Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Traveller crime gang in England behind 250 burglaries in 11 months netting them £2million, BBC selective in their mention of the T wurd like de RTE...

Daily Mail story
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6343377/Smash-grab-traveller-gang-admit-netting-2m-haul-11-month-crime-spree.html

BBC story
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46060729

If tried here, those 250 burglaries would net them at least 250 concurrent sentences of 3 months, with time off for good behaviour and backdated to July 2018.

But this trial is in the U.K. so hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edward M wrote: »
    He spoiled the election for a lot of other candidates, his percentage certainly took from all the others.
    He might be the biggest buffoon in Ireland, but that doesn't make his points about travellers or welfare any less relevant.
    I see a theme here of rubbishing him. There are permeantations of why that might be politically.
    Let's just say for instance he took say 5/6% off Ni Riada, that makes her campaign look like a failure as compared to 12/13% she may have had, giving SF something to present a positive slant on.
    If he runs in an election and perhaps with a party it would pay the other party's to try to rubbish him.
    His points struck a cord with a large percentage of voters, that makes his pitch dangerous going forward to the established and emerging party's like SF.
    I can easily see why we'll known certain party supporters would try to rubbish him, despite substantial evidence his points are valid.
    Certain stances don't surprise me at all.

:D:D The conspiracy theory is in.:D:D Would there ever be a chance that people don't like stunts like his, full stop?

For the record, I said early on that Ni Riada was the wrong pick and wouldn't be getting my vote anyhow. Seems she wasn't the candidate for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Strangely enough, as someone who would never vote SF, Ni Riada brought me as close as I ever could to voting. Certainly if she was independent, I would have considered her.

She didnt look SF or sound SF. I guess that is why the SF voters didnt take to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Marian Keyes and other Libs melting down on twitter over Casey on the Late Late

Unbelievable how little it takes to offend them

Melting:):)

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

:D:D The conspiracy theory is in.:D:D Would there ever be a chance that people don't like stunts like his, full stop?

For the record, I said early on that Ni Riada was the wrong pick and wouldn't be getting my vote anyhow. Seems she wasn't the candidate for many.

SF should have used their brains and put Peadar Toibin up instead of Leagha.
    Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
    He is not going to run for them again anyway over his stance on abortion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

SF should have used their brains and put Peadar Toibin up instead of Leagha.
    Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
    He is not going to run for them again anyway over his stance on abortion.
    He's going and hes taking his seat with him. He's the only decent one left of them.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    you really think that the gardai were softening on SF ? where do you get that from . The murder of friends isnt something you soften on .

A POS like connors acting like a POS wouldn't have any impact on that
    Was 22 years ago though, some younger Gardai I knew were softening on SF. There was a lot cuts and closing stations under FG in recent years but pay etc has been improved recently.

On a related note the wife of one of Jerry McCabes killers(Pearse Mccauley ) is running for Sinn Fein in Cavan /Monaghan next election. Mccauley is doing another 12 year sentence now for attempted murder of his wife in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

hahahahaha i'd say ryano is sh1ttin bricks
    he's going to get called out BIGTIME

if peter casey calls out tubs on his half million salary

Half million in fees, he's not an RTE employee, he's a contractor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I am guessing Casey will be on LLS around 11.29pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Was 22 years ago though, some younger Gardai I knew were softening on SF. There was a lot cuts and closing stations under FG in recent years but pay etc has been improved recently.

Murder is Murder and they are linked to more recent killings of gardai and the shielding of criminals from justice

SF/IRA are still one of the major crime organisations in this county between protection rackets and drug dealing, large scale frauds. plant thefts, running doors in night clubs and pubs.

you can be fairly sure no gardai will vote for SF no mater what.

• Advertisement

I have to say I’d somewhat surprised at SF’s new strategy of appealing to the hypocritical bourgeoisie of Kingstown rather than rural voters.

I suppose they’ve been kicked so long by the southside press (masquerading as a national press) that they think that particular bubble is Representative of the plain folk of Ireland.

A few years from now we’re probably going to have to put up with Ard Fheis workshops on the “white supremacism of 1916”, “Sinn Fein, a problematic separatist name” and “Irish: the fascistic language of rural Irish facist muck savages who don’t like travellers because they are fascist”.

Guest speaker - Fintan O’Toole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

a clever contractor
    i'd love if peter gave him a ****in puck in the jaw

That alone would be worth the licence fee

I have to say I’d somewhat surprised at SF’s new strategy of appealing to the hypocritical bourgeoisie of Kingstown rather than rural voters.

I suppose they’ve been kicked so long by the southside press (masquerading as a national press) that they think that particular bubble is Representative of the plain folk of Ireland.

A few years from now we’re probably going to have to put up with Ard Fheis workshops on the “white supremacism of 1916”, “Sinn Fein, a problematic separatist name” and “Irish: the fascistic language of rural Irish facist muck savages who don’t like travellers because they are fascist”.

Guest speaker - Fintan O’Toole.

I seen one of their Dublin councillors Sarah Holland retweet something earlier from an American about "White people being the worlds biggest terrorists"

Fairly ironic stuff from a Sinn Fein politician ?? They seem to be tring to import American style identity politics stuff. Think they are in cloud cuckoo land

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

tretorn wrote: »
    Part of the reason the Gardai wore balaclavas was in case corrosive substances were thrown at their faces.

The other reason would be the online witch hunt that would be directed against them. Why should Gardai put their lives and their families lives at risk when they are carrying out orders to do their job.

Yeah that first point was bull****. A bavaclava will do nothing against corrosive substances.
    What they should have done was wear their riot gear. Everything would have been a lot better then as they could have said “we’re just prepared in case of any issues” and all good.
    Instead they wore bacaclavas and looked like bloody terrorists. Whatever dumbass decided that should get their assss kicked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I seen one of their Dublin councillors Sarah Holland retweet something earlier from an American about "White people being the worlds biggest terrorists"

Fairly ironic stuff from a Sinn Fein politician ?? They seem to be tring to import American style identity politics stuff. Think they are in cloud cuckoo land
    Obviously not picking their candidates for their Brain Power !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Murder is Murder and they are linked to more recent killings of gardai and the shielding of criminals from justice

SF/IRA are still one of the major crime organisations in this county between protection rackets and drug dealing, large scale frauds. plant thefts, running doors in night clubs and pubs.

you can be fairly sure no gardai will vote for SF no mater what.

Ah, I'd say there's a few gardai with republican sympathies now.
    Very few with traveller sympathies I'd say, when you're on the line watching what these guys do it's not the same as believing in a cause that might lead to a united Ireland or something.
    Safe to say that there are SF supporters in the gardai I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/31/don-lemons-attack-on-white-men-isnt-merely-racist-its-incredibly-misleading/

This is a good take down of that idiot Don Lemon's comments. The "White men" he talks about are linked only by their skin colour. They clearly aren't ideologically alligned. It would be like calling all black murders in the US terrorist related because all the culprits are black. Insane stuff from a CNN journalist....again.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

This is the last line of the 2nd paragraph of the above article.

CNN host Don Lemon explained to his colleague Chris Cuomo, before telling him that “the biggest terror threat in this country is white men,” adding that “there is no travel ban on them”

Never heard of "the federalist" until now, why would anyone give that outlet the time of day, having listened to what Lemon actually said?
    LIfe, is just too short.

Is it coz I am a white man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

State ambush on the late late show tonight

• Advertisement

This is the last line of the 2nd paragraph of the above article.

CNN host Don Lemon explained to his colleague Chris Cuomo, before telling him that “the biggest terror threat in this country is white men,” adding that “there is no travel ban on them”

Never heard of "the federalist" until now, why would anyone give that outlet the time of day, having listened to what Lemon actually said?
    LIfe, is just too short.

Why would there be a travel ban on Europeans? America’s violence is indigenous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

tretorn wrote: »
    Will Margaret Cash and her tribe of angles be on. I hope she brings the father of her children too, I would like a few questions to be put to him.

Wouldn't that be amazing. Between them and Casey the LLS would break all viewing records.

I hope they do it like wrestling. Casey comes out to "Why Can't We Be Friends", 75% of the audience boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I see Andy Lee is on the Late Late tonight. Very articulate and always seemed like a really nice guy. I would love if him and Casey were on at the same time. It would be interesting to see if Casey could hold his own against Lee in a debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah but Casey is well aware of it too. He is a good speaker and he must be confident he can hold his own.
    The more airtime he gets the more support hevwill get too if he comes across even close to sane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah that first point was bull****. A bavaclava will do nothing against corrosive substances.
    What they should have done was wear their riot gear. Everything would have been a lot better then as they could have said “we’re just prepared in case of any issues” and all good.
    Instead they wore bacaclavas and looked like bloody terrorists. Whatever dumbass decided that should get their assss kicked.

I didnt think they looked like terrorists, I understood their need to cover up. I appreciated that young men were prepared to accept orders to protect private property against unemployed layabouts who want houses to be provided by taxpayers.

The Gardai for the most part are very professional and if we didnt have this resource to protect us and our property then society will break down.

If the Gardai had dressed in their riot gear there would be moaning too.

If unemployed layabouts and students not attending lectures didnt break the Law then Gardai wouldnt have to attend these dangerous situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Peter Casey should do a 'Leo Varadkar' tonight and bring with him this weeks Carlow Nationalist front-page, to show the audience.

facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2030490837012825&id=233149060080354&fs=1&focus_composer=0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

No doubt there'll be interaction with the audience, on a night which by chance will have travellers sitting in every third seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

doylefe wrote: »
    No doubt there'll be interaction with the audience, on a night which by chance will have travellers sitting in every third seat.

They probabably have every one of the 0.5% of travellers who actually work there tonight.

Thats the usual methodology of the Late Late Show .

Bushwhack and Ambush anyone that does not follow the Politically Correct Line .

The Media and Political establishment want to decide what the Irish People talk about and think about .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The travellers will be handpicked too but Margaret Casey and the endless coverage she got will be hard to recover from. The father of her children got no coverage st all. RTE will fill the studio with inoffensive female travellers who will talk about how hard life is for young travellers.
    Its all so predictable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement