Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    46% or the vote for Casey in Rathkeale where he topped the poll.

Thats a very telling stat on what the settled locals think.

Well now. Ain't that saying something. Wonder how the Traveller defending snowflakes will deal with that one.

Pavee Point mouthpiece Collind still defending their behaviour in his interviews and refusing to condemn any wrongdoing by saying "they are being picked on and discriminated against". They should start by sacking him. He's doing the Travellers a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

We were all laughing at the Americans. How stupid they must be to vote someone like Trump into office.

But all it takes is making a single what-the-silent-majority-thinks-but-can't-say statement - nothing terribly smart even - and large groups of people jump at the opportunity to stick it to 'the man'. Heard it being said a few times yesterday. 'I voted for you man cos I knew he won't get in but I wanted to.'

Not saying he's going to get elected, but that's how it can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

He said he is thirty five years promoting travellers rights and he knows Michael D will continue his inclusive policies for the next seven years.

I dont know about that but I definitely know the travellers will be continuing on the way they have been for the twenty five years Collins has been leading them.

Collins said he is getting his mandate from the travelling community, who is paying his salary, is it the travellers, laughing here typing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Didn't vote for him but in fairness President Higgins is more likely, than the other candidates, to provide us with something... a state funeral of a serving president.

And then we'll have the expense of a premature election... so to speak....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    And yet we still have a government that is neither right or left...

It'll take more than than a traveller argument to propel the country into a completely different political landscape.

There are a lot of people very angry about illegal immigration too and concerned about the future of Europe with huge numbers arriving from North Africa.

I suppose though if Casey got in we would have to pay him the huge salary and also pay Michael D the pension at the same time. Are Mary McAleese and Mary Robinson getting the presidential pension now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

We were all laughing at the Americans. How stupid they must be to vote someone like Trump into office.

But all it takes is making a single what-the-silent-majority-thinks-but-can't-say statement - nothing terribly smart even - and large groups of people jump at the opportunity to stick it to 'the man'. Heard it being said a few times yesterday. 'I voted for you man cos I knew he won't get in but I wanted to.'

Can we have screaming Sjw's roaring and whinging on the news if his is elected?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

tretorn wrote: »
    46% of the population of the town of Rathkeale voted for Peter Casey.!!!!!!!

How will Brexit work out for travellers claiming in both countries, will it affect this practice.

You're a dab hand at statistics it seems.

How ate you getting on with these ones?
    It’s an indication Irish politics is moving to thr right and indicating a large minority are hugely dissatisfied with the Government. The same movement is happening all over Europe.
    If Peter Casey had brought immigration into the race he would have got a huge vote from people living in urban areas with a large immigrant population. While the media wax lyrical and bring us micro stories about undocumented children the reality is immigrants are over represented in crime statistics too.There is no voice for people living in areas where large black gangs of teenagers roam, where entire schools have a black intake only because white children are travelling out of their area to school. The immigration system is a shambles but as with the travellers too many people are living off the fat of undocumented people so nothing will be done.
    If someone forms a right wing party they will get twenty per cent of the vote immediately, we only have to look at other European countries to see the future if our political leaders don’t take on the sacred cows.

Can you point us towards those statistics please?

Can you name the schools where the entire intake is black please?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ppl are just sick and tired of the govt pandering to the every whim of absolute scumbags and lazy bastards and of course the “holier than thou” travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

minikin wrote: »
    Didn't vote for him but in fairness President Higgins is more likely, than the other candidates, to provide us with something... a state funeral of a serving president.

I don't think that is fair. He is not the oldest president in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

minikin wrote: »

Do we get a day off if the President kicks the bucket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

46% of the population of the town of Rathkeale voted for Peter Casey.!!!!!!!

How will Brexit work out for travellers claiming in both countries, will it affect this practice.

You're a dab hand at statistics it seems.

How are you getting on with these ones?
    It’s an indication Irish politics is moving to thr right and indicating a large minority are hugely dissatisfied with the Government. The same movement is happening all over Europe.
    If Peter Casey had brought immigration into the race he would have got a huge vote from people living in urban areas with a large immigrant population. While the media wax lyrical and bring us micro stories about undocumented children the reality is immigrants are over represented in crime statistics too.There is no voice for people living in areas where large black gangs of teenagers roam, where entire schools have a black intake only because white children are travelling out of their area to school. The immigration system is a shambles but as with the travellers too many people are living off the fat of undocumented people so nothing will be done.
    If someone forms a right wing party they will get twenty per cent of the vote immediately, we only have to look at other European countries to see the future if our political leaders don’t take on the sacred cows.

Can you point us towards those statistics please?

Can you name the schools where the entire intake is black please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

markodaly wrote: »
    Apparently, Casey is doing better than even the exit polls are predicting. Will be interesting if MDH will get over the 50% and what the final count of the Casey vote is.

The media are as usual doing their bit to ramp things up about the Trump parallelism with Casey. Here is an idea, instead of calling those you disagree with racists, bigots, deplorable, hate-filled, all the time, perhaps listen to them instead of pontificating all the fecking time. There are genuine grievances out there that need to be addressed, not buried and ignored.

Then, people won't have to turn to the likes of Trump. It's really really that simple really.

This is a problem the "left" have totally made for themselves.
    Tony Blair was the start of it for me. Make sure everyone is part of a minority group and needs "support".
    Normal run of the mill people need to follow their rules or else they'll be classified as racist or xenophobic or a nazi because they might have a difference of opinion.
    For all their bleating of tolerance they are so quick to call anyone with a different opinion "intolerant".
    Casey struck a chord with his comments and I'd say a few of our politicians will have some difficult questions to answer when they come knocking on doors looking for votes at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

casey on 28% to 34% and as high as 49% in some towns outside of Dublin. averaging about 23%

the gap between MDH is 44% in DUBlin/urban areas but is 22% in the rest of the country.

Higgins was always getting elected but appears outside of Dublin, his support has dropped considerably in the last 10 days.

Ppl are just sick and tired of the govt pandering to the every whim of absolute scumbags and lazy bastards and of course the “holier than thou” travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Exactly.
    Worry not about Casey himself, rather that he is a stalking horse for the next election cycle. A surefire way to increase your vote.... promote division, pick on some group, travellers, foreigners, gays.... Casey has proved that the principle works here too. Look out for a spate of these candidates in the next election. Quite clever on one level, but very dangerous and cynical overall.

This champion for the ordinary taxpayer (who himself pays no taxes here) will now follow the dollar back to the USA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

He said he is thirty five years promoting travellers rights and he knows Michael D will continue his inclusive policies for the next seven years.

Read that statement as "normal service will resume" - No hard questions will be asked of the travellers, they will be allowed to portray themselves as the oppressed for another seven years, and most seriously nothing will change in their situation.

The core point of the Travellers story is that it is a self fulfilling prophecy that if you have a family with 10+ kids and send none of them to education, in twenty years you will have 10+ adults on the dole. What has Martin Collins do to improve levels of Traveller education in his thirty five years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

Where are all the shinner mouths this morning ?

You know, the ones who demanded and were responsible for this election.

Actually, it's a relief not to have to listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

In fairness he mentioned broadband. 20 megs will do ya according to tech savvy Peter. As useful as these if your business relies on bb to function.

tincantelephone_7099.jpg

My mistake.

Yes, Peter did mention broadbandish.

anewme wrote: »
    The one common denominator here in people saying they voted for Casey is people saying they worked hard for what they have.

That's very telling overall.

Are you implying the people who didn't vote for Casey haven't worked hard for what they got? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Very sinister leap in support for Casey. Whatever you feel about him personally, there's no question that this kind of politics of hate used to engineer Brexit and get Trump elected is seeing results here now as well

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Very sinister leap in support for Casey. Whatever you feel about him personally, there's no question that this kind of politics of hate used to engineer Brexit and get Trump elected is seeing results here now as well

What a load of cobblers.

Casey is just pointing out common sense that resonates with Ppl

BadTurtle wrote: »

I'm guessing you've had Newstalk going in to your ears this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Exactly.
    Worry not about Casey himself, rather that he is a stalking horse for the next election cycle. A surefire way to increase your vote.... promote division, pick on some group, travellers, foreigners, gays.... Casey has proved that the principle works here too. Look out for a spate of these candidates in the next election. Quite clever on one level, but very dangerous and cynical overall.

This champion for the ordinary taxpayer (who himself pays no taxes here) will now follow the dollar back to the USA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Does this mean another 7 years where the president does not have an Irish breed dog? Disgraceful, but at least Casey addressed this serious issue and brought it to the attention of the people....

markodaly wrote: »
    Agree, but do you propose to sack the 20,000 odd thousand wasters working in the HSE and willing to pay more tax for it?

There is plenty of money in the country, its just given out like candy to win votes, like the Christmans bonus or Children's allowance.

We as a nation spend our resources in a vote-getting centric way, not a service led way.
    That is on us, as a nation. If someone is brave enough to point this out in the media, they get castigated as 'hating the poor' by the usual cretins in the media.

A classic example, Margaret Cash, tax-free income of over €50,000 yet demands a house for her kids.

Everyone talks about rights these days, yet no one talks about responsibility. It is not the states fault that she was taken out of school at 12 by her parents, she was married off at 15 and has 7 kids to support and that her and her husband are regularly in the courts for criminal behavior.

But but... racism or some other such nonsense is bandied about as a lazy persons retort to any complex argument.

So, yes we would like a NHS style health system, but are you willing to take a long hard look at 'the state books' so to speak and back measures to stop the awful spending habits we have as a nation? I doubt it!!

I guess you want your cake and eat it.

I was going to give a considered response but then I got to the rant about Margaret Cash so... yeah... one woman brought the country to it's knees because she is the only woman ever to have 7 children and rely on S.W...apparently.

I have no interest in either defending or denouncing Margaret Cash. There is already a whole thread for that. I don't go in there and I ain't going into it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Can we have screaming Sjw's roaring and whinging on the news if his is elected?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus there's a lot of posters hurting today.
    Well done Casey.

Gavin Duffy on with Pat kenny now. I feel a bit sorry for Duffy, he seems like a nice guy. But he just came across as very false. He looked and sounded like he was acting.

Saying that he conducted himself with dignity as opposed to Peter Casey. He didn't answer the straight question about the Travellers. Imagine Gavin opening a new business, he arrives on Monday morning and finds fifteen caravans in his car park. You're telling me he wouldn't be furious? People just did not believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

casey on 28% to 34% and as high as 49% in some towns outside of Dublin. averaging about 23%

the gap between MDH is 44% in DUBlin/urban areas but is 22% in the rest of the country.

Higgins was always getting elected but appears outside of Dublin, his support has dropped considerably in the last 10 days.

These are the areas most likely to be visited by the ethnic group in question .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

Casey as low as 10% in some Dublin counts. Pity but not surprising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement