Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

anewme wrote: »
    Surely that's their own decision?

We are all adults.

Once you can provide for them personally , it's no one else's business.

So, you're in favour of doing away with the Universal children's allowance.

Grand. Thanks for clarifying that. Should go down really well in the next general election :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So, you're in favour of doing away with the Universal children's allowance.

Grand. Thanks for clarifying that. Should go down really well in the next general election :)

Well, we don't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Try_harder wrote: »
    And if you cannot? Do we let the children starve?

The answer is obvious?

personal responsibility and accountability.

If you can't afford seven children, then dont have seven children.

In relation to MS. cash, If you've 10k cash accumulated on social welfare, then
    (A) You are not homeless
    (B) social welfare is paying too much (clearly if it's the equivalent if 80k working wage)

That question needs to be directed to Ms. Cash, surely? Only she can answer why she has seven children with no way to provide for them.

The result is quite simply as you see tonight:

A candidate anticipating 2% of votes gets 10 times that, on account of being direct in confronting spongers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The answer is obvious?

If you can't afford seven children, then dont have seven children.

(A) You are not homeless
    (B) social welfare is paying too much (clearly if it's the equivalent if 80k working wage)

That question needs to be directed to Ms. Cash, surely? Only she can answer why she has seven children with no way to provide for them.

The result is quite simply as you see tonight:

A candidate anticipating 2% of votes gets 10 times that, on account of being direct in confronting spongers.

You said they shouldnt have them - what should happen then? Any chance you would answer the question?

(A) You are not homeless

Sorry now, but you've completely lost me. How is 10K cash equivalent to 80K gross salary?

I need to go to bed now but perhaps you might most a detailed explanation around how you came up with that calculation, at some point over the next 24 hours.

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

464710.png

This is a symptom of the problem.

There is a segment of society in Ireland who make most of the decisions and form most of the opinions (they try anyway). These people mostly live in a bubble and have no idea of what ordinary working people in their city and the majority of people outside their city have to deal with.

The bubble people's Ireland exists mainly inside the bubble only.They know more about people in places such as Africa and India than they do about Irish people outside their bubble. The only Ireland they have experienced outside their bubble are rural towns that host festivals which they attend and their holiday homes on the coast.

Their only experience of real rural Ireland is shouting at "rednecks" on the tv/iPhone screen. They wail about the plight of refugees abroad while ignoring the poverty and homelessness in their own city. They talk fearfully about "the dangerous rise of populism" and Casey's 21% in the presidential election will keep then chattering for days. They do not understand the concept of a couple commuting and working yet coming out with less in their hand than a couple who have never worked a day in their lives.

Most of their opinions come from international media and global SJW icons (some homegrown). They haven't a clue about the life of an ordinary person in Ireland

I think most people who voted for Casey knew that even if he did get elected he would not be able to do anything. That was not the point. The point was to take a rare opportunity to hit back at the estsblishment and to tell those who commanded us to vote a certain way where to stick their orders. A vote for Casey was a protest vote.

The sad thing is that there are very few other ways of protesting. Marching is out when you work every hour the gods send for money to feed your family after taxes and bills have been paid.

Some might say why don't those people quit working and go on the dole if it's so good. Maybe they don't because they have a work ethic. Also someone who is new to benefits because of redundancy will not get as much in benefits as someone who has never worked. This is the opposite of some other countries where your jobseekers' allowance is proportional to your contributions and starts high but diminishes as time goes on. This is policy to encourage working. Ireland's policy actively discourages it except for the very highest earners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

You said they shouldnt have them - what should happen then? Any chance you would answer the question?

I think that's a question for Ms Cash and the Father of her children?

It's called personal responsibility.

I think that's a question for Ms Cash and the Father of her children?

It's called personal responsibility.

No, you said they should not have them, what is your solution? How do you police it? What do you do with the children? What are the earning figures before you are allowed have a child?

Emme wrote: »

There is a segment of society in Ireland who make most of the decisions and form most of the opinions (they try anyway). These people mostly live in a bubble and have no idea of what ordinary working people in their city and the majority of people outside their city have to deal with.

The bubble people's Ireland exists mainly inside the bubble only.They know more about people in places such as Africa and India than they do about Irish people outside their bubble. The only Ireland they have experienced outside their bubble are rural towns that host festivals which they attend and their holiday homes on the coast.

Their only experience of real rural Ireland is shouting at "rednecks" on the tv/iPhone screen. They wail about the plight of refugees abroad while ignoring the poverty and homelessness in their own city. They talk fearfully about "the dangerous rise of populism" and Casey's 21% in the presidential election will keep then chattering for days. They do not understand the concept of a couple commuting and working yet coming out with less in their hand than a couple who have never worked a day in their lives.

Most of their opinions come from international media and global SJW icons (some homegrown). They haven't a clue about the life of an ordinary person in Ireland

I think most people who voted for Casey knew that even if he did get elected he would not be able to do anything. That was not the point. The point was to take a rare opportunity to hit back at the estsblishment and to tell those who commanded us to vote a certain way where to stick their orders. A vote for Casey was a protest vote.

The sad thing is that there are very few other ways of protesting. Marching is out when you work every hour the gods send for money to feed your family after taxes and bills have been paid.

I commute over 200km a day. Am I wrong for not blaming travellers for that? Who made it that people work so many unpaid hours - who made that acceptable? When are we going to sit back and realise we are being sold a pup re - trickle down economics? Hard work doesnt equate with monetary reward. Not all rich people worked hard for their money. Buying and selling rezoned land for millions isnt hard work - its exploitation.

If you work this unpaid role I was told it will look good on your cv at promotion time, my mental health will suffer I replied and I wouldnt be considered is the reality. We need to step back and see who is really exploiting us- its not the travelling community.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How much should people earn before they are allowed have children?

If it drops below a certain level do we take the children off them?

How about this one.
    Don't have 7 children if you've never worked a day in your life and never intend to. Obviously things can happen and people end up having an unplanned child or two. That's grand. That's understandable. No issue there. When you have 7 kids by the age of 28 and never once have done a lick of honest work and have only engaged in take take take, that's a fcuking lifestyle choice.

• Advertisement

We need to step back and see who is really exploiting us- its not the travelling community.

Casey also mentioned working people who are taxed for everything and get nothing in return . This would have chimed with most of his voters. A small minority (many of these farmers and rural business owners who have been the victims of crime over and over again) might have agreed with the Traveller speech.

Most of us have nothing against Travellers. Margaret Cash exposed a faulty economic policy but a settled woman with a husband in jail and 7 children could have done the same.

People are fed up with policies that denude rural Ireland of vital services and actively discourage work in favour of claiming benefits if you aren't going to earn a huge salary of say 90K working. Very few people earn that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The answer is obvious?

Some poeple don't have those qualities in their repertoire. They don't need them though because there's always an apologist or two ready to excuse them right around the corner.

Some might say why don't those people quit working and go on the dole if it's so good. Maybe they don't because they have a work ethic. Also someone who is new to benefits because of redundancy will not get as much in benefits as someone who has never worked. This is the opposite of some other countries where your jobseekers' allowance is proportional to your contributions and starts high but diminishes as time goes on. This is policy to encourage working. Ireland's policy actively discourages it except for the very highest earners.

You got all of that from “Hey Peter, you’re an asshole”? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Be interesting to see where this goes from the looks on social media some aren't taking it for granted but allot of the liberal NPCs going a little feral and being abusive.

I hope this is a start to turning the tide on their group think and general extermination protocol when someone doesn't agree with them.

All the abuse at people who voted for Casey is great as it sows allot more discourse.

Omackeral wrote: »
    How about this one.
    Don't have 7 children if you've never worked a day in your life and never intend to. Obviously things can happen and people end up having an unplanned child or two. That's grand. That's understandable. No issue there. When you have 7 kids by the age of 28 and never once have done a lick of honest work and have only engaged in take take take, that's a fcuking lifestyle choice.

And what is your solution- how do you police that?

Surprisingly enough most of the virtue signalling aslf righteous NPCs on the left are easy enough to read.

Their tactics are all the same, if you look at the tweet you can see all the back slapping from like minded people on the right side of history.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Be interesting to see where this goes from the looks on social media some aren't taking it for granted but allot of the liberal NPCs going a little feral and being abusive.

I hope this is a start to turning the tide on their group think and general extermination protocol when someone doesn't agree with them.

All the abuse at people who voted for Casey is great as it sows allot more discourse.

The only abusive people I see here on this thread have been Casey voters.

Surprisingly enough most of the virtue signalling aslf righteous NPCs on the left are easy enough to read.

Their tactics are all the same, if you look at the tweet you can see all the back slapping from like minded people on the right side of history.

Sorry I don’t “tweet”- I can discuss stuff here though but using more characters than the average Casey voter.

No. I got it from working all my life, moving out of the city to a rural area because that was what I could afford and seeing how neighbours have to live and also farmers and business people in the community.

The only abusive people I see here on this thread have been Casey voters.
    Obviously as you see no evil hear no evil as long as someone is agreeing with your point of view.

That's how NPCs work, only programmed to identify and attack thinga what do not conform to acceptable speech.

• Advertisement

No. I got it from working all my life, moving out of the city to a rural area because that was what I could afford and seeing how neighbours have to live and also farmers and business people in the community.

Don’t worry. Peter Casey will solve all your problems. You just wait and see! Go Peter!

Obviously as you see no evil hear no evil as long as someone is agreeing with your point of view.

That's how NPCs work, only programmed to identify and attack thinga what do not conform to acceptable speech.

Actually, most people tonight have disagreed with my view, doesn’t bother me, so why should it bother you?

Sorry I don’t “tweet”- I can discuss stuff here though but using more characters than the average Casey voter.

Well allot of the mudslinging is happening on Twitter, did they not program you to use all social media? Thats normally where people like you thrive.

Don’t worry. Peter Casey will solve all your problems. You just wait and see! Go Peter!

Clearly you did not read my full post. Let me reiterate. I said Casey would have had no power if he was voted to the Áras. The reason people voted for him was that his policy statements on working people and rural crime resonated with them. Issues that are ignored by the present government in favour of closing rural garda stations and perpetuating a system that discourages people from working.

Well allot of the mudslinging is happening on Twitter, did they not program you to use all social media? Thats normally where people like you thrive.

No, I’m twitterless. Sorry. I do feel inadequate now :o

Clearly you did not read my full post. Let me reiterate. I said Casey would have had no power if he was voted to the Áras. The reason people voted for him was that his policy statements on working people and rural crime resonated with them. Issues that are ignored by the present government in favour of closing rural garda stations and perpetuating a system that discourages people from working.

But the economy is near full employment? So how do you figure that?

No, I’m twitterless. Sorry. I do feel inadequate now :o

You should create one, then you could circle jerk like crazy and block anyone you didn't agree with.

You wouldn't have to have arguments unless it was a rant against the plebs who thought wrong.

You should create one, then you could circle jerk like crazy and block anyone you didn't agree with.

You wouldn't have to have arguments unless it was a rant against the plebs who thought wrong.

I wouldn’t dare call someone a “pleb”

But the economy is near full employment? So how do you figure that?

If the economy is near full employment why are so many able bodied people not working or refusing work?

Here's some more questions for you.

Why does paid work not support the necessities of life for many despite careful budgeting?

What good is near full employment when a family on benefits can come out better financially than a family working full time for the average industrial wage?

Please answer the questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I gave Casey my number 2. Micky D number one as he will represent us best but Casey was the only man to tell the truth so I hope he gets his money back at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement