Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭easygoing1982

Of course they are an ethnic minority. What other group Of people are allowed to park on footpaths, disabled bays, be allowed to rob, fight etc all whilst unchallenged. I witnessed a family of them today fighting in a dublun hospital. Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Here is what the poster said:

The fact is the American government gives billions, it doesn't give to others to others on top of other benefits. Unemployment among NA's is much higher than other groups bar blacks.

What part of the word “wage” do you not understand?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

GarIT wrote: »
    I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Why? You can believe me or not, that's your prerogative. Travellers use halting sites in communities all over this country, mostly without issue.
    Google the trouble caused by some pubs in this country some time. It is all there even if you think I am telling porkies.

Maybe stop huffing, accept my apology for parsing you and deal with what is being said?

Not my fault you need to qualify what you said.

Apology accepted. Thanks.

I’m trying to deal with what is being said but it’s difficult to keep up because the goal posts haven’t been just moved, I can’t see them anymore!

Maybe you and I should call it a day it’s apparent we are poles apart

TbL

What part of the word “wage” do you not understand?

TbL

Michael D receives a wage, but some believe that the extra he gets is an issue.

Per head the Native American, unemployed or working, receives much more than the average American from a government you said would 'not tolerate it'. That is a misinformed comment.
    Disprove it rather than continue the rather vain glorious huff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A Tipperary county councillor has also jumped in on this.
    An Independent Tipperary councillor has said the Travelling community has “no respect for land or people or Garda”.
    County councillor Eddie Moran made the comment in an email to a constituent.
    The female constituent had raised concerns with Mr Moran about presidential candidate Peter Casey’s comments on the Travelling community. Mr Moran in reply told her she was “behind the times”. His email to the constituent, seen by The Irish Times, said the Travelling community “have no respect for land or people or Garda not like old times”.
    Mr Moran is a close political associate of Independent Tipperary TD Michael Lowry.
    This week Mr Casey caused controversy over comments in relation to the Travelling community, when he said they were “basically people camping in someone else’s land.” Mr Casey also said he did not believe Travellers were a distinct ethnic group.
    Speaking to The Irish Times, Mr Moran said he did not want to paint the entire Travelling community “with the one brush”. However, he said “they do what they like half the time ... Gardaí can’t keep up with them.”
    He said it was “very unfair” to residents living near Traveller accommodation. “When I was growing up there was Traveller sites and you could go down and have a cup of tea with them, those days are gone,” he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/travellers-have-no-respect-for-land-or-people-tipperary-councillor-says-1.3669399?mode=amp&mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fsocial-affairs%2Ftravellers-have-no-respect-for-land-or-people-tipperary-councillor-says-1.3669399&fbclid=IwAR2CLsLEVuYEWAIxHx3GK5cU6k84wiUbOIutaApbrfs9pGP8WVGgONPepZw

Michael D receives a wage, but some believe that the extra he gets is an issue.

Per head the Native American, unemployed or working, receives much more than the average American from a government you said would 'not tolerate it'. That is a misinformed comment.
    Disprove it rather than continue the rather vain glorious huff.

So to be clear you’re now including “all payments” rather than the “wage” I was referring to?

My comment is a fact, your comment is a supposition and you’re saying I’m misinformed??

You’re wrong and you know it

Good night Francie

TbL

He is only saying what we are all thinking. He'll get my vote

So to be clear you’re now including “all payments” rather than the “wage” I was referring to?

My comment is a fact, your comment is a supposition and you’re saying I’m misinformed??

You’re wrong and you know it

Good night Francie

TbL

'Handouts' TBL, 'Handouts' is the operative word. They receive BILLIONS in handouts nobody else gets. Jesus H.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it was Aine Lawlor. And indeed it was truly shocking. I just could not believe what I was hearing.

I have fired off an email to RTE in disgust.

The last thing that man is is racist, but she would not let it go. Poor man is being savaged.

RTE are the national broadcaster (sadly), there's a ton of rules on how the cover any election/referendum and blatantly taking this biased approach is completely out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Isn't it so hypocritical that official Ireland is telling people ignore Casey, that he is wrong in his opinion of travellers, we are misunderstanding these people, but yet these same organs of official Ireland (Coilte, county council offices, public walkways controlled by the state) have big boulders and concrete obstructions in place to stop travellers getting in.
    Isn't that just laughable.

Vote Peter Casey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

FrancieBrady I hate the way people multi-quote posts it really turns me off not accusing you of this by the way.:)

I have read many of your posts here and I fundamentally disagree with all of your posts.

The fact that you are posting so much leads me to suspect you know your posting waffle.
    But just keep posting over and over to disrupt any real conversation that I do accuse you of and I am not going to multi-quote your posts to prove it the evidence is there for everybody to see.

I will only ask you one question.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO MOVE INTO A HOME BESIDE A HALTING SITE?

Your posting so many posts surely you can spare one to answer the question in capitals and bold.

I think you will ignore it, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

FrancieBrady I hate the way people multi-quote posts it really turns me off not accusing you of this by the way.:)

I have read many of your posts here and I fundamentally disagree with all of your posts.

The fact that you are posting so much leads me to suspect you know your posting waffle.
    But just keep posting over and over to disrupt any real conversation that I do accuse you of and I am not going to multi-quote your posts to prove it the evidence is there for everybody to see.

Your posting so many posts surely you can spare one to answer the question in capitals and bold.

Ignore them and they will go away eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Do travellers pay electricity and bin charges?

I’m laughing out loud here.

I already said, (see above) I bought a home 300 yards from a designated halting site. Sorry to disappoint you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

In really interests me that someone who has a traveller name, claims to have lived beside but not on a halting site their whole life, is an expert in traveller culture and rights and has posted at least one post defending travellers every 10 minutes of every waking hour for the last 3 days yet they claim not to be a traveller just a supporter of them.

I was reared within 300 yards of one that is used regularly, it has caused no more trouble than some of the pubs in the town. When I married I bought the house next door, so Yes, I choose to live next to a halting site.
    I already said, (see above) I bought a home 300 yards from a designated halting site. Sorry to disappoint you.

You said above as a child you lived 300 yards from a halting site and that when you bought a house it was directly next door to a site. Now your saying it was when you bought a house that you lived 300 yards from the site Which is it? Frankie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Isn't it so hypocritical that official Ireland is telling people ignore Casey, that he is wrong in his opinion of travellers, we are misunderstanding these people, but yet these same organs of official Ireland (Coilte, county council offices, public walkways controlled by the state) have big boulders and concrete obstructions in place to stop travellers getting in.

Vote Peter Casey!

And the council officials make sure halting sites are never located near their houses or their relatives houses.
    They do this while assuring the poor devils whose area is identified for a halting site that the site will be managed properly, the council know full well the travellers will trash everything given, will double up in bays, will intimidate locals, will burn stolen copper, will dismantle cars and no one will do a thing about it.

Vote Peter Casey

In really interests me that someone who has a traveller name, claims to have lived beside but not on a halting site their whole life, is an expert in traveller culture and rights and has posted at least one post defending travellers every 10 minutes of every waking hour for the last 3 days yet they claim not to be a traveller just a supporter of them.

I think of myself as obdurate but he’s worn me down :)

TbL

• Advertisement

You said above as a child you lived 300 yards from a halting site and that when you bought a house it was directly next door to a site. Now your saying it was when you bought a house that you lived 300 yards from the site Which is it? Frankie

:) I bought the house next door to the one I was reared in Detective. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I sent an email off there to Hairy Baby asking them will they make Peter Casey for President tee shirts next week :D

Than it wasn't next door to the site unless you were reared on the site :rolleyes:

Than it wasn't next door to the site unless you were reared on the site :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was next door, I said it was 300 yards away. :confused: The house I bought was next door to the one I was reared in. To be pedantic 310 yards away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I have read and reread the rules of boards.

Trolling spamming racism threats personal abuse is off the table and rightly so.
    Honesty is not breaking any rules I would not buy a home within ten miles of a halting site.

:D:D:D Maybe you don't know who FrancieBrady is. Look up modern Irish cinema.
    Traveller name???? Feck me, this is weird stuff, some underground of hate in this country.

I never said it was 'next door' to a halting site. I was asked, 'would I buy a house next to a halting site'. If Supervalu was 300 yards away I would say I lived next to a Supervalu.

What is your point Gar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Vote Peter Casey!

I'd hate if Casey pulled out of the election.

The Pavees shout 'RACISM' at every turn to shout down any argument against their anti-social antics.

Everyone it seems has to kowtow to this. Why?:confused:

Many many people would just so dearly love to put manners on these obnoxious, violent inbreeds.

Why can't we?

The very State we support through our taxes endorses & supports......Them!

Casey said a few home truths & all of a sudden a sh1tstorm has erupted around him instigated by the very establishment that we ourselves elected into power.

Now it seems that Casey might pull the plug on his campaign. I wouldn't blame him really.

Tom Gilmartin was another returning emigrant who tried to do something for his native land.

He too was met with opposition from our elected 'representitives'.

Peter, You gave it a shot, but the establishment are just as stupid as they were 30 years ago.

It's just a different kind of stupidity they have these days.

Mod-Banned

Stan. wrote: »
    Throttle back on judge Judy cinema guy

I did have a chuckle, even though I didn't see the post.

• Advertisement

I have a few drinks onboard, to be honest, and I have had a number of traumatic experiences in my life at the hands of that community.

My emotion tends to overrule my rational brain during these times.
    I have never become violent however that is called self-control.

While not always perfect I along with most of the population do have self-control.
    What is your view on self-control Francie?

I prefer it in everybody but girlfriends tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement