Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

tubridy 0 1 casey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Phoebas wrote: »
    This guy is a clown.

Hard to believe so many people fell for it.

He was hired by RTE, we'd no choice in the matter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Casey is being gifted open goals here but he doesn't even realise he's in a game.

He should have, very legitimately, played up his hometown when talking about racism and discrimination. How about reminding the establishment audience that his fellow Derrymen were systematically and brutally murdered, oppressed and pissed upon by
    another establishment... that's not a million miles from the one he faces now?

He's well travelled, he probably knows well how aboriginals in Australia were treated, the way things went in America over the years, as real discrimination. A couple of handpicked students in the audience is all he's up against here. And he struggles.

Tubridy asked about cuts... How about the working families of Ireland not being forced to pay for RTE under threat of prison?

I don't mind Peter Casey, he injected a bit of an anti- establishment shot into the farce that is the presidential race but if he had any notions, he's sadly lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven't seen this but I take it we'll see articles in the paper saying viewers praise Ryan for his interview and include a few Tweets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

This guy is a clown.

Nobody cares that he's a clown, and people didn't fall for anything. He had no great plan.

He made a statement and didn't back down against the outraged leftist mob. That's why people voted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Have to laugh at Tubridy with his hard man with the tough questions act. Backfired hugely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Well we were right total ambush by Tub and RTE, not sure how that worked for them thought Peter done okay considering he had a load of travellers roaring abuse at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Have to laugh at Tubridy with his hard man with the tough questions act. Backfired hugely.

Casey: Have you lost control of this?
    Turbidy: You'd know if I'd lost control.

peter casey is as honest as the day is long

tubridy should be locked up in a mental asylum,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Ryan has the audacity to rib Casey on tax when his own lilly livered gombeen self availed of the artist's exemption for his JFK book. If I was Casey I'd have done my research and ripped him a new arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No problem saying the issues need to be talked about. But this guy is just divisive, ignorant, self aggrandising and short of several marbles tbh.

Is he joining Labour 😉

Tubridy an embarrassment for his attempt at an ambush on Casey.

absloutely spineless
    and we make him a millionaire every 2 years
    boycott rte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Is Casey's wife very smart and deal with his company or does he have a hidden business-brain that is not on show? He comes across as a near-simpleton with scant idea of how the welfare or political system works. A tiny bit of prep would have done the job. And no setup at all, after his remarks he has to expect questions and challenges. He got off very lightly, I think Tubridy actually felt a little sorry for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

doylefe wrote: »
    And they could barely string a sentence together. What are the uneducated ones like?
    Exactly, barely able to string a sentence together all they could do was get aggressive. The fat one in particular .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

doylefe wrote: »
    Nobody cares that he's a clown, and people didn't fall for anything. He had no great plan.

He made a statement and didn't back down against the outraged leftist mob. That's why people voted for him.

'Outraged leftist mob'?
    That sounds pretty bad - luckily it's just imaginary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

how bad are FG/FF when a mad uncle like casey actually starts to become a contender?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well we were right total ambush by Tub and RTE, not sure how that worked for them thought Peter done okay considering he had a load of travellers roaring abuse at him.

:D:D:D:D The man is a joke. He fell apart in front of you. He couldn't articulate a thought past a sound byte through the whole interview.

I am no fan of Tubridy or the media of this country but I never doubted they had intelligence.

Honestly, I am now willing to believe that those who still support this ego driven idiot are similarly inflicted and the caricature is correct.

RTE impartial and balanced in carefully hand-picking two university educated travellers, which is completely unreflective of vast majority.

people criticise RTE but you have to admit they are unbiased and balanced :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This guy is a clown.

He said things that needed to be said, that he wasn't meant to say and it pissed off the modern Priest Class who have taken over the Left and liberal circles.

Many if those who vote for Casey may well include themselves on the Left ,as do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

As I said previously. Casey is old SDLP, he is not going to start some right wing party.

• Advertisement

Ryan has the audacity to rib Casey on tax when his own lilly livered gombeen self availed of the artist's exemption for his JFK book. If I was Casey I'd have done my research and ripped him a new arsehole.

This Kennedy obsession cræp of his?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcinvSdsq6j15Lm8vgXYYwQ-B_NtcJF-ycF7T6b5bWyrX-xE6u9Q

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

emo72 wrote: »
    how bad are FG/FF when a mad uncle like casey actually starts to become a contender?

He hasn’t....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

tretorn wrote: »
    People were so desperate to have something done about travellers they would have voted for anyone who queried the ethnic status.
    That’s the reality that needs to be faced up to.
    And putting a traveller ucd graduate working in Pavee point isn’t going to change things.
    I wonder how many travellers are employed in Pavee point.

the ethnic status of travelers isn't going to change. they are an ethnic minority. no amount of nashing of teeth and pounding the keyboard will change that.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I'll say one thing about Casey's performance tonight.

LOL

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

The weird thing is that David McWilliams was on shortly before, basically saying that society is going to **** because it's being run in a unsustainable way that is forcing the working men and women to carry the can for everything. Obviously the traveller "issue" wasn't part of it but there were many parallels that could be drawn between the two guests. Tubridy is incapable of seeing this, or is unwilling to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

No problem saying the issues need to be talked about. But this guy is just divisive, ignorant, self aggrandising and short of several marbles tbh.

The fact that the issues can't be talked about without a demented lobby chorus singing off the ethnic or racist hymn sheet means people will swing to any moron that tries to highlight it in whatever ham-fisted way.

The simple fact is that travellers are not an ethnic minority and the traveller culture (that our parents and grandparents would have known) is now defunct.

Travellers are now a subsection of the Irish working class that need to be subject to the same social expectations required of the 'settled' community and require their hugely disproportionate social issues to be addressed (and obviously helped) without giving anybody a get out clause on the grounds of 'ethnicity'.

Exactly, barely able to string a sentence together all they could do was get aggressive. The fat one in particular .

They only work off script, honesty isn't a topic at the self empowerment and ethnic rights classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Maybe he could use the 12 coppers to carry college students to class:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    what a ****ing idiot.
    You racists always have to scrape the bottom of the barrel whenever you get someone to play upfront.

Or is it that, amoung you he's the cream of the crop.

Why does he even want to be a politician, he seems to be a complete gob****e who knows nothing about politics? I’m baffled :confused:

you are fake news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As I said previously. Casey is old SDLP, he is not going to start some right wing party.
    Absolutely this.
    He sounds like Austin Currie. Who decamped to a nice cosy constituency in Cork? when the going got tough in Tyrone and was called Chicken Currie in our house. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement