this thread I would have thought everyone would be out voting for him, ' to send a message '

If young people come out to vote, the septuagenarian will win.

Really? Haven't thought about the 18-24 vote or similar before now so don't know what to think- what's your rationale? Is it that they "grew up" with that president? If so, might be bang on the money. Just curious as to how you came to that conclusion BTW, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Speak Now wrote: »
    My guess

Higgins 60%
    Casey 15%
    Ní Riada 12%
    Gallagher 8%
    Freeman 4%
    Duffy 1%

MDH 66%
    Ni Riada 8%
    Casey 11%
    Gallagher 10%
    Duffy 3%
    Freeman 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

bubblypop wrote: »
    Going by this thread I would have thought everyone would be out voting for him, ' to send a message '

A high turn out would be good for MDH, a low turnout would be good for PC. A super low turnout will leave things unpredictable.

• Advertisement

and as he says himself he writes a good speech

Ah sher, is there anything to be said for another good speech?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Casey odds shortening again in betting without mdh market. To 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    There was a rumour you were bringing a soapbox.:)
    There was a rumour you went to vote on a high horse and refused to get off it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

honeybear wrote: »
    My Dad is FF fanatic and supporting Gallagher

Im sorry for your troubles!

bubblypop wrote: »

Higgins supporters may think he has it in the bag he's so far ahead. I think Casey finishing 2nd will send a message, and maybe a low turnout will show the electorate are very dissatisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Speak Now wrote: »
    My guess

Higgins 60%
    Casey 15%
    Ní Riada 12%
    Gallagher 8%
    Freeman 4%
    Duffy 1%
    Id say that a decent guess. Higgins maybe a notch or two lower and Casey a notch or two higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

What's your message that accompanied that vote?

I'd say start here:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057920671/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Im sorry for your troubles!

Each to their own! Tbh, while I might not agree with FF policies, practices etc. I respect everyone’s individual right to vote as they see fit.

Not in my area anyway.

Well, ya know what? In my voting place, the voting booths where facing the invigilators. I had to position my body away from them- I thought the booths would have been away from everybody but no- probably a mistake and I should have called it out but since there was no-body else in the room when i was voting i managed to get by- but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

gmisk wrote: »
    There was a rumour you went to vote on a white high horse and refused to get off it :)

All true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement