Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Martin Collins was asked by Miriam tonight about why travellers are 30x more likely to be in prison than settled people.

His answer? It's because of the racist government.

**** off will ye! It's because you're a bunch of criminals. Nothing else.

He also said that the issue of travellers education needs looked at.

Does it Martin? You do know every traveller has exactly the same access to education as my children? But if their parents don't send them, nothing the government can do about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

dav3 wrote: »
    Someone called him a racist right to his face on live television. You'd think the first thing he'd do today would be to issue a statement distancing himself from all racism and let it be known he'd be seeing Gallagher in court for slander.

Instead we get him barely able to string a coherent sentence together during a very odd photo op.

I can't believe he's 61 either. He looks much older. He comes across as someone very frail, both mentally and physically.
    gulity until proven innocent, straight from the feinstein book of tricks:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

"we're talking about him here tonight"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Lol.. The One Percent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

i hear there's a CPO on 4 acres in Thurles and they are trying to block it in the courts the county council are caving into the demand for the acres i hope they will micro chip the horses and have them passported like i have to do with my horse in exchange for the land at least try to put some manners on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

NIMAN wrote: »
    Martin Collins was asked by Miriam tonight about why travellers are 30x more likely to be in prison than settled people.

His answer? It's because of the racist government.

**** off will ye! It's because you're a bunch of criminals. Nothing else.

I didn't see the show, but I will rely on your integrity for reporting the truth of the matter :p

So once again the only vocabulary available in defence is the R word. And it doesn't even apply!

I am fed up now. Really, that no one is challenging this shyte. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Margaret Cash being discussed now.Would this be happening if Casey had said nowt?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

eeepaulo wrote: »
    "we're talking about him here tonight"

380 people have voted in the poll on this site and he got just over 200 of those votes.
    :) That might be marginally better than the 1% he has in the country.

He should have run for President of Boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Vote Casey.

I didn't see the show, but I will rely on your integrity for reporting the truth of the matter :p

So once again the only vocabulary available in defence is the R word. And it doesn't even apply!

He said paraphrasing 'What do you say of our government (or society) that a low percentage of travellers go to college and a high percentage are in prison.'

• Advertisement

i hear there's a CPO on 4 acres in Thurles and they are trying to block it in the courts the county council are caving into the demand for the acres i hope they will micro chip the horses and have them passported like i have to do with my horse in exchange for the land at least try to put some manners on them.

OK,

1. Where is the CPO? Is it across the road from the newly built houses without stables?
    2. Why are they (Guessing Travellers) blocking this in the courts?
    3. Are the CC "caving in". I sincerely hope not.

I hope you can clarify. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I hope the travellers dont mske their way to his house to get even.
    I wouldnt draw men with slash hooks on myself.

Free land. That is all.

elperello wrote: »
    Activists generating click bait deserve to be called out but FN is a pernicious slur on the profession.

Just look what the Saud gangsters did in Turkey.
    ya like micahael d's heroes from south america had "issues" with journalists :rolleyes:

Before I hit the leaba....

The situation in Tipp is terrible.

Either they accept the state of the art houses without their acres, stables, grazing and horses or they don't.

If they don't there is no chance that anyone not associated with those who have been allocated those houses would be comfortable living there at all. Can you imagine?

Neat game. Time to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

380 people have voted in the poll on this site and he got just over 200 of those votes.
    :) That might be marginally better than the 1% he has in the country.

He should have run for President of Boards.

I dont win €250.50 for that though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

autumn2018 wrote: »
    ya like micahael d's heroes from south america had "issues" with journalists :rolleyes:

I'm not here to defend Michael D or any repressive regime in South America or anywhere else.

The current FN trend is dangerous to journalists and affects our right to know what is going on in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Either they accept the state of the art houses without their acres, stables, grazing and horses or they don't.

If they don't there is no chance that anyone not associated with those who have been allocated those houses would be comfortable living there at all. Can you imagine?

More confusion about what is going on there. Stoked by generalised rabblerousing by Casey.
    They have been reported as “refusing” to move into a €1.7 million development of six houses across the road, because they want stables and a half-acre of land, per house, for their horses.

The families, however, say they have not been invited to move into the houses, and have not asked the council for stables, but rather grazing land adjacent to the houses.

They say if a resolution cannot be found they would be happy to see the houses offered to settled families on the council’s waiting list.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/travellers-and-council-clash-over-grazing-land-for-horses-1.3663379

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dav3 wrote: »
    I think we can all see you're being disingenuous here. Either that or you're living your life in some make-believe fantasy land shut off from reality.

That's the pot calling the tinker black. Done responding to you. You're dealing in minus credibility territory at this stage. Ps I live in the real world, you should join us sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Tipp Co Co will cave to their demands. I guarantee it.

It's a disgraceful situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The reality Ireland is one of the least racist countries in the world due to its lack of colonial past.
    Despite that the general population don’t like travellers because apparently they are ‘racist’ even though the travellers are native Irish people of the same skin colour and religion as their ‘oppressors’.
    When will the penny drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sub-culture. No more, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

More confusion about what is going on there. Stoked by generalised rabblerousing by Casey.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/travellers-and-council-clash-over-grazing-land-for-horses-1.3663379

No confusion at all, they got caught out being entitled greedy ****s and have now changed the tune. Its not the councils responsibility to source land for their horses.

They should look into that themselves like everyone else would have to and you know actually pay for it?

Ah yes, the fragrant Kitty Holland. (Irish PC Times).

I doubt she lives anywhere near a Traveller. But can tell us all how to do it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

20 quid lying in my PP online account.

15 euro on him as a "bet without MDH" @ 16-1
    5E on him to become president @ 100-1.

Sure it's a bit of craic and worth a punt. :)

No wonder Enda Kenny fell off the face of the Earth. He brought this in (with a compliant party) and hasn't been seen since.

I suppose he is hoping for a lucrative job in Europe sorting out the Roma or something now.

slowly starting to understand how the french felt before the revolution
    sick of the ****ing lot of them

Tipp Co Co will cave to their demands. I guarantee it.

It's a disgraceful situation.

Why do you think they will? Would the majority of Tipp people support that stance do you think?

I don't know the local stuff that goes on, but honestly, what the fk.

There needs to be a biteen of a fightback surely.

elperello wrote: »
    You do know that worldwide about 65 journalists were killed doing their job last year?

Lazy stereotypes like FN only serve to jeopardise the lives of members of the fourth estate who play a vital role in our increasingly fragile democracies.

your psuedo-reverse-psychology has no power here

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

i live in a quiet rural area of dublin. years ago the council built a house for an old neighbour on about a half acre. when he died, they moved in the first traveller family. the whole area was up in arms and actually started a petition to the council to stop them moving in. my family refused to sign it as we figured live and let live.

anyhow since they settled in over the years, they've moved in about 10 mobile homes onto the site so that it's now a mini halting site. they fly up and down the rural country road in their northern reg vans and cars and are intimidating to all other road users on the narrow lane. rubbish everywhere. one of my dogs was stolen by their cohorts and was returned only after a high "ransom" was paid. my life and my animals lives have been threatened by them. their dogs have been responsible for lots of sheep attacks and kills in the area. one local farmer left their shot alsatian on the roadside outside their house and they happily left it there rotting for 2 weeks before i called the council to have it removed.

summer long weekends are bad when the drinking parties start. the worst was last May when a party descended into chaos around midnight and the screaming (including childrens) started. i think someone got stabbed that night. i live half mile away from them and heard it clear as day and had to call the guards cos i thought somebody would be killed. everything went quiet when the guards turned up. incidentally an old woman who lived here all her life in a house beside them died that night. sad to think her last hours were spent listening to them killing each other.

moral of the story, if i could go back in time i would absolutely sign the petition against them moving in in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

autumn2018 wrote: »
    your psuedo-reverse-psychology has no power here

Fine, if that's your best shot I can live with the disappointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement