Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Dangerous dangerous man. Half cocked, half informed.

Still ran runs around the incoherent hatchet jobs waiting in the audience. And that's saying something seen as Casey seems to barely know where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Does he know anything about society or politics at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Tubridy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

He's also rude to other speakers, unaware of the political and sociological developments in Ireland and quite obviously stupid.

Some of that would be more bearable if he paid any tax here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

givyjoe wrote: »
    Still ran runs around the incoherent hatchet jobs waiting in the audience. And that's saying something seen as Casey seems to barely know where he is.

He just waffled ffs. Jesus, do 23% want this man running a country?

• Advertisement

RTE impartial and balanced in carefully hand-picking two university educated travellers, which is completely unreflective of vast majority.

I would question how much the journalist actually attended class, made a fool of himself. I don't think either speakers did themselves any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Not really a fan of Casey but this is a little bit of a setup.

In general, the whole traveller debate in Ireland is crying out for a reasoned and compassionate debate about the glaring disproportionate social issues in the travelling community, the bogus ethnic designation and how the avoidance/suppression of said honest discussion actually condemns future traveller generations to a future of social issues and marginalization

As it stands though, the debate is colonized by the familiar political extremes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No they want travellers held accountable for their criminal actions and entitlement culture

He ran for president, who does **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Why does he even want to be a politician, he seems to be a complete gob****e who knows nothing about politics? I’m baffled :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Alas, some do. And I'm bemused by how anyone tuning in tonight would be taken in by this snakeoil salesman.

Not really a fan of Casey but this is a little bit of a setup.

In general, the whole traveller debate in Ireland is crying out for a reasoned debate about the glaring disproportionate social issues in the travelling community, the bogus ethnic designation and how the avoidance of said honest discussion actually condemns future traveller generations to a future of social issues and marginalization

As it stands though, the debate is colonized by the familiar political extremes.

It isn't going to be sorted on prime time chat shows nor by this idiot. I have never called a politician an 'idiot' btw. It's a first for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tubridy out of order here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

TBH, I agree with you Francie. He is waffling.

Fair play to him though for highlighting important issues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Ryan is an absolute arse altogether. He thinks he is making a fool out of Casey but it's just not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Well done time to put the light on this “minority” and show them for the bull they spout
    Travelers contribute nothing to this country in any form expect take take take and play the victim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It isn't going to be sorted on prime time chat shows nor by this idiot. I have never called a politician an 'idiot' btw. It's a first for me.

I'd agree, as a left leaning Liberal that I don't particularly like him but he's the wrong person making some valid points in the wrong way if that makes sense.

Ryan is an absolute arse altogether. He thinks he is making a fool out of Casey but it's just not working.

Tubridy had great help tonight. I cannot believe this guy has any credibility left tbh.

No. We want respect from our fellow citizens. We want our fellow citizens to contribute to the running of our country. We want all citizens held accountable for their situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

People were so desperate to have something done about travellers they would have voted for anyone who queried the ethnic status.
    That’s the reality that needs to be faced up to.
    And putting a traveller ucd graduate working in Pavee point isn’t going to change things.
    I wonder how many travellers are employed in Pavee point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

He doesnt know which councils nominated him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Poor Tubs, he loves travellers and the Clintons but despises Casey.

Soft boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jesus that was way worse a set up that I could have imagined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

RTE impartial and balanced in carefully hand-picking two university educated travellers, which is completely unreflective of vast majority.

And they could barely string a sentence together. What are the uneducated ones like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Have we ever seen such a loaded interview in all the years of watching this f##ked up, nepotist ridden, insular, waste of taxpayers cash, embarrassment of a State Broadcaster than this!!!! When you consider that this show has interviewed some shower of gangsters over the years!!!

I'd agree, as a left leaning Liberal that I don't particularly like him but he's the wrong person making some valid points in the wrong way if that makes sense.

No problem saying the issues need to be talked about. But this guy is just divisive, ignorant, self aggrandising and short of several marbles tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

This guy is a clown.

Hard to believe so many people fell for it.

Interview with Casey was a sham and farce, thankfully it all backfired on Tubs and his audience plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Jesus that was way worse a set up that I could have imagined.

I'd love to know how many questions he fired at Casey versus every other guest or even politician he has interviewed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

He's all Gay Byrne interviewing Annie Murphy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement