Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I really hope it goes to a second count. That’s the exciting bit.
    What has to happen for it to go to a second count? I am guessing the person topping poll has to get a certain percentage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

I really hope it goes to a second count. That’s the exciting bit.

How much would Peter need to get a 2nd count?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't think you should have your back to the checkers. Should be that you go around the other side so all they can see is your legs. (Not YOUR legs Spanish Eyes, in particular, just "legs" in general. :p
    Not that anything is wrong with your legs.

Not that i've ever seen your legs.

I'll stop now.:o

Ah you're grand. Hilarious. Which is what we need right now too. :P

I have no idea how it works. I just think it would be exciting.

Francie, what percentages would we be talking about to get to a second count?

Some kind poster said yesterday that if MDH achieves 50% + one vote that he is elected, and there would be no information available about preferences after that.

Is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I've been wrong before, but I think Higgins would need to fail to reach 50% of the turnout in the first count!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

How much would Peter need to get a 2nd count?

Less than 50% , means 2nd count.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Even if the first prefs are close can see mdh being a lot more transfer friendly than Casey

So any psychologists in the house this evening? What about the "recency effect"?

So much is known now about elections that it's more like a well honed supermarket selling its goods isle to isle than it is about any "issues" of the day. It's all in the data analytics, sound bytes etc- that's where elections appear to be won now.

If Peter Casey has cracked that nut, then it will be close. But hopefully, Irish electorate will see through the pizzazz - we'll know soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Just back from voting. I am SO curious to see how this will go

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

I think I just saw Gavin Duffy on the news dropping his voting slip into what looked like a shredder.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Of course Higgins wouldn't. Pure as the driven snow.

Well he does have white hair. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Same as any election count, if he doesn't reach the quota on 1st count the lowest vote is eliminated and the transfers allotted and so on until the quota 50% is reached.

I have only just realised doh, that PC = Peter Casey. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,851 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

2.5 hours to the verdict. I know it is an exit poll but they were amazingly accurate in recent votes.

We know Casey will not be elected. But hopefully his vote will hold up and send a signal.

I'm a bit wary TBH. As in, hoping we are not living in a little bubble of the internet here.

Anyway, we shall see.

We are living in a little bubble of the internet. There has never been an accurate Boards poll on anything.

Where else would you see a dyed-in-the-wool republican (but not SF voter or member) voting for a man who has condemned the IRA many times?

I think I just saw Gavin Duffy on the news dropping his voting slip into what looked like a shredder.

Like Banksy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

The irony of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Like Banksy.
    More like wanksy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What Casey voters/supporters have to worry about is that a high turnout would indicate 'high levels of political mobilization'.

What Higgins voters/supporters need to be kinda worried about is that a low turnout can mean voter apathy for the incumbent. The polls would not indicate that he has lost support though. So it is a niggle rather than a worry.

Personally would have thought we would have had a higher brisker turnout being reported if Casey had momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Some kind poster said yesterday that if MDH achieves 50% + one vote that he is elected, and there would be no information available about preferences after that.

Is that true?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Back from voting....Casey.

Message from me is enough for enough.

It's time for someone to be honest and speak out about what is really happening in this country.

I want the Govt. to sit up and take notice that the people are fed up with the entitlement culture that's taken over in Ireland.

The press have a lot to answer for, given they push the 'homeless" Margaret Cash, Erica Forever free home Fleming and their ilk.

Peter Casey is like the boy who declared that the Emperor has no clothes on.

• Advertisement

Did Erica Fleming ever get that apartment in Clontarf or what happened there. I seem to recall her saying it wasn't good enough for her.

Off to the AH confessional with ya :p

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056838009&page=324

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Yep

FOI incoming so :P

What Higgins voters/supporters need to be kinda worried about is that a low turnout can mean voter apathy for the incumbent. The polls would not indicate that he has lost support though. So it is a niggle rather than a worry.

No. Low turnout means dedicated voters, and that will mostly mean older generation and that will mean Higgins.

Can someone repost this URL properly. Very worrying stuff if true a working polling clerk urging people to vote to stop Peter Casey. Tweet and her profile since deleted, warrants an investigation IMO. Doesn't surprise me to see these underhanded tactics from some of these lowlifes.

twitter.com/EmmaMurphy12150/status/1055908517402566658

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Did Erica Fleming ever get that apartment in Clontarf or what happened there. I seem to recall her saying it wasn't good enough for her.

She got her forever home.

One hour to go for the Exit Poll.

Stay awake now!

Can someone repost this URL properly. Very worrying stuff if true a working polling clerk urging people to vote to stop Peter Casey. Tweet and her profile since deleted, warrants an investigation IMO. Doesn't surprise me to see these underhanded tactics from some of these lowlifes.

twitter.com/EmmaMurphy12150/status/1055908517402566658

I tried, but it ain't working for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

That’s the last election that clerk will work, will be booted off the panel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement