Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

mfceiling wrote:
    That's a shame that these brand new houses are "no good to them". Hopefully some poor homeless family will get one of these lovely homes.

Do you think the lives of some homeless family will improve if they are housed across the road from the Traveller families who are in dispute with the council about the houses in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,831 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mfceiling wrote: »
    That's a shame that these brand new houses are "no good to them".
    Hopefully some poor homeless family will get one of these lovely homes.

Well the family are quoted as being happy where they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    In the words of Monty Burns ' Release the hounds'.

Ms. Lawlor more or less put it up to him, her distress evident.

He didn't do very well on that, and fell on the poor me, victim response and I see it is being taken up here.

So he's using the Pavee Point defense? Well played Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Did Casey really say he had no idea travellers had been officially recognised by the state as an ethnic minority?

Oh boy, Calamity Casey rides again.

I suppose news outlets in the US possibly running with him being called a 'racist candidate' and his children having to listen to their father being called a racist every day, would probably take it's toll on him alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

dav3 wrote:
    I suppose news outlets in the US possibly running with him being called a 'racist candidate' and his children having to listen to their father being called a racist every day, would probably take it's toll on him alright.

I asked you is Peter a racist Yes or No , still unable or unwilling to answer a simple question I see.

This post has been deleted.

Leo suggesting how people should vote could come back to bite him on the a**.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭touts

I think it was Aine Lawlor. And indeed it was truly shocking. I just could not believe what I was hearing.

I have fired off an email to RTE in disgust.

The last thing that man is is racist, but she would not let it go. Poor man is being savaged.

It reminded me of the sort of bullying and harrassment any liberal would have gotten on conservative RTE 50 years ago. But now the wheel has gone 180 and now the liberal RTE is bullying and harrasing anyone who is even mildly right of center. The thing about wheels is they keep moving and I can see a real move to the right emerging among ordinary people in response to the extremist Liberal agenda being imposed on us. All it needs is some proper organisation and support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,831 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

touts wrote: »
    It reminded me of the sort of bullying and harrassment any liberal would have gotten on conservative RTE 50 years ago. But now the wheel has gone 180 and now the liberal RTE is bullying and harrasing anyone who is even mildly right of center. The thing about wheels is they keep moving and I can see a real move to the right emerging among ordinary people in response to the extremist Liberal agenda being imposed on us. All it needs is some proper organisation and support.

All Peter has to do now is have a go at de immigrants and he'll be canonised.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I asked you is Peter a racist Yes or No , still unable or unwilling to answer a simple question I see.

I can't remember what I answered. You should try to find it, it's back there somewhere.

Casey should look at the polls on after hours, he's a shoe-in. There's no need for the others even turning up.

The whole 'Peter Casey is a Racist' claim following him around the globe, is not good optics for a business man I'll agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

In one succinct sentence, explain why wanting all members of one race and nationality to be equal is "racist" ?

Spoiler alert - you can't, as it's not.

He doesn't want Travellers to be 'equal' - he wants them to essentially stop being Travellers and to assimilate into the rest of society, rather than coexisting as a distinct ethnic group.
    :confused:

The poster I was quoting (Dr Brown) hates lots of other groups too, not just Travellers. That he is still here after almost 1,000 posts tells you all you need to know about what After Hours has become. I suspect he's not even a real doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

If he gets 12.5% he can claim 200,000 euro in expenses. The others are desperate to get their expenses back and have loans and remortgages to pay.

I know Casey says in interviews he’s not driven by money but he’s some man if he just gives up and writes that money off. Bizarre

The ballot papers are printed already, he will be on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭KildareP

dav3 wrote: »

Fear not, this isn't making news in the UK, never mind the USA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

touts wrote: »

This. So called liberals preventing people from having an opinion and then all the fake distress and concern being shown is going to cause serious problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Of course he's going to win, around 60% of the first round of votes according to this forum. Unless people are suggesting that after hours is not representative of the Irish public and the owner of the website has allowed it to be taken over by a tiny but vocal minority, most of which aren't Irish, or live in Ireland, whose views are not in line with the Irish people.

God the naivete of that point. Its full of embittered keyboard warriors,pub bores(where travellers never get served.....equal my arse). The share of the vote which Casey ultimately gets will demonstrate this to you. I can agree with people feeling that their opinions are not properly represented on many mainstream media outlets...but this dog whistle politics needs to be called out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Does Leo Varadkar even realize the unbelievable gaff he made by telling people to 'send a strong message to Peter Casey at the polls'. Like, he's clearly not that thick, so why would he come out with something like that?

I just don't understand what it is with certain media outlets and politicians in recent times generating a nations supposed outrage when about 80% of the population don't agree with the narrative (Margaret Cash, now this Peter Casey thing).

Margaret Cash was being spun as a national hero and martyr, now Peter Casey's being labelled a racist and advocate for hate speech by raising some valid issues worthy of discussion....despite neither being even remotely close to a popular opinion.

Who is driving this agenda? Because it's going to backfire in spectacular fashion on the likes of Varadkar if he's not careful, but I don't understand why certain media sectors try to generate these ridiculous false narratives, who does it serve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Are these the houses in question?
    l7jMpvO.png

If so, they look fairly decent maybe even with solar yokes on the roof, and plenty of space to run a donkey or whatever about the place.

Interesting to see the odds for PC are now 100/1 in this, yet the poll here shows he's the favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This whole election campaign has been embarrassing from start to finish and it seems like only one or two people actually know the job they’re going for.

“Elect me and I’ll bring all the jobs to Ireland!”

“Well elect me and I’ll give you a United Ireland.”

“Don’t mind them lads, elect me and I’ll get rid of the travellers!”

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If he gets 12.5% he can claim 200,000 euro in expenses. The others are desperate to get their expenses back and have loans and remortgages to pay.

I know Casey says in interviews he’s not driven by money but he’s some man if he just gives up and writes that money off. Bizarre

The ballot papers are printed already, he will be on them

He's unlikely to get 12.5% of the vote, but any surge caused by his comments will probably take votes away from the other two 'Dragons' (both of whom have condemned him), more than any of the other candidates, and could prevent Gallagher from getting his deposit back. Which, admittedly, would be quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Interesting to see the odds for PC are now 100/1 in this, yet the poll here shows he's the favourite.

In fairness that's because After Hours is home to some mad aul right-wing crackpots who want everyone shot and/or deported.

And cut the dole!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will it be classed as a spoiled vote if you tick the Casey box and he is not running?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

In fairness that's because After Hours is home to some mad aul right-wing crackpots who want everyone shot and/or deported.

And cut the dole!
    hard working law abiding taxpayers sick of getting the ****ty end of the stick from the country

Sorted your mistake out there.

You're welcome.

Will it be classed as a spoiled vote if you tick the Casey box and he is not running?

As far as I know, he's running whether he likes it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

In fairness that's because After Hours is home to some mad aul right-wing crackpots who want everyone shot and/or deported. And cut the dole!

Sure that's it, everyone's a 'right-wing crackpot' these days, 17.4m brexitiers and all those Trump voters, oh and the Italians, and Austrians, and the V4 and anyone that reads the Mail, or stands on the right hand side of an escalator or has ever worn a pinstripe suit too. Mad, mad the lot of them.

Data suggests he was taking about 20% of bets, just ahead of Duffy, well that was just before his comments upset the social warriors.

KildareP wrote: »
    Fear not, this isn't making news in the UK, never mind the USA!

Not yet. Stories can appear out of the blue at any time. He has a few business interests in the US, of course certain areas will be targeted. Next up is wife and children are targeted and suddenly he finds himself in an actual presidential race.

He can't run away now just because a few people hurt his feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Keep going people and get out and vote, we can take down both political correctness and the bookies in one fell swoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Thing is, he's 100% right even if it's not pc. Everyone I know absolutely agree with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭KildareP

Not yet. Stories can appear out of the blue at any time. He has a few business interests in the US, of course certain areas will be targeted. Next up is wife and children are targeted and suddenly he finds himself in an actual presidential race.

He can't run away now just because a few people hurt his feelings.

In world rankings this just doesn't register on the list of important newsworthy items.

Not helped by the fact he's just another name in what seems to be a rapidly growing list of people who have been branded a racist in the world today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement