Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Hypothetically Bud and Coors are beer.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

listermint wrote: »
    i typed in opinion piece travellers casey to google.

came back straight away

http://www.mayonews.ie/comment-opinion/133-comment-opinion/32872-casey-s-vote-needs-to-be-analysed-not-ridiculed

I mean there were lots of this over the last 2 weeks, i havent dreamt it up.

You can go look if you like

So your whole rebuttal to the liberal bias in Irish media argument is an article in a small local paper which calls Casey a weak candidate and is full of criticism of him, which appeared after the election?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

A certain poster here is making an absolute show of themselves.

I hope for their sake that it’s just a feeble attempt at derailment because otherwise that is just one sad wretch of an existence.

Ya see, This is how you attack singular posters who disagree with your premise. There was a poster yesterday attacked and name called . He has not come back.

Im afraid i dont fall for that nonsense, I can see name calling for what it is.

Do you have anything to add to the discussion though ?

Do you have a pub? perhaps i can learn from your inside knowledge it may help me answer some hypothetical question some randomer on the internet dreamth up.
    No I do not own a pub. However, I am perfectly capable of honestly answering an hypothetical question without deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He told the truth, that's all I and most of his supporters care about. Personally I think he should stay away from politics and do something useful where he can actually make a change.

Why do you keep asking people if they have read the thread? I have read more than most and anyone who you view to be praising Casey beyond reason is posting tongue in cheek or reacting to people going to the other extreme and calling him a snake oil salesman.

But he is a snake oils salesman,

He said something to get votes, The job at hand has no impact on the subject he spoke about, And yes he took it straight out of the trump playbook. (he lives in the states so is immersed in the subject matter)

And people seem to think he said it for anything other than to get votes.

He was never going to do anything with it should he have won the vote. He would sidestep that subject had he got into office and you'd hear no more about it.

If thats not selling people air, then i dont know what is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    So your whole rebuttal to the liberal bias in Irish media argument is an article in a small local paper which calls Casey a weak candidate and is full of criticism of him, which appeared after the election?

You'd think someone who went to school with two salt of the earth journos would have better material no ?

• Advertisement

Ya see, This is how you attack singular posters who disagree with your premise. There was a poster yesterday attacked and name called . He has not come back.

Im afraid i dont fall for that nonsense, I can see name calling for what it is.

Some of the things posted at you have gone too far yes but you're not shy of sticking a few sly digs in yourself so maybe come down off the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hypothetically?

Conceptually.

I can't say if want a beer if I don't know what a beer is, stop putting unrealistic expectations on my shoulders.

Glazers Out!

Hypothetically ?

Doubt it,

It appears to be an exact definition :)

He said something to get votes, The job at hand has no impact on the subject he spoke about, And yes he took it straight out of the trump playbook. (he lives in the states so is immersed in the subject matter)

And people seem to think he said it for anything other than to get votes.

He was never going to do anything with it should he have won the vote. He would sidestep that subject had he got into office and you'd hear no more about it.

Losing it now - everyone who lives in the USA is "immersed in Trump" ?

Must tell the cousins over there, they'll get a kick out of that.

nullzero wrote: »
    Conceptually.

I can't say if want a beer if I don't know what a beer is, stop putting unrealistic expectations on my shoulders.

See if you had a pub you'd know and could tell others! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

You don't know that, neither do I.

Like all politicians, yeah. That's why I suggested he do something useful.

Some of the things posted at you have gone too far yes but you're not shy of sticking a few sly digs in yourself so maybe come down off the horse.

examples needed please.

I have not name called anyone

I have not told anyone that they cant spell.

I have not told anyone that they need to go back to primary education

I have not told anyone that they are lying.

I have not questioned peoples sanity.

But sure thats the level of response you can expect from people that are outraged about something that id garner they have no real expertise in.

°°°°°

See if you had a pub you'd know and could tell others! :D:D:D

Listermint is barred for being obtuse.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No I do not own a pub. However, I am perfectly capable of honestly answering an hypothetical question without deflection.

I dunno why everyone's being weird about this. I'll answer honestly. I got a few pubs when I was about 12 years old.

Losing it now - everyone who lives in the USA is "immersed in Trump" ?

Must tell the cousins over there, they'll get a kick out of that.

Why did you quote something different to what i said ?

Who said immersed in trump ?

Americans are immersed in american politics right now, are you arguing against that? I suggest chatting to your cousins then, might not get the response you want.

Again why do you change posts to words i didnt write, seems to be a tactic deployed here regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

There are 2 halting sites beside me,

Lets get a bit factual here.

The first is approx 1km due north. The second is approx 4km due east of that.

So what else do you want to discuss ?

Speaking of facts, I didn't see an answer to my question.

Where do you live by the way?

That all sounds quite... hypothetical.

nullzero wrote: »
    Listermint is barred for being obtuse.

Is it my insensitivity or my empathy thats doing that ?

The Irony of the statement considering the subject matter.

Not lost.

examples needed please.

But sure thats the level of response you can expect from people that are outraged about something that id garner they have no real expertise in.

Posts #8551, #8555, #8585, #8587 and #8589. All contains sly digs from you to others.

I got bored reading the nonsense after that.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Speaking of facts, I didn't see an answer to my question.

Where do you live by the way?

Wicklow,

why ? you coming to get me with your outrage pose ?

I used to live in Tallaght there are halting sites all over the place.

what time should i expect you ?

• Advertisement

Posts #8551, #8555, #8585, #8587 and #8589. All contains sly digs from you to others.

Can you link them or did you just number them so they could not be quickly referenced ?

Why did you quote something different to what i said ?

Who said immersed in trump ?

Americans are immersed in american politics right now, are you arguing against that? I suggest chatting to your cousins then, might not get the response you want.

Again why do you change posts to words i didnt write, seems to be a tactic deployed here regularly.

Your ACTUAL words!

I give up trying to debate with you, it's like herding kittens. But way WAY less cute!

All you do is call people outraged. You're no better than anyone else for mud slinging. (Not literally slinging mud, before we go off on a tangent.)

Omackeral wrote: »
    All you do is call people outraged. You're no better than anyone else for mud slinging. (Not literally slinging mud, before we go off on a tangent.)

Hypothetically slinging mud ? ;)

°°°°°

Is it my insensitivity or my empathy thats doing that ?

The Irony of the statement considering the subject matter.

Not lost.

The irony of your officially tested empathy not being applicable to a simple question that requires empathy to answer is more glaringly obvious.

You never addressed my other post about how answering the question honestly would scupper your argument. You're something of an artful dodger aren't you?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

i have reported the racist anti traveller posts in this threads but the moderators are not sanctiuoning the offenders

for example i reported post 7275 and it stll has no red card

There are no racist anti traveller posts in this thread.

People are describing the effects travellers have on their lives and trying in some cases to explain the popularity of Casey, a totally unknown individual who managed in some constituencies to get more votes that the cuddly teddy who has spent the last seven years in the ARas and to be honest apart from writing terrible poetry seems to have nothing to show for the salary and perks that go with this job.

Can you not understand a lot of people are exasperated about criminality in the travelling community and even more annoyed that they seem to be untouchable.

Why do you want this conversation shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Wicklow,

My outrage post?! Are you confusing me with someone else?!:eek:

I would ask are you on the sauce today but I know about your aversion to spending time in pubs.

Still haven't answered my question on whether you have a problem with it, or would have a problem with more.

Seen as you supposedly lived in Tallaght, I'd have thought it would be easy to see why one may have a problem with them. If you can't think of any reasons why, perhaps do a bit of googling into the objections to proposed halting sites, in more 'leafy' parts of Dublin. Or for kicks, take a wander through one of them one day and see what happens to you, perhaps take a few snaps at the state of the place to really get things going.

examples needed please.

Will in me hoop. You're perfectly capable of reading through your own posts.

Cheers!
    Wicklow,

Ah here. I've some Tallaght folk (not the good kind) living close by, I can see why your expectations would be lower than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: listermint previously threadbanned. Now lifted.

Also, no more grammar naziism from anybody. There has been a lot on both sides but going forward, it's zero tolerance. Grammar nazis add nothing to the debate.

And lastly, for the love of all that is mighty, stop talking about pubs!

• Advertisement

Can I ask DSVC, was the grammar naziism the reason it was closed?

We're only talking hypothetically about pubs :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement