Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Tomorrow night on the Brendan O' Connor Show " Is a vote for Casey an anti-Traveller vote?"
    Should be good.
    If there is no Casey voter than it will be pointless. It has the worst guests of any show, 2 D4 permanently outraged women on everyweek. These people dont live in the real world, they know f all about travellers or rural crime

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I'd say Margaret Cash has got 20 times the amount of publicity that rural crime has received this year.

Not the point. Please stop the mythmaking around the subject? Might bring a bit more credibility/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Not the point. Please stop the mythmaking around the subject? Might bring a bit more credibility/

I think the last few weeks have shown that you are the one lacking credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If there is no Casey voter than it will be pointless. It has the worst guests of any show, 2 D4 permanently outraged women on everyweek. These people dont live in the real world, they know f all about travellers or rural crime

Agree. The panel will be stacked. Probably someone like Collins and a few Dub Libs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I think the last few weeks have shown that you and your party are the ones lacking credibility.

Just fixed that there, hope you don't mind Jeff

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Agree. The panel will be stacked. Probably someone like Collins and a few Dub Libs.
    Maybe John "Gardai are scum" Connors will make an appearance

I think the last few weeks have shown that you are the one lacking credibility.

Making the statement that Peter Casey and his supporters prompted a 'novel' report on Prime Time is factually wrong and therefore not credible. They do reports on the subject all the time.

Vizzy wrote: »
    Just fixed that there, hope you don't mind Jeff

With respect, my 'party' - the overwhelming majority of people who voted - won the election. Just thought I would point that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tomorrow night on the Brendan O' Connor Show " Is a vote for Casey an anti-Traveller vote?"
    Should be good.

The question should be "Is a vote for Casey a vote for those working and contributing together with a vote for equality and law and order"

Fat chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Aye there is no travellers in Dublin.

It's void of travellers except all the traveller halting sites that are in Dublin.

I'm starting to think that alot of people don't have a ****ing clue about Dublin.

And are creating a them and us decide between rural and Dublin which helps substantiate a them and us decide for travellers.

Rural people being surpressed by a lefty Dublin majority.

It's in your heads. Your conjuring up suppression that doesn't exist. Everyone is fully aware of rural crime. Everyone is aware travellers play a part in it. But the absolute gawl of people in here saying that 99 per cent is travellers then you clearly don't have a breeze about your local town or village every one of them have the local prick in it that does the robbing or a few local pricks.

If you want law and order then you better be prepared to petition your TDs for new prisons. And not handing out votes to millionaire US businessmen to fix all your ills.

A bit of facts for your narratives wouldn't go a miss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Except TDs and the law are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. They're all in thrall to these scobies and they're getting away with it. We had trouble with them around where I live and the authorities were less than useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

With respect, my 'party' - the overwhelming majority of people who voted - won the election. Just thought I would point that out.

With respect, the "party" that you have espousing the view of, backed the wrong horse here, with respect.
    I note that even Mary "Gerry Adams" Lou McDonald hasn't even made the claim that your party did well.

Vizzy wrote: »
    With respect, the "party" that you have espousing the view of, backed the wrong horse here, with respect.
    I note that even Mary "Gerry Adams" Lou McDonald hasn't even made the claim that your party did well.

I voted and supported MDH since the start of the thread. I won. This democrat is happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

You can bet on it. Straight from the Bannon playbook. Ireland has a void in the hierarchy for people expressing these sentiments, I'm gonna say he will get 20% in the polls if he carries on like this.

Well played sir...you were on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Never heard of Peter Casey. In a week or two I never will again.
    As they say, a week is long time in politics!!

Except TDs and the law are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. They're all in thrall to these scobies and they're getting away with it. We had trouble with them around where I live and the authorities were less than useless.

A grand let's get in those millionaire businesses men. They can tell us all about how the media is out to get them.

And everything is fake news.

Oh and they know what real people are like.

Wooot.woot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Those people who emailed Peter to not drop out/ lend your support should now email him again offering to continue that support if he leads a party.

Very different being president and a TD, not to mind a party leader. Casey attracted single issue voters on travellers and welfare despite of his shortcomings as a candidate, he was on 2% before that for a reason.

He's had his moment, people got to send a message, and now he's done I hope. I voted PC for "hey government deal with this issue" and not "please let this guy become a political fixture, he seems great"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I voted and supported MDH since the start of the thread. I won. This democrat is happy with the result.

Yes Francie. You won. Congratulations. Just like everyone who voted to get rid of blasphemy feels like a winner today. A personal victory for you and a vindication of 500 posts and the hours spent in support of your hero Michael D Higgins, because without you, it wouldn’t have made any difference. You go girl.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Let’s face it people. Peter Casey was a useful idiot who articulated views long suppressed. Enabling these views to be brought to public attention. He is not the messiah, he is politically clueless and from recent utterances, more than a little thick.

And this is from a Casey voter.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Never heard of it either. Sounds like something Sarah Palin would say.

You need to get out more, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

From talking to people i know who voted for Casey, the housing issue in Tipp seems to have struck a chord with a lot of people

6 lovely houses sitting empty because their intended occupants want grazing space for their horses.

That and Leo interfering

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Let’s face it people. Peter Casey was a useful idiot who articulated views long suppressed. Enabling these views to be brought to public attention. He is not the messiah, he is politically clueless and from recent utterances, more than a little thick.

yep, I said it before the election: he won't win, he is just a means to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,624 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The question should be "Is a vote for Casey a vote for those working and contributing together with a vote for equality and law and order"

Fat chance.
    Lol he was nobody until his traveller comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Casey gave isollated elderly people a chance to see how many other peole are living in fear like they are, if he did nothing else he gave hope to these people that something would be done about traveller criminality. Its a false hope.

The media are determined that the vote will be prenented as if uneducated rednecks came out of their shacks in the mountains, there will be no discussion of the issues allowed, no real analysing of the Court reports which are full of traveller crime and its the journalists who are covering these court cases. The reports about using the lurchers are leaving out the most pertinent facts, these are travellers so why not just say this, its helping no one but the travellers to be so coy with the truth. Where are the comments from the Gardai in relation to this matter, where is the committment from the new Garda Commissioner to reassure three hundred thousand people have he has taken their vote on board. Not one single thing has been said by official Ireland, its a disgrace that Leo Vradkar has not apologised for dictating to people how they should vote, everyone of those three hundred people who voted for Casey should email Vradkar now, if he sees his inbox full it might make him think.

Another article in the Irish Times today from Katherine Sheridan, Peter Casey is a halloween bogie man who should terrify us all, he should have knocked on the caravans doors and asked the travellers to behave themselves. Wait until her door is kicked in by four or five men and her children are put in fear of their lives, bet she wont be heading down to the local halting site. There wasnt one word in her article about traveller criminality, it was all about "settled folk" turning down houses so why should travellers be critiscised for doing so. You will probably find settled folk turn down most houses because they are in horrible areas, doubt if many "settled people" would turn down brand new group housing across the road where they are camped, these houses have been provided for an extended family group to live together and they will have been built to the higest specification, what other homeless family has been given this treatment.

I am going to cancel my subscription to the Irish Times, I have had enough of Fintan O Toole, Una Mullally and Katherine Sheridan, enough of their wittering prose penned in the Irish Times office or in their homes which may as well be on a different planet to where the problems with travellers are.

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Casey: easily engaged with those easily ennraged. Two or three week wonder and the pack will move on to the next thing

I know this is a lie because no one has a subscription to the irish times

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

It's very much the point actually!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

If Caseys result meant nothing, then why are you still here arguing?
    I think you are not as happy as you are pretending to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

listermint wrote: »
    I know this is a lie because no one has a subscription to the irish times

:P

Either you're lying or you work in the Subs department and have just breached GDPR and should be fired.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Jackman25 wrote: »
    If Caseys result meant nothing, then why are you still here arguing?
    I think you are not as happy as you are pretending to be.
    He Doth Protest Too Much !;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement