Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

wexie wrote:
    Innit funny how come it's never mentioned why they are genetically different?

It is mentioned, but ignored. I believe after the status was conferred six months later the results of a DNA study was released to explain the difference. No different than what you would get on the Arran Islands in no new blood was introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nobody has yet come on here and explained how his comments are racist.
    I don't believe they can but I'm still here waiting.
    Come on now lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Ah, can we have a game of cherrypicking settled versus traveller crime? Is that going to add anything to the debate do you think?
    We will try and outdo one another in depravity and violence...eh?

You're the one claiming travellers don't kill settled people. What about Paddy Lyons?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

JeffKenna wrote: »
    You're the one claiming travellers don't kill settled people. What about Paddy Lyons?

That's how this works as far as some are concerned they see no evil hear no evil when it comes to the travellers.

It's always an answer for why they are right, the virtue signalling doesn't allow for any compromise as they are rigtheous and the rest are just racisits.

Nobody has yet come on here and explained how his comments are racist. I don't believe they can but I'm still here waiting. Come on now lads.

Like you I'm still waiting. Only two days now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I certainly did not say that.

I asked you:
    'how many settled people where 'killed' that made yer man sure they were coming back to kill him'

So far we have one person killed in a robbery scenario and another in a rape scenario.

Is that enough for you to be 'sure' they are coming back to kill you, so you shoot them dead as they run away?

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Like you I'm still waiting. Only two days now.

The whole NPC meme seems to becoming a reality lol, no explanations are forth coming just labeling people racists and virtue signalling on an endless loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

In fairness,not excepting brand new houses because they didn’t have stables has to be the mother of all jokes!

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    In fairness,not excepting brand new houses because they didn’t have stables has to be the mother of all jokes!

Thats now a racist thought crime. You will need to be re-educated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Careful now apparently they 'only wanted grazing lands for their horses' not stables lol

Big change from when the story first broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Looking for land also aren't they? For grazing

Calhoun wrote:
    The whole NPC meme seems to becoming a reality lol, no explanations are forth coming just labeling people racists and virtue signalling on an endless loop.

Hey a poster called dav3 claimed that calling Casey racist was only satire on his behalf. Unbelievable insult to people's that have suffered real racial abuse. It seems the leftists have highjacked the racism label to promote their own bigotry.If it weren't so tragic it might be amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Biggest joke is that unless they get the land and stables built there those houses will sit empty in a shortage as no one else will want to live there for fear of harassment.

BENDYBINN wrote:

Ah get it right you forgot the half arce of land to accompany the stables. Although I read the families concerned are so busy rowing back on their claims they could challenge the O'Donovan brothers and win in a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I certainly did not say that.

I asked you:

So far we have one person killed in a robbery scenario and another in a rape scenario.

Is that enough for you to be 'sure' they are coming back to kill you, so you shoot them dead as they run away?

There's plenty more examples if you want them.

And to answer your question yes, after taking a beating like that Ward would have regrouped, come back and killed him...if not he would have beaten him so badly he wouldn't be the same person again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Nobody has yet come on here and explained how his comments are racist.
    I don't believe they can but I'm still here waiting.
    Come on now lads.

Just shows they have no valid arguments so just throw out outlandish accusations which is the common tactic used in all minority related discussions these days. It's also easier to spell for them than prejudiced which would be another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Can we start a campaign to elect Peter Casey and then fill the phoenix park with caravans and scrap? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I know of a little Austrian guy that had a 'solution'…..I won't! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Where's my forty acres?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,395 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Careful now apparently they 'only wanted grazing lands for their horses' not stables lol

Big change from when the story first broke

Well let them rent or buy their own land line what everyone else has to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Can they not rent land and pay for it themselves like any other farmer in the country. We are dairy farmers and we spend about 8000 a year renting land. Working 13 hour days. 7 days a week and barely making a living. It's all we know. We were reared to put In a good days work and you feel better for it.
    Maybe this debate should encourage travellers to make sure their children finish secondary school and get a job. Their life expectancy would improve with better education and better mental health.

Varik wrote: »
    Biggest joke is that unless they get the land and stables built there those houses will sit empty in a shortage as no one else will want to live there for fear of harassment.

No way they are such an honest and misunderstood peoples, violence you say when they don't get what they want?

I thought they were supposed to be a people now living in fear because of Casey.

Henwin wrote:
    Can they not rent land and pay for it themselves like any other farmer in the country. We are dairy farmers and we spend about 8000 a year renting land. Working 13 hour days. 7 days a week and barely making a living. It's all we know. We were reared to put In a good days work and you feel better for it. Maybe this debate should encourage travellers to make sure their children finish secondary school and get a job. Their life expectancy would improve with better education and better mental health.

So basically like Peter Casey you want them treated the same as the rest of society, yet because he has said this various numpties have accused him of racism. Mad stuff Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There's plenty more examples if you want them.

And to answer your question yes, after taking a beating like that Ward would have regrouped, come back and killed him...if not he would have beaten him so badly he wouldn't be the same person again.

If they were 'sure' to come back and kill him then Nally would have had to have higher stats than that to fire the gun.

I understand that he saw red and killed. I accept that and can see his reasons.

But don't be gilding the lily by claiming that the incidence of this is either a plague, exclusive to the travelling community so prevalent as to be the norm, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,889 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Not all of them.
    Irish people come in variety of colours. Just ask Paul McGrath. Or Simon Zebo.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/q-a-what-does-ethnic-recognition-mean-for-irish-travellers-1.2993526

Does anyone have a link to the actual study?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,889 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Not all of them.
    Irish people come in variety of colours. Just ask Paul McGrath. Or Simon Zebo.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/q-a-what-does-ethnic-recognition-mean-for-irish-travellers-1.2993526

Does anyone have a link to the actual study?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The ballot papers are printed already, he will be on them

I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't run. I'll probably show up and vote for him anyway. Some indictment of the situation if the ONLY man who is prepared to be honest about the Traveller issue is the one who is forced to back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    So basically like Peter Casey you want them treated the same as the rest of society, yet because he has said this various numpties have accused him of racism. Mad stuff Ted.

Exactly, there are numerous farmer neighbours of ours that have bad experiences with some travellers. It last week our next door neighbour have travellers walking on his land. He politely asked them to leave and they got very aggressive and threatening to damage his property. That night all his tractor tyres were slashed as well as other damage.
    Our other neighbour was cutting branches from a tree near the road over the summer. 2 travellers offered to help. He said there was no need but they insisted. They cut down 2 branches and then demanded 300 euro. The owner said not a hope and then the travellers got very aggressive and pulled out iron bars. He got such a fright he gave them the money.
    Neither case has had any charges brought against them. Every farmer I know has stuff stolen. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth and I can guarantee casey will get a fair few votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Paddy Power odds watch.

66/1 now

12/1 excluding MDH looks like a good bet.

:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

Where's my forty acres?
    i got a brand new combine harvester

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement