Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

listermint wrote: »
    Peter Casey opened nothing.

Are you new to boards?

'this debate' has been going on since the internet started. high point being the McNally case.

Its actually frightening you think Casey is a messiah and opened our eyes...

We have traveller threads every 2 weeks, long before that lad pretended he was coming back from the states to live on this island

No one thinks Casey is the messiah, he's probably a very naughty boy. He said something no one in power will though, that the people Leo promised to help have gotten nothing. Every scheme they put in place just helps landlords and ups house prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

1- I dont go to church, grew out of all that stuff
    2- I dont get a chance to go to the pub as i have a young child and i am presently engaged in refurbishing my entire house solo. So i wish i had the time.

How Jesuitical :P

The takeaway from the whole casey thing is the way the media rounded on him for daring to voice such an opinion and the resulting huge increase in support for him. He had the nerve to weather the storm (not being able to withdraw might have helped :) )and he reaped the rewards for not backing down.

That's what happens when you try to suppress debate. Will they learn the lesson? Will they f**k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

NIMAN wrote: »
    How can someone born in Dublin (for example) from white, Irish parents be a different race to another person born in Dublin to white, Irish parents?

Its pure bollox this travellers ethnic group. We have a bunch of clowns entertaining this idea. The travellers need to start looking at themselves before pushing out this ethnic group crap and pointing the finger at society and systems etc. How many of these people who ride on the traveller wagon would like one of them living beside them. Feck all I'd say and that really says it all. Nobody want them with all the baggage and crap that comes with them. This is the truth of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

How was this woman up all night with worry over the outcome of the presidential election when the result was a foregone conclusion?
    The exit poles were indicating a landslide for Michael D, it was never a race to the finish line at all.

Oh hang on, could she possibly be talking out of her backside, for money?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Well supposedly Ciara Kelly, Michael D Higgins, Joan Freeman, Liadh Ní Riada, Sean Gallagher and Gavin Dunne would have no problems with travellers living beside them

I'd love to test that theory with brand new halting sites next door to all of them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    A friend said they were going to vote for #PeterCasey for #Aras18 saying that he was right about Political Correctness getting out of hand. I couldn't help myself and said 'Well if we're not being PC then I'm just a chink & you're just a bigoted pr%@k'. *Silence* #aras2018

The Journal have given this Green Party candidate an opinion piece on the election

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/hazel-chu-election-peter-casey-ireland-4313302-Nov2018/

Strange they actually left the comments open for once
    Unsurprising that a looney tune like that got a full free opinion piece and campaign advert on the Journal.ie. It's really become a cesspit of far left and radical feminist garbage. Only have to read their Daily Edge section to see that. They also seem to have a 90% female snowflake staff at this point, so not surprised this green party person got her rant in.

Anyway its actually a good thing, green party are hated in rural Ireland . They only have a presence in D4 liberal areas. This just reinforces to everyone else how out of touch they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

blinding wrote: »
    There would appear to be more evidence of the travellers behaving bigoted / racist to people they see as not like themselves .

Travellers are definitely Homophobic . How do they get on with other races ? They are a very closed society .

Peter Casey has opened a Great Debate . Thank you Peter Casey .

Peter Casey opened nothing.

Are you new to boards?

'this debate' has been going on since the internet started. high point being the McNally case.

Its actually frightening you think Casey is a messiah and opened our eyes...

We have traveller threads every 2 weeks, long before that lad pretended he was coming back from the states to live on this island
    Jeez, I wonder why we have Traveller threads every two weeks?

Is the answer 'racism'?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

No its not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

JPCN1 wrote: »
    No its not.

Is it because they are a disproportionate thread to law and order based on their numbers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I actually dont get the outrage?

ive seen plenty of opinion pieces pro casey.

It feels like there is a bunch of people being selective here. And just like in the US are pretending that they are being surpressed by some closet bogey man.

Oh yeah, its the media again . grrrrr journalists ..

No one is surpressing you, No one is after your thoughts.

I have no particular notions of 'pc' gone mad, but i do see alot of people that are selectively outraged across the board. And need to bloody grow up.

Can you link to half a dozen of the “plenty of opinion pieces pro Casey” in the mainstream media ahead of the election?

The media in Ireland is almost entirely white, middle class and left leaning. Much more so than is reflective of the population as a whole.

For bastions of diversity and equality how many black, disabled, traveller, rural dwelling or right leaning journalists are employed by the paper of note in Ireland, the Irish Times?

The media in Ireland reflect their own biases, nothing more, nothing less. These biases tend to be almost exclusively left wing.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

I don't think Hazel Chu's view on travellers or anything really is in tune with the average Chinese person in Ireland. Certainly Eastern Europeans and Africans, are not in love with the travellers. I'm sure they get plenty of issues with them too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Bambi wrote: »
    How Jesuitical :P

The takeaway from the whole casey thing is the way the media rounded on him for daring to voice such an opinion and the resulting huge increase in support for him. He had the nerve to weather the storm (not being able to withdraw might have helped :) )and he reaped the rewards for not backing down.

That's what happens when you try to suppress debate. Will they learn the lesson? Will they f**k :D
    Not talking about stuff in the Catholic Church did not work out to well :eek:

Hiding stuff in the Gardai did not work out too well :eek:

Will the Irish establishment ever learn ?:eek:

I don't think Hazel Chu's view on travellers or anything really is in tune with the average Chinese person in Ireland. Certainly Eastern Europeans and Africans, are not in love with the travellers. I'm sure they get plenty of issues with them too.

You want to hear what the Polish lad who mows my laws says!

That's after having three break ins to his van and loads of gear robbed.

Well supposedly Ciara Kelly, Michael D Higgins, Joan Freeman, Liadh Ní Riada, Sean Gallagher and Gavin Dunne would have no problems with travellers living beside them

I'd love to test that theory with brand new halting sites next door to all of them
    They are ridiculing themselves because nobody believes a word of it !

The Politicians are hiding behind political correctness = very handy .

blinding wrote: »
    They are ridiculing themselves because nobody believes a word of it !

Absolutely but they will lie and get away with it to remain Politically Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Yes or no - a traveller christening is planned for tomorrow in your town, do you go the pub or not ?

Of course ! :D

The front door will be locked but the owner will let locals in the back door

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Of course ! :D

The front door will be locked but the owner will let locals in the back door
    Cute hoors !

Absolutely but they will lie and get away with it to remain Politically Correct
    And the Media and Political establishment will let them get away with it .

Casey has shone a bright light on our Media and Political establishment . He has done a great service to his Country . Thanks Peter Casey .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hahaha what an utter copout!

Copout from your hypothetical situation?!

Do you live in the real world or only in the internet.

I gave you an answer, then you got pissed because it doesnt suit your narrative.

Go dream up some other scenerios that i cant actually attend because im doing other things in my real life.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I gave you an answer, then you got pissed because it doesnt suit your narrative.

Go dream up some other scenerios that i cant actually attend because im doing other things in my real life.

I asked if you’d open your pub while everyone else closed as a point of principal..

So would you ?

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Can you link to half a dozen of the “plenty of opinion pieces pro Casey” in the mainstream media ahead of the election?

The media in Ireland is almost entirely white, middle class and left leaning. Much more so than is reflective of the population as a whole.

For bastions of diversity and equality how many black, disabled, traveller, rural dwelling or right leaning journalists are employed by the paper of note in Ireland, the Irish Times?

The media in Ireland reflect their own biases, nothing more, nothing less. These biases tend to be almost exclusively left wing.

Nice little turn of words there from you.

Il tell you why there was no articles on him 'ahead of the election' because he was a nobody tv dragans den personality.

Then he said some controversial comments, not to impact some mass social change but to rile up a small group of people (your riled, this thread is evidence) Then of course he got lots of articles pro and con his points. Go find them if you want they are all over the place.

This nonsense sells papers. Oooo controversy. Oooo so edgey. It gets clicks and debates and airtime. Thats what the media thrive on. No they dont thrive on supressing hot topics.

anyone that believes that doesnt have a notion as to how the media generates its money.

Suppression, Laughed at lads. Laughed.... at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Yeah, not a cop out at all. :rolleyes:.

Would you have a problem with a halting site being setup close by to your house?

Rennaws wrote: »
    I asked if you’d open your pub while everyone else closed as a point of principal..

So would you ?

I dont have a bloody pub!

what is with this stupid line of questioning.

Oh yeah you are trying to get a real gotcha moment.

lol this stuff is getting ridiculous

givyjoe wrote: »
    Yeah, not a cop out at all. :rolleyes:.

Would you have a problem with a halting site being setup close by to your house?

There are 2 halting sites beside me,

Lets get a bit factual here.

The first is approx 1km due north. The second is approx 4km due east of that.

So what else do you want to discuss ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I dont have a bloody pub!

what is with this stupid line of questioning.

It's just a hypothetical question. It's a legitimate style of debate. You could just answer honestly.

Wait, no stop.

I thought this was new subject matter.

Something people didnt talk about.

Something that Casey raised up and that was being supressed.

now everyone agrees we discuss it all the time.

Which is it, You lads are tripping over your own outrage.

Nice little turn of words there from you.

Il tell you why there was no articles on him 'ahead of the election' because he was a nobody tv dragans den personality.

Then he said some controversial comments, not to impact some mass social change but to rile up a small group of people (your riled, this thread is evidence) Then of course he got lots of articles pro and con his points. Go find them if you want they are all over the place.

This nonsense sells papers. Oooo controversy. Oooo so edgey. It gets clicks and debates and airtime. Thats what the media thrive on. No they dont thrive on supressing hot topics.

anyone that believes that doesnt have a notion as to how the media generates its money.

Suppression, Laughed at lads. Laughed.... at.

There really are no words for the insanity of that, really - none.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's a hypothetical question. It's a legitimate style of debate. You could just answer honestly.

Hypotheical questions are utterly moronic.

If i said yeah of course id open 'my' pub, Then youd be all like 'your a liar' 'go pull the other one you big liar'

If i said i dont have a pub , then you call me a copout.

So i say, Go back to the school yard because that is the level of debate your bringing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement