Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

listermint wrote: »
    Centre right!?

FG are centre right regardless of what way you want to paint them.

They brought in Water Charges ffs.

I think there is a dearth of rational thinking when people get hung up on single stupid issue topics like travellers.

You are being taken advantage off ELM and no its not by the bogey man welfare recipients.

Use a bit more savvy there horse.

FG are a mess with no consistent policies as far as I can see. They brought in water charges, but they also increased our already high welfare rates. I don't agree with those wanting a more right wing approach, but I can certainly see why they feel as if they lack representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Centre right!?

FG are centre right regardless of what way you want to paint them.

They brought in Water Charges ffs.

I think there is a dearth of rational thinking when people get hung up on single stupid issue topics like travellers.

You are being taken advantage off ELM and no its not by the bogey man welfare recipients.

Use a bit more savvy there horse.

FG are not centre right.
    They are further right than the others. (Left to right: Looney left AAA/PBP, SF. Left: Labour, FF, probably FG centre). But if you're more right wing than a load of lefties it doesn't make you right, just less left.

As for water charges, they didn't bring them in. And if they did, half would have been paid by "de social" anyway, that's not right wing at all. FG have been in government for nearly 8 years now, and SW is our biggest national expenditure. That's not a sign of a right wing government.

FYI: No one is taking advantage of me, except for the taxman via a load of spongers. And the travellers who robbed my house multiple times as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

3 strikes and your out!

Lol laughed at, now i know your messing. Give over will ya. That stuff doesnt work in the States and it wont work here.

Will you please go off and read up on some of the stuff you are saying. I have because i bother to inform myself.

Would you think about having a read of 'how to win friends and influence people' perhaps?

3 strikes and your out!

Lol laughed at, now i know your messing. Give over will ya. That stuff doesnt work in the States and it wont work here.

Will you please go off and read up on some of the stuff you are saying. I have because i bother to inform myself.

Read on what? Risible.

3 strikes and out works fine in the US. There's a load of great docu-series on Netflix at the moment called "lock up", I suggest you watch some.

3 strikes and you're out is a great idea and I don't see why it is met with derision from your ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

givyjoe wrote: »
    Would you think about having a read of 'how to win friends and influence people' perhaps?

I dont want to win friends and im not trying to influence anyone.

There are those that want to know and those that dont, There are many of the latter here. They will remain that way of their own choosing. Im not here to politic im here to counter the narrative with facts.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Read on what? Risible.

3 strikes and out works fine in the US. There's a load of great docu-series on Netflix at the moment called "lock up", I suggest you watch some.

3 strikes and you're out is a great idea and I don't see why it is met with derision from your ilk.

FYI i havent called you 'ilk' so stop using scummy terms to make people appear less than you.
    Its a scummy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

3 strikes and your out!

You could have a 3 strikes and you are sentenced to a Trade.

If you are under 18, and receive a 3rd conviction you are sentenced to work in a Trade Centre, where you have to turn up for work everyday to learn a trade of your choice and learn the value of regular work and allow yourself a route out of the cycle of poverty and crime.

They used a similar system in Glascow to great effect, to the individual himself/herself and to society.

Of course, I am a racist bigot so what would I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I dont want to win friends and im not trying to influence anyone.

There are those that want to know and those that dont, There are many of the latter here. They will remain that way of their own choosing. Im not here to politic im here to counter the narrative with facts.

No sh1t on both counts.

I didn't see any facts in the post I quoted you on. Just your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I think 3 strikes and you're out might be a bit harsh (aside from the fact there are a lot of really bad precedents with it)

I'll quite happily take 30 strikes and you're out though?

You could have a 3 strikes and you are sentenced to a Trade.

If you are under 18, and receive a 3rd conviction you are sentenced to work in a Trade Centre, where you have to turn up for work everyday to learn a trade of your choice and learn the value of regular work and allow yourself a route out of the cycle of poverty and crime.

They used a similar system in Glascow to great effect, to the individual himself/herself and to society.

Of course, I am a racist bigot so what would I know
    !

Who called you that me ?

If so when,

and if you are going to use such terms when referencing my name in a response please understand i will call you on it.

• Advertisement

FYI i havent called you 'ilk' so stop using scummy terms to make people appear less than you.

It's only a scummy term in the mind of the reader not the author.
    What would you prefer? I will use "group of like minded people", I hope that is less offensive for you. Now let's revisit the actual content of the post as opposed to jumping with offense.

Read on what? Risible.

3 strikes and you're out is a great idea and I don't see why it is met with derision from your group of like minded people.

wexie wrote: »
    I think 3 strikes and you're out might be a bit harsh (aside from the fact there are a lot of really bad precedents with it)

I'll quite happily take 30 strikes and you're out though?

Anything is better than the free for all that we have now tbh.

givyjoe wrote: »
    No sh1t on both counts.

I didn't see any facts in the post I quoted you on. Just your opinion.

Telling me to go read a book to learn to influence people is doing what ? and why ?

why would i want to cuddle people who are stuck on single topic policies in their world vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Read on what? Risible.

Nice way to not discuss the FACT that 3 strikes and your out actually DOES work !!
    Your “ scummy” mask is slipping there pal

Anything is better than the free for all that we have now tbh.

What no apology ?

Ok grand.

Noted for future correspondence.

I know people get heated on topic, but name calling is schoolyard stuff.

Needs adults to discuss things rationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

these trump comparisons are ridiculous. Casey is a church mouse compared to trump. He also only said the truth, thats it, get over it! Watch the netflix documentary on trump, he was calling the established politicos at the time 'morons' and in all fairness, they must be. He solved something in a few months, the city couldnt solve in years and for a fraction the cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8tlAUhGegs

The two parties or wasters have had power in this country for what? roughly a hundred years, for the past twenty years, we have been a rich country, these wasters are paid a fortune, look after huge budgets and everything here is JOKE!

Housing - yeah
    health -yeah
    infrastructure - yeah
    Crime - yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

blanch152 wrote: »
    Look when the State is paying more money to people on social welfare than their own nurses, guards and teachers get after paying tax, pension contributions, rent/mortgage and commuting costs, then there is something wrong with the system that has nothing to do with taxes.

Spot on there B, you gotta make WORK more advantageous than life on welfare with all the add ons.

Surely that isn’t too difficult to work out.

hawkelady wrote: »
    Nice way to not discuss the FACT that 3 strikes and your out actually DOES work !!
    Your “ scummy” mask is slipping there pal

I believe in reporting name calling so have at it.

And im sure you can do your own research on cost / benefit of 3 strikes.

If not then why bother.

If you believe 3 strikes is a panacea, then go research it come back and tell us how its working everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

hawkelady wrote: »
    You need look no further than the stats on the anmount of travellers in prison. ! There you go , and by god I’d say the majority of them haven’t got caught !
    You’re welcome btw

Ok, so thanks for reading my post
    But I didn't ask about travellers.

I ask the most basic simple straight forward question imaginable.

It's hard to believe that not a single poster could come up with some sort of half arsed answer.

So i'll try again(it's the question in bold). Because i'm genuinely interested.

Why do you believe rural crime is getting worse?

I searched the ice skating thing and then this next video popped up here, the reasons they give for voting him an alternative, to the absolute other swamp where the candidates come from.

'hes not afraid to say what we are all thinking' etc etc etc. Totally disillusioned with the democrats and republicans, the usual...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcjr2FcrYzM

• Advertisement

What no apology ?

Ok grand.

Noted for future correspondence.

I know people get heated on topic, but name calling is schoolyard stuff.

Needs adults to discuss things rationally.

That post was not even addressed to or in response to you :confused:

And I don't need to apologize if you choose to be offended by something I posted without intending to offend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Who called you that me ?

If so when,

and if you are going to use such terms when referencing my name in a response please understand i will call you on it.

Sorry to be fair, I should have referenced my experience reading Irish media since the vote count, where I and people like me have been repeatedly referred to as racist bigots, or rural knuckle draggers and such, that was what I was referring to.

Sorry to be fair, I should have referenced my experience reading Irish media since the vote count, where I and people like me have been repeatedly referred to as racist bigots, or rural knuckle draggers and such, that was what I was referring to.
    You're not allowed have a non left wing viewpoint, you know.

That post was not even addressed to or in response to you :confused:

And I don't need to apologize if you choose to be offended by something I posted without intending to offend anyone.

Call people ilk is an attempt to belittle.

You know well. I know well.

It's a great way to discuss things

You must be proud of the method.

And then come back with the political response of if you chose to get offended.

Good luck. It's transparent as your thought process on this subject. Single line with no answers .

Where will be put all these 3 strikers in your made up renua prison

I haven't refered to anyone like that in this thread I've consistently called Casey out on his nonsense.

Snake oil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Idbatterim wrote: »
    these trump comparisons are ridiculous. Casey is a church mouse compared to trump. He also only said the truth, thats it, get over it! Watch the netflix documentary on trump, he was calling the established politicos at the time 'morons' and in all fairness, they must be. He solved something in a few months, the city couldnt solve in years and for a fraction the cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8tlAUhGegs

The comparisons to Trump are mostly that he's spouting right-wing populist soundbites to win an election without any evidence of having a plan to back any of it up. He's definitely not as good/bad as Trump (delete as appropriate to your outlook). He's the right-wing equivalent of modern Sinn Fein.
    He sorted out a problem with an ice skating ring for free to the city of new york, when those elected idiots couldnt fix it over the course of several years at huge costs.

The two parties or wasters have had power in this country for what? roughly a hundred years, for the past twenty years, we have been a rich country, these wasters are paid a fortune, look after huge budgets and everything here is JOKE!

Housing - yeah
    health -yeah
    infrastructure - yeah
    Crime - yeah

Compared to plenty of countries we're not doing half bad. We'd fall somewhere in the middle on most of the things you've listed. Could do better, but could also do a lot worse. Sticking with the USA comparison, the state of many of their major airports and other transport hubs compared to those here is shocking.

You're not allowed have a non left wing viewpoint, you know.

Says who.

you know its bad here when the biggest bleeding heart mother Teresa nation on earth, starts to finally lose patience with the off the wall welfare state!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Step # 1
    Stop selling off the council housing stock

If you're in council housing you should not be able to buy the house, or afford to buy the house!

Take management of these houses off the councils. They are too slow to do them up and are far too tolerant of the houses being wrecked.

The tenants should be expected to do the basic maintenance on the houses - painting, servicing boiler, cleaning chimneys, cutting hedges etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Ok, so thanks for reading my post
    But I didn't ask about travellers.

I ask the most basic simple straight forward question imaginable.

It's hard to believe that not a single poster could come up with some sort of half arsed answer.

So i'll try again(it's the question in bold). Because i'm genuinely interested.

Why do you believe rural crime is getting worse?

Stats for crime nationwide are on the CSO website and it is up.

The IFA are constantly asking the government to do something about rural crime and called for a task force to be set up.

The gardai recently announced they have set up a special task force to crack down on gangs targeting rural Ireland.

A quick glance at the IFA website will see articles advising people how to secure their tools, oil etc

But nothing to see here. No crime in rural Ireland. Everyone is worrying about nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement