Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

(Has Margaret made a statement on the Tipp lads? Shes usually très au courant and quick to highlight boarded up houses)

I'm sure if she does someone will post it up here.

I wouldn't have a clue, nor care, what she thinks about any issue if it wasn't for her fanclub on boards discussing her every utterance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dav3 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how many imbeciles actually vote for him.

Funny, exact same rhetoric was used in another thread were a poster called anyone and everyone who voted for Trump a retard. That's literally millions of people exercising their democratic votes. Retards they were called. Don't agree with me, you're a mentally impaired individual. That's what you and your ilk have amounted to saying lately. Guess what? The wheels are coming off and people are only gonna take so much until someone just says ''FUCK IT'' and calls it like it is. Like this guy has. I hope there's a sh*t-tonne more to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

rafatoni wrote: »
    auld maggie has gone offline since she was caught robbing 300 quids worth from pennys. Havent heard a whisper about her.

Ah heor
    Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'm sure if she does someone will post it up here.

I wouldn't have a clue, nor care, what she thinks about any issue if it wasn't for her fanclub on boards discussing her every utterance.

To which you're obliged to comment?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Casey has no hope of getting near Higgins but if hes tempted to run in the next election , well He may have a sniff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

it's not ultimately, but it's better then using a knife or gun.

Unfortunately they seem quite happy with knives and guns as well.
    Slash hooks, baseball bats etc being brought to funerals by the "holiest" sections of our community.
    And you wonder why people are wary of them or feel downright intimidated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Am I correct in saying tonights debate will not be live online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Omackeral wrote: »
    Funny, exact same rhetoric was used in another thread were a poster called anyone and everyone who voted for Trump a retard.

Ah yes, the dreaded pseudo intellectuals who parrot every talking point they here and can't think critically. Their name calling has wore thin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Funny, exact same rhetoric was used in another thread were a poster called anyone and everyone who voted for Trump a retard. That's literally millions of people exercising their democratic votes. Retards they were called. Don't agree with me, you're a mentally impaired individual. That's what you and your ilk have amounted to saying lately. Guess what? The wheels are coming off and people are only gonna take so much until someone just says ''FUCK IT'' and calls it like it is. Like this guy has. I hope there's a sh*t-tonne more to come.

You should definitely vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

John Connors is all fired up on Twitter.

This day just gets better and better, I know Casey hasn't a hope against the garden gnome but I'll vote for him anyway.

Good 'man' - he needs all the help he can get languishing within margin of error support.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

Travellers came onto my land and stole my electric fence and the rugs and head collars off my horses they are not fair people .

I was in the courts last year paying 1000 euro for a barrister and a hearty traveller rocked up in a new range rover with the legal aid solicitor why? why free legal aid? free housing free furniture buggies if you want to navigate the welfare system dont go to citizens advice go to a traveller !!
    free loading thieves and thugs......

So let me get this right, you're condemning someone who made a sweeping generalisation about Trump supporters but you're supporting Casey who made sweeping generalisations about Travellers.....you're either very confused or just a hypocrite...which is it?

Travellers came onto my land and stole my electric fence and the rugs and head collars off my horses they are not fair people .

I was in the courts last year paying 1000 euro for a barrister and a hearty traveller rocked up in a new range rover with the legal aid solicitor why? why free legal aid? free housing free furniture buggies if you want to navigate the welfare system dont go to citizens advice go to a traveller !!
    free loading thieves and thugs......

Whilst you've a right to be angry with the specific people who allegedly stole your property the rest of your post is lazy, cliched unsubstantiated bullsh!t, it's a pity you needed to undermine your post to such a degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

MFPM wrote: »
    So let me get this right, you're condemning someone who made a sweeping generalisation about Trump supporters but you're supporting Casey who made sweeping generalisations about Travellers.....you're either very confused or just a hypocrite...which is it?

Nobody is a retard for exercising their right to vote. To call a Trump voter retarded is a baseless and ignorant generalisation.

Casey's generalisations about Traveller's were neither baseless nor ignorant and can be backed up fairly well by facts and figures from recent censuses.

See the difference?

sdanseo wrote: »
    Declaring travelers to have their own ethnicity is like declaring the Healy Raes as one. Equally different ways of life from the average Irish person.

One wants to live in a caravan (some not on other people's land, but the vast majority of them, imposing on private or public land against the wishes of just about everyone else).

The other wants to drink and drive despite the hundreds of studies proving that it's a spectacularly bad idea.

Neither warrants that designation. That's not racist, it's fact.

I've no doubt there is someone, somewhere who has some idea of what you're babbling about and when you meet them, cling on to them so you won't be lonely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Good 'man' - he needs all the help he can get languishing within margin of error support.

Ok 'boy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We are still battling them after 4 years

Do tell us more. We need people to know what is happening out there outside of keyboard nation. Thanks. Hope all is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

Casey has no hope of getting near Higgins but if hes tempted to run in the next election , well He may have a sniff
    unless sean gallagher has some dirt on higgins that he's going to drop tonight at the debate,
    is casey still 500/1
    if i had money i'd put a tenner on him:cool:
    get baack at the bookies as well as the media elite dictators

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Is there a poll on boards about travellers? Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

I've no doubt there is someone, somewhere who has some idea of what you're babbling about and when you meet them, cling on to them so you won't be lonely!!!

Do you get lonely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Noveight wrote: »
    Nobody is a retard for exercising their right to vote. To call a Trump voter retarded is a baseless and ignorant generalisation.

Casey's generalisations about Traveller's were neither baseless nor ignorant and can be backed up fairly well by facts and figures from recent censuses.

See the difference?

Also wasn't Casey's remarks in relation to a specific case in Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Am I correct in saying tonights debate will not be live online?

Sorry I don't know but just a heads up it is on Virgin One at 10.00.

Don't miss it. This is history in the making.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He's got my vote.

See the difference?

I didn't call anyone a 'retard' and I don't agree with that characterisation of Trump voters, it's not a term I use and it doesn't explain what happened with Trump.

Now that we've cleared up your confusion on that one, let's deal with the rest of your confusion.

I responded to a poster who was critiquing someone over making generalisations yet endorsing someone else who was doing the very same thing, that's hypocrisy in most people's books.

You understand now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

John Connors is all fired up on Twitter.

Post all your nuggets here please. It's the Official John Connors is a Wanker Thread!

autumn2018 wrote: »
    unless sean gallagher has some dirt on higgins that he's going to drop tonight at the debate,
    is casey still 500/1
    if i had money i'd put a tenner on him:cool:
    get baack at the bookies as well as the media elite dictators

There's confidence for you, 'a tenner'....the media elite dictators will be shaking....FFS lad, get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Do tell us more. We need people to know what is happening out there outside of keyboard nation. Thanks. Hope all is well.

Ya the place they are in belong to receivers so the council would not get involved only now are, the garda will do nothing as private property and the receivers well the lest said about them the better. Things seem to be rolling a bit now (maybe the receiver is looking to sell) so in a year or 2 maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Whilst you've a right to be angry with the specific people who allegedly stole your property the rest of your post is lazy, cliched unsubstantiated bullsh!t, it's a pity you needed to undermine your post to such a degree.

On yer bike. The PC crap is gone now. Time to call it what it is..

Do you live anywhere near a group of Travellers in their caravans. Do you? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I am surprised his comment on people who decline social housing are being so glossed over

• Advertisement

Ok 'boy'.

I see you lack originality too....ah well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement