Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

So are we allowed post our pictures of Muhammad and Allah now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

You earn 80K?

Well pardon me. :o

*bows reverently*

Gross....its just under 50k net.

Same as Ms. Cash.

Only difference is I've 30 years of work behind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The really sad reality is that if you gave people a choice whether to live beside travellers or live beside a nuclear plant most people would choose the nuclear plant.

Isnt that a terrible indictment how much negative effect these people have on the rest of society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Higgins is such dross intellectually.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Enlighten us with the real story.

What 'real' story? They didn't get anything extra under SEMS. Casey claimed it made them more equal than the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

You live in a society - a community. I have avoided saying this in this thread - under severe duress - but short of a wiping this community out, we have to find ways as a society to solve the problems presented.
    And to solve the problems we need to know why those problems exist.

And that means the settled community has to look very critically at itself as well as the traveller community.

Sensible and rational fair comment.

tretorn wrote: »
    The really sad reality is that if you gave people a choice whether to live beside travellers or live beside a nuclear plant most people would choose the nuclear plant.

Isnt that a terrible indictment how much negative effect these people have on the rest of society.

Have you any stats to back that up tretorn? We have loads and loads of people living beside halting sites (I'm 300 yards from one) but no nuclear plants on this island.

I will await breathlessly for your stats.

You live in a society - a community. I have avoided saying this in this thread - under severe duress - but short of a wiping this community out, we have to find ways as a society to solve the problems presented.

And that means the settled community has to look very critically at itself as well as the traveller community.

I dont have to look critically at myself.

I had no input into refusing a beautiful new house because I wanted to put horses in the back garden. I dont want travellers living anywhere near me in case they put caravans and horses and vicious dogs in the back garden. This will devalue my house so much no one will buy it off me and my life will be an utter misery.

Please dont call me a settled person either, I am just a normal functioning member of society.

Nobody and I mean nobody wants halting sites in their community, they dont want travellers in their housing estates either. How do I know this, I only have to look at how little money is spent on halting sites, there is no progress whatsoever in providing this specific type accommodation because of the strength of opposition against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The Tipp story was bollixs to begin with. The travellers there are not getting what they want or any special treatment. QED for the slow learners who think SEMS brings extra rights. (hope you are reading this Peter)

Bulls**t, they are getting purpose built houses at a cost of €300k each. No other housing applicant is getting this + each house has a massive garden and they still want stables and land?
    They may or may not get the land and stables but they are certainly getting "special treatment"

Oh and BTW, one of your own is the main cheerleader calling for them to move into the houses. Who would have thought eh?

tretorn wrote: »

Sorry the travellers or you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Have you any stats to back that up tretorn? We have loads and loads of people living beside halting sites (I'm 300 yards from one) but no nuclear plants on this island.

I will await breathlessly for your stats.

Ho ho, we'll send them all up your way and you'll have to get a few former Ra lads to clear them Francie boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

What do you think it is that the settled community are doing wrong?

What were the projections in the Blasphemy ref?

anewme wrote: »
    Gross....its just under 50k net.

Same as Ms. Cash.

Only difference is I've 30 years of work behind me.

So, you have mortgage paid off, kids raised maybe- you're comfortable?

Or, you're in negative equity, lost income ability?

Or, somewhere in-between.

Either way, what's your point? Some people need help to do what they want to do in life, just like some presidential candidates did, and some don't, just like eh, Peter Casey?

Still not getting your point.

Jackman25 wrote: »
    What do you think it is that the settled community are doing wrong?

Read a few pages here and you'll get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

robp wrote: »
    Ah you can criticise him on a number of areas but come on.
    Casey of course is the true intellectual of our time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

robp wrote: »

Go back to the pub.

emo72 wrote: »
    So are we allowed post our pictures of Muhammad and Allah now?

Not until it is actually gone from the constitution I’d say, plus the 2009 Defamation Act may need to be looked at too, in particular section 36 which deals with blasphemous matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How much did you win Johnny?

As it stands... 650 (that includes my stake) . So 530.

Thats going towards an already booked (and well earned) holiday, for us.

Happy out.

Has anyone managed to come up with anything positive about the traveller lifestyle, I mean can someone explain what was behind the decision to give them ethnic status.

And, No, I already know about the Im leaving my nancyo Fureys, there must be something else I am missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

elperello wrote: »

I don't know about an exam for voters though :)

I know, I shouldn't even think it but sometimes... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The Right is a spectrum just like the Left.
    FF/FG are centre- right.

weve jsut had the biggest left wing budget in years. to call FF/FG even remotely right, is laughable.

they are and always will be, left wing parties. as are all in this country. tonights results wont change them, it would need a new party to bring about change, but it may never happen.

gmisk wrote: »
    Casey of course is the true intellectual of our time..

I'd love if Casey composed a poem.....

....dedicated to his mother.:)

:P:P:P:P:P:P

Eh- and if you're reading this Casey boy, don't ever do the "Crocodile Tears sh1te again " - just won't work second time round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

I seen some guy on twitter blaming "boggers" for Caseys high vote. Yes I'm sure he did get a high rural vote for good reason. But I'm sure plenty of Dubs voted for him too. People were saying taxi drivers were talking about voting for Casey.

Also if anyone remembers Josepha Madigan a FGer in D4 objected to building traveller accommodation in South Dublin and was attacked as racist etc. But she had a lot of support locally. So it's not just boggers/culchies voting Casey.

It just goes to show you how deluded those twits who work with travellers are and its galling to think taxpayers are funding this nonsense.

The arrogance of a crowd of career criminals getting themselves an exclusive status of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Pretty disappointed at the numbers coming out tonight to be honest.

Peter Casey could have said that people need more services and less cash benefits and we as a society should work towards that and he as President would be proud to sign such bills into law. He didn't, he lazily attacked so called scroungers.

He could have said we need to work with our Travelling Community and heal the wounds that exist between them and the settled community and he would be proud as president to lead. Instead he stuck the knife in, pulled the wound right open a emboldened others to follow suit.

He blurted out any line he thought might win him a vote. He made accusations against other candidates he simply could never have backed up.

And one in five voters fell for some element of it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Azatadine wrote: »
    You are wrong. 21% is a significant vote. It certainly is not a rejection. Remember that he was at 1 or 2% until he started talking truths about travellers.

He knows it is, he's just seething and still as arrogant as ever to go with it. This, despite the fact his man took it on the first count. Why does he care so much? I'll tell you why. It's because he's rattled.

I seen some guy on twitter blaming "boggers" for Caseys high vote. Yes I'm sure he did get a high rural vote for good reason. But I'm sure plenty of Dubs voted for him too. People were saying taxi drivers were talking about voting for Casey.

Also if anyone remembers Josepha Madigan a FGer in D4 objected to building traveller accommodation in South Dublin and was attacked as racist etc. But she had a lot of support locally. So it's not just boggers/culchies voting Casey.

What about "Rednecks" - any "word" on those?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I think it`s more that Trump in particular is moving that way rather than the Republican party per se.

I think there are aspects within the GOP who are happy to go along with it but having said that my Trump voting Republican cousins in the U.S (who were all delighted when he won) are now commenting they're very not happy with where he is taking either the country or party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Looking like Casey got a solid 20% of the vote. It’s a start. Now hopefully like minded people can form a party to facilitate the voters who support Casey. With enough support a coalition govt is not unfathomable. Hopefully then Casey and Co. can start lashing into the parasites and scum taking the piss out of the rest of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement