Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Goldengirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Actually uncivil was the term. At least if you wish to drag in actions from another thread be a dear and get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

So pathetically mis-informed as to be dangerous. I think Casey might have some backbone after all because he has realised to his horror what he has started.

Go do some research into marginalised communities across the world will ya? And then get back to me when you realise what a load of nonsense the above truly is.

Again another who casts the smear and generalizations net far and wide. Come back with empirical based rebuttals rather than ducking questions that have been posed to you over the last few days.

Instead you take the easy way out and call people fools and morans while liking to think of yourself as some sort of intellectual.

Answer the question, would you voluntarily live beside a halting site?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'd say you wouldn't mind a Wounded Knee type solution to minority issues here if it came down to it..........

Jesus this type of nonsense.

Again another who casts the smear and generalizations net far and wide. Come back with empirical based rebuttals rather than ducking questions that have been posed to you over the last few days.

Instead you take the easy way out and call people fools and morans while liking to think of yourself as some sort of intellectual.

TbL

Why are you making a comparison between Native Americans and travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

TbL

I was reared within 300 yards of one that is used regularly, it has caused no more trouble than some of the pubs in the town. When I married I bought the house next door, so Yes, I choose to live next to a halting site.

And that was not what I was referring to. I was referring to the ineffably stupid comment that 'Native Americans would not get money for nothing'. Jesus are people living in their own wee bubbles or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

He can withdraw, but his name stays on the paper for obvious reasons.
    After withdrawing, sin é, he can't suddenly change his mind if he wins.

Eh he can. Withdrawing essentially means stopping campaigning that's all.

Eh he can. Withdrawing essentially means stopping campaigning that's all.

No, he can't once he formally withdraws is my understanding of the act.

Danzy wrote: »
    Jesus this type of nonsense.

Yep, I was trying to be civil (well until the last post or 2) and enter into rational debate but some just have to try and smear with general labels.

A couple also fancy themselves and engage in faux intellectual masturbation but without the intellect to pull it off!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Goldengirl wrote: »
    And Nazi apologists say there was no Holocaust...
    Extreme , I know, but that's how it starts, forgiving and excusing remarks .
    He said that they were people camping on other people's land...but hey, let's just ignore that !

Mother of jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

Truth hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

I was reared within 300 yards of one that is used regularly, it has caused no more trouble than some of the pubs in the town. When I married I bought the house next door, so Yes, I choose to live next to a halting site.

And that was not what I was referring to. I was referring to the ineffably stupid comment that 'Native Americans would not get money for nothing'. Jesus are people living in their own wee bubbles or what?

My god you’re at it again, you’ve actually put something in quotes (do you know understand how this works?) that I didn’t actually say.

Now if some right wing looney did that Francie you’d be apoplectic.

I’d be nice if you retracted that Francie ðŸ‘

TbL

Ps. I’ll commend you for living next door to a halting site at least you’re not speaking out of both sides of your mouth. My experience is different though and I could never do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

He said that they were people camping on other people's land...but hey, let's just ignore that !

It's factually correct to say that travellers camp on other people's land.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Are they not camping on other people's land. Yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think you're the one whose ignoring things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Goldengirl wrote:

Fair play when you accused posters of being Trumpites I thought that was incredibly stupid. I'm impressed you have surpassed yourself with the above gem.

Yep, I was trying to be civil (well until the last post or 2) and enter into rational debate but some just have to try and smear with general labels.

A couple also fancy themselves and engage in faux intellectual masturbation but without the intellect to pull it off!

TbL

Not sure if you're displaying the finest examples of it here if you are going to go on about 'invasions' and then bring Native Americans into a thread like this. Any chance you'll answer the question if you want to debate about this? Why did you bring them into the discussion when you must have known about their past history?

My god you’re at it again, you’ve actually put something in quotes (do you know understand how this works?) that I didn’t actually say.

Now if some right wing looney did that Francie you’d be apoplectic.

I’d be nice if you retracted that Francie ðŸ‘

TbL

Sorry, I was busy and parsed what you said.
    Here is what you said:
    Do you think that the US government would provide them with handouts that are greater than the average wage without ever having worked a day in their lives?

And the answer is still the same: go do some research on how much the American state has handed out to Native Americans and continues to. And yes, it hasn't fixed the issues there either nor among the Aborigine people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Give you a hint, all those huge boulders and large concrete barrier you see in random entry ways aren't there for show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

I absolutely despise deluded, idiotic PC scumbags looking for a free house.

They know nothing about the real world.

The deluded, idiotic PC scumbag who knows nothing about the real world being Peter Casey, obviously.

And the free house being Aras an Uachtaran.

Do us all a favour and take your wagon some place else, Peter - preferably to a trailer park in Alabama where your neanderthal views might get a more receptive audience.

Not sure if you're displaying the finest examples of it here if you are going to go on about 'invasions' and then bring Native Americans into a thread like this. Any chance you'll answer the question if you want to debate about this? Why did you bring them into the discussion when you must have known about their past history?

If you must know it was the first ethnic minority that came into my head when I was constructing my post.

Does that assuage your outrage?

TbL

Varik wrote: »
    Give you a hint, all those huge boulders and large concrete barrier you see in random entry ways aren't there for show.

One of the reasons there has been more conflict with 'settled' people is that they can no longer travel and live as they did, more and more traditional temporary sites are being denied to them for good or bad reasons. That is going to take a good few generations to iron out and 'settle' so to speak.

One of the reasons there has been more conflict with 'settled' people is that they can no longer travel and live as they did, more and more traditional temporary sites are being denied to them for good or bad reasons. That is going to take a good few generations to iron out and 'settle' so to speak.

The sites are being denied to them because they wreck them, take the bits they can sell for scrap and leave them rat infested with rubbish strewn everywhere.

Sorry, I was busy and parsed what you said.
    Here is what you said:

And the answer is still the same: go do some research on how much the American state has handed out to Native Americans and continues to. And yes, it hasn't fixed the issues there either nor among the Aborigine people.

Do your own research they do not receive more that the average industrial wage in unemployment benefit.

You’ve done yourself a disservice and me a discourtesy by not only parsing what I said but putting it in quotes.

Was that “I was busy” a retraction or an apology or just a another attempted put down

TbL

Settled people dont live in halting sites or wreck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

He is just rabble rousing ...ok rabble?

That's not a yes or a no.

You'd change your mind if they moved in your property. You'd have a very different opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Some do...yes...and some settled people do too. Go to any area of Ireland and this is obvious...but blame it on the most disadvantaged in our society.

How close do you live to your nearest halting site?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement