Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Ill tell you what I consider, 50% income tax thieved off over a pittance of E34,800! a third world transport system in Dublin, no motorway linking the second a third cities. Boil water notices and raw sewage being discharged into our sea's! Law and order, I wont even go there! Outrageous house prices for some and its free for others. An off the wall welfare state! The place is a joke! They spending to tax cut ratio as agree between FG and FF was to be at a ration of 2/1. What was it this budget? 19/1 YES 19/1! LOL when the **** hits the fan here again, the national debt last time was minute! this time round a nice cool two hundred billion to the best of my knowledge, there will be SERIOUS hard decisions to be made next time! Borrowing tens of billions to avoid hard decisions, that option wont be on the menu!

i. Neither you nor nobody pay 50% income tax on 34800. that is a ridiculous statement.

ii. we have an ok transport system. third world is a ridiculous comparison.

iii. we have a very good roads network.

iv. i dont have a boil water notice are you sure this statement is representative or is it a bit ridiculous? lots of improvement in the figures of our raw sewage management under Irish Water if you read the available reports. Have you? or are you being a little ridiculous?

v. we live in a very safe country in terms of crime and the likelihood of being a victim of serious crime. ridiculous for you to be afraid to 'go there'

vi. housing is a major issue. congratulations. not easily solved.

vii. what are the international comparators you are using for your claims that we are an off the wall welfare state. that sounds a little ridiculous to me.

viii. id need to see the actual figures on the spending to tax cut ratios and promises. your word alone seems..... untrustworthy

ix. the national debt was not 'minute' that is utterly ridiculous.

look. you are ridiculous. that much is clear and you obviously don't care.

but come. what party is going to solve all of your crises above?

you're hardly here twelve hours a day ranting and raving this bollox without somebody in mind.

let's hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He's an ideas guy.

He will be along soon with some rationale thought out ideas about how to solve all the issues he claims we have.

Or else some meme that he dreamt up of being shouted down by this fictitious group of neighbours who won't let him speak his mind. And close him down.

One or the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    You say that FF are going to reinvent themselves as a right wing party like they reinvented themselves as a Republican Party a few years ago. At what point do you think the republican reinvention took place?
    Before every election for the last 45 years at least . And its worked a lot of the time too .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

listermint wrote: »
    Or that most people didn't bother voting because they believed MD would get in

And that those that did vote were motivated to by a narrow populist rant . Which was compelling to that minority group of people.

Let's just say they were taking in by a psuedo American who knows nothing about their lives and jumped on a subject that got airtime.

Let's just say that.

Let's just say 75% of people didn't want to vote for a man who lied to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

wellwhynot wrote: »
    I for one would welcome a new party or Renua. FG have proved there is not much difference between them and FF. There is literally no party I can vote for in the next election.

I am fed up of reading about criminals with 106 previous convinctions carrying out heinous crimes and getting joke sentences with a portion suspended. As for concurrent sentencing, it makes my blood boil. If you have been caught for one crime you may as well rush out and do many more as it won’t matter once you reach court. If you are aged 26 with 106 previous you should be locked up for at least 20 years. There should be no drugs in prisons ever.

I am also fed up of paying huge amounts of tax to pay for people to sit on their arse all day or pop out children for the taxpayer to support. I had to visit a welfare office a few years ago and the amount of people that came in to sign on in their pyjamas was shocking. You should not be able to put your name down for a council house at 18. If you are working on a low wage you should go up the list ahead of someone who has never worked. A council house should not be for life. Able bodied people who leave school should be made work for the dole.

I am fed up about the reckless spending and waste by our government. The HSE being the largest elephant in the room, followed by RTÉ, not to mention the Irish Water fiasco. I could go on and on.
    Renua were battered by the Irish media/establishment when they tried to get going. A lot of infighting, poorly run too. People like Lucinda Creighton and the spoofer Eddie Hobbs involved .

They couldn't decide whether to be fiscally or socially conservative or both. A lot of people quit or were kicked out, the top dogs couldn't handle 1the media attacks. I recall the Indo heavily campaigning for Kate O'Connell to oust Lucinda Creighton from her seat and they succeeded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    What's the craic with all this "Mom and apple pie" guff? Where in Ireland are you talking like that?
    Never heard of it either. Sounds like something Sarah Palin would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

He's an ideas guy.

He will be along soon with some rationale thought out ideas about how to solve all the issues he claims we have.

Or else some meme that he dreamt up of being shouted down by this fictitious group of neighbours who won't let him speak his mind. And close him down.

One or the other.
    Casey supporters are all ideas guys.

Sadly these ideas tend not to pass muster beyond the setting of a barstool after seven pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Renua were battered by the Irish media/establishment when they tried to get going. A lot of infighting, poorly run too. People like Lucinda Creighton and the spoofer Eddie Hobbs involved .

They couldn't decide whether to be fiscally or socially conservative or both. A lot of people quit or were kicked out, the top dogs couldn't handle 1the media attacks. I recall the Indo heavily campaigning for Kate O'Connell to oust Lucinda Creighton from her seat and they succeeded.

A member calling the vatican the antichrist probably didn't help :D

To was a party that tried to unite a load of fringe nutjobs. It was never going to work

It's hard to believe Renua are still going, why is their leader never on Tv/radio? That Irexit guy Hermann Kelly is on regularly. And the Renua guy is at least elected councillor

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

JeffKenna wrote: »

About Nama and the stardust property ownership?

Or being an Irish tax payer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

It's hard to believe Renua are still going, why is their leader never on Tv/radio? That Irexit guy Hermann Kelly is on regularly. And the Renua guy is at least elected councillor

He was on tv Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

LEO wasn't running.

Prime Time right now on farmer attacks in North County Dublin, possibly by travellers although thats not been mentioned.

We can thank Peter Casey and the Peter Casey voters for helping to highlight this issue

About Nama and the stardust property ownership?

Or being an Irish tax payer?

No actually, I was thinking about championing human rights but at the same time championing a man who put 40,000 people up against a firing squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

It is travellers!! Everybody afraid to say it but it is travellers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Prime Time right now on farmer attacks in North County Dublin, possibly by travellers although thats not been mentioned.

We can thank Peter Casey and the Peter Casey voters for helping to highlight this issue

"gangs with lurcher dogs" is the new "roving gangs" - it means travellers, but they are afraid of pavee point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

You can't mention the unmentionable. 'Shurh dats diskrimination boss' as one of the professional lurcher walkers said

No actually, I was thinking about championing human rights but at the same time championing a man who put 40,000 people up against a firing squad.

Doesn't Higgins laud that kind too?

Doesn't Higgins laud that kind too?

Surely not our President...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Leo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That's what I have been saying everytime Prime Time do a segment on rural crime.
    It's a regular feature on Prime Time. :rolleyes:

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Leo?

Well that's 75% of his party from memory.

When you hear of a burglary on a farm or attack on farmers 99% chance it's travellers.

Any burglary at all in rural Ireland high % chance it's travellers. It's time Pavee Point are confronted on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

That's what I have been saying everytime Prime Time do a segment on rural crime.
    It's a regular feature on Prime Time. :rolleyes:

what other words do they use to avoid saying the obvious and offending criminals?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

what other words do they use to avoid saying the obvious and offending criminals?

Not what I am objecting to. It is this notion that 'rural crime is ignored'
    It isn't, Prime Time feature it regularly enough.

Not what I am objecting to. It is this notion that 'rural crime is ignored'
    It isn't, Prime Time feature it regularly enough.

I'd say Margaret Cash has got 20 times the amount of publicity that rural crime has received this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Prisoners should be made listen to Migeldys poetry on a loop.
    Recidivism rates would drop dramatically methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Those people who emailed Peter to not drop out/ lend your support should now email him again offering to continue that support if he leads a party.

Tomorrow night on the Brendan O' Connor Show " Is a vote for Casey an anti-Traveller vote?"
    Should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Paulzx wrote: »
    If i remember correctly the Dail was full that day and every single member got to their feet like a herd of sheep and gave a round of applause when Enda announced the recognition of criminality, tax avoidance, illegal dumping, illegal burning, bullying of elderly people and widespread, wilfull ignoring of the rules of law and decency as deserving of "ethnic minority" status.

When did we become so weak as to be afraid to speak the truth. The silent majorities views has just been represented by an election candidate who will now be savaged by the vocal minority.

He is an election candidate that hasn't a chance of being elected. He's someone who i don't think would make a good president. However, it refreshing to hear somebody looking for votes speak his mind and not what his PR guru has programmed

I remember those useful fools of TDs applauding them selves in An Dáil as if they had performed some marvellous feat.

I know SF and Labour had been banging this drum for some time. I thought FG and FF would have more sense. No matter what Pavee Point claim, too many travellers are criminals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement