Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

IngazZagni wrote: »
    I gave Casey my number 2. Micky D number one as he will represent us best but Casey was the only man to tell the truth so I hope he gets his money back at least.

You do realise that you still voted for Michael D and not Peter Casey?

Michael D is most likely going to get quota on Count 1 so your vote has gone to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Delighted so many voters vote Casey , to go from 1% to 21% in a fortnight is unheard of in any presenditial election worldwide .
    It shows how big a problem for so many people traveller crime has become . The government and Dublin media would want to step out of their bubble and see the reality of traveller crime that law abiding people have to endure on a daily basis .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

murpho999 wrote: »
    You do realise that you still voted for Michael D and not Peter Casey?

Michael D is most likely going to get quota on Count 1 so your vote has gone to him.

Of course I do. Michael D will be the best representative of this country despite the fact he's a liar.
    Casey was the only person to get another vote from me. Only because he can tell the truth. Whether or not my second vote will count is irrelevant in that context.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

hurler32 wrote: »
    Delighted so many voters vote Casey , to go from 1% to 21% in a fortnight is unheard of in any presenditial election worldwide .
    It shows how big a problem for so many people traveller crime has become . The government and Dublin media would want to step out of their bubble and see the reality of traveller crime that law abiding people have to endure on a daily basis .

He rounded up the bigots, all together you make up 21%. You can't build on that, this isn't a stepping stone to something more you have one move and that was it.

If you took MDH out of the race do the bigots honestly think that Casey would've got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

He rounded up the bigots, all together you make up 21%. You can't build on that, this isn't a stepping stone to something more you have one move and that was it.

If you took MDH out of the race do the bigots honestly think that Casey would've got in.

Oh pipe down. The presidency is not about policy decisions. It's about who best represents the Country. He didn't get my number 1 as he's not a great speaker. He can tell truthful things however. I've only heard legitimate concerns from him. No bigotry whatsoever. If some right wing nutjobs want to join a bandwaggen then that's a separate issue.

• Advertisement

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Oh pipe down. The presidency is not about policy decisions. It's about who best represents the Country. He didn't get my number 1 as he's not a great speaker. He can tell truthful things however. I've only heard legitimate concerns from him. No bigotry whatsoever. If some right wing nutjobs want to join a bandwaggen then that's a separate issue.

So you honestly believe if Casey had been polling where Higgins was he would've gone down this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He rounded up the bigots, all together you make up 21%

Yeah you should really shut the hell up because you're talking crap. What do you say to all the Casey voters that voted YES to SSM. That voted to give women choice with the 8th? Bigots tend to be misandrists and/or homophobes do they not? Give over. Embarrassing from you. It's YOU, your ilk that drive people further and further right, make no bones about it. ''You have a different view to me, you're a bigot.'' Mortified for you. Utterly pathetic post, pathetic.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yeah you should really shut the hell up because you're talking crap. What do you say to all the Casey voters that voted YES to SSM. That voted to give women choice with the 8th? Bigots tend to be misandrists and/or homophobes do they not? Give over. Embarrassing from you. It's YOU, your ilk that drive people further and further right, make no bones about it. ''You have a different view to me, you're a bigot.'' Mortified for you. Utterly pathetic post, pathetic.

yeah I keep hearing this, but i'm not sure if that's possible.

Remember in everyday life how freely and openly people say the most racist and bigoted things.
    Just because it's not acceptable to say these things on t.v or because this site is moderated doesn't mean this people have gone away. Racist and bigots do actually exist, right!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He rounded up the bigots, all together you make up 21%.

Have you an answer to this?
    What do you say to all the Casey voters that voted YES to SSM? That voted to give women choice with the 8th? Bigots tend to be misandrists and/or homophobes do they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

yeah I keep hearing this, but i'm not sure if that's possible.

Remember in everyday life how freely and openly people say the most racist and bigoted things.
    Just because it's not acceptable to say these things on t.v or because this site is moderated doesn't mean this people have gone away. Racist and bigots do actually exist, right!

You do realise you are being a bigot by categorising an entire group, in this case Casey voters, as a homogeneous group to be despised.
    It’s no wonder the left everywhere is crumbling.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see what constituency gives Peter Casey the biggest vote , hard to predict seen as most parts of rural Ireland are all hugely impacted by traveller crime . If it was a general election he would be elected in practically every constituency. Shows how big s problem traveller crime is .
    One of the South Dublin constituency’s where they all live in their palatial mansions and have been brainwashed by the Irish Indo etc will be lowest vote but even they are starting to come on the traveller gangs radar so still be high enough .

No bigots just people fed up of having our properties robbed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I fall into that very camp actually i.e. voted yes to both those referenda and number 1 for Peter Casey.

Maybe, just maybe we might start to see a little more balance in Irish politics in the future. It's really being a case of voting for different shades of the same colour for years.

I don't want people to starve to death but we really need to take a look at our social welfare system and be a little bit more economically conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I thought the media screwed Casey last weekend with "latest poll" news bulletins. It may have taken the wind out of his sails a little and certainly stopped the news of a massive rating boost by Casey in the space of a week. But why did most of the media outlets run the phoney poll story? And how was it across the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Sorry I don’t “tweet”- I can discuss stuff here though but using more characters than the average Casey voter.

Oh yes because of course you believe all Casey voters must be knuckle dragging Neanderthals with a primary school education. Nobody with a PhD could be a Casey voter, could they?

The liberals have become bigots who throw about labels without understanding what they mean.

A bigot is someone who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

That perfectly describes posters who label those who voted differently to them as uneducated, racist, backward.

It is lazy, it is hypocritical, it is intolerant and it shows how shallow your liberalism really is.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Have you an answer to this?

I'm only pointing out the truth.

It not just me who thinks this, it's Casey and his team around him.

How do you honestly think this played out?

-poll numbers came in

- Casey sees he's polling last

-He gets angry probably ripps into members of his campaign team," Im not a efing loser ... I'm be damed, if I'm gonna be beaten by the other dragons..." his type are all that kinda ego stuff.

- member of his campaign team or someone close to casey comes up with a bright idea which is

-"what about all the racist and bigots, their always looking for someone to vote for look at Trump. You need to say something that you can defend yet is a clear dogwhistle to the racist"

- Casey;"best idea I've heard all day tell me more about these racist people... who should we attack..."

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    You do realise you are being a bigot by categorising an entire group, in this case Casey voters, as a homogeneous group to be despised.
    It’s no wonder the left everywhere is crumbling.

I hadn't heard
    I'm not into all that left / right thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I'm only pointing out the truth.

It not just me who thinks this, it's Casey and his team around him.

How do you honestly think this played out?

-poll numbers came in

- Casey sees he's polling last

-He gets angry probably ripps into members of his campaign team," Im not a efing loser ... I'm be damed, if I'm gonna be beaten by the other dragons..." his type are all that kinda ego stuff.

- member of his campaign team or someone close to casey comes up with a bright idea which is

-"what about all the racist and bigots, their always looking for someone to vote for look at Trump. You need to say something that you can defend yet is a clear dogwhistle to the racist"

- Casey;"best idea I've heard all day tell me more about these racist people... who should we attack..."

But he was asked in an interview about his views on the houses and stables situation.

He didn’t bring it up and replied in a shocked kind of way.

It doesn’t look pre planned but he was shocked by the reaction and ran with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Can someone give me a summary of Casey's policies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I hope there is at least a tally of second preference votes released soon after this.
    There is a story to be told here I think and I'd say political party's would like to know what way the wind is blowng on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

So in the end fewer than 9% of those eligible to vote were willing to endorse a racist bigot.
    That's a good day for democracy and shows that the overwhelming majority of Irish voters reject this right wing pro trump blow in.
    Hopefully he will now **** off back to the USA or UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What do you say to all the Casey voters that voted YES to SSM. That voted to give women choice with the 8th? Bigots tend to be misandrists and/or homophobes do they not?

For the pious 'progressives' hell-bent on characterizing Casey voters as bigots, that reality just does not compute. They can't accept that there are people who could support legalized abortion and gay marriage, but also believe that government pandering to Travellers and lifelong social welfare dependents has become a joke.

The Margaret Cash and Tipperary housing scandals have pushed people to breaking point. Providing free houses with acres of land and stables to people who have never lifted a finger to contribute to society? Watching a woman with seven kids she can't support pull a publicity stunt to get a free house in Dublin -- all while normal working people are taxed to the point where they can't afford houses and children of their own?

People are tired of being told that they should be providing things to others that they can't afford themselves. That's not 'bigotry'. It should be a basic tenet of society that working people get to have homes and kids of their own before they have to house welfare dependents and raise their children, but that is not the reality in Ireland of 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Can someone give me a summary of Casey's policies?
    Election is over , pointless question to be honest.

DChancer wrote:
    So in the end fewer than 9% of those eligible to vote were willing to endorse a racist bigot. That's a good day for democracy and shows that the overwhelming majority of Irish voters reject this right wing pro trump blow in. Hopefully he will now **** off back to the USA or UK.

Firstly how is suggesting everyone should be treated equally racist? Secondly I don't think you understand the meaning of bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

DChancer wrote: »
    So in the end fewer than 9% of those eligible to vote were willing to endorse a racist bigot.
    That's a good day for democracy and shows that the overwhelming majority of Irish voters reject this right wing pro trump blow in.
    Hopefully he will now **** off back to the USA or UK.

What did he say that was racist?

Election is over , pointless question to be honest.
    Well if this is something political parties should respond to they need to know the policies people found attractive.

Well if this is something political parties should respond to they need to know the policies people found attractive.

Leo can PM me .

Can anyone summarize Casey's policies?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Can anyone summarize Casey's policies?

Sure.

Make work pay.

• Advertisement

Sure.

Make work pay.
    When did he say that? And if you're not being paid for your work you're doing it wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement