Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

goat2 wrote: »
    What reason did they give, that they were of no use to them.
    Was it the solar panels

In a printed statement earlier this week, someone represtenting the extended family in Thurles stated "we never asked for the houses"
    So I suppose the best thing would be for Tipp. Co.Co to look for alternate tenants.

The funny thing is, if you or one of your children were building a house on your own land or site, the planners in the Co.Co wouldn't let you live in a mobile during the build.
    So allowing a group of travellers stay 40 years is an incredible demonstration of either cowardice, or double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

No idea.
    And tbh, the point needs to be made. The issues around travellers are not going to be solved by cherrypicking worst cases to discuss or by telling ever increasing scare anecdotes.
    I actually thought his 'trip to Tipp', and not meeting with the families was one of the most cynically exploitative things done in any Presidential campaign I have been witness to.

The issues will only be solved when travellers are treated the same as everyone else & abide by the same laws. Cherrypicking ? There are hundreds of cases.

goat2 wrote: »
    Could they not have rented out stables and land

If they justify free or subsided housing then surely they can't afford to rent land or have horses ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Francie?

What is up with you?

You haven’t left here all weekend trying to discredit Casey.

Seriously have you even eaten since Tuesday!!?

Why are you so bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I'm sure it was equally uncomfortable for some that in the middle of housing crisis there were people turning down housing because their free house does not come with stables.

From what I can gather the council came to them about re-housing them. They were not homeless, they lived where they were for 50 yrs or more.

• Advertisement

Francie?

What is up with you?

You haven’t left here all weekend trying to discredit Casey.

Seriously have you even eaten since Tuesday!!?

Why are you so bothered?

I am sitting here having a beer and watching the rugby. Ulster winning. Very pleasurable Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

No idea.
    And tbh, the point needs to be made. The issues around travellers are not going to be solved by cherrypicking worst cases to discuss or by telling ever increasing scare anecdotes.
    I actually thought his 'trip to Tipp', and not meeting with the families was one of the most cynically exploitative things done in any Presidential campaign I have been witness to.

Listen up francie...... Casey was asked when he was in tipp did he want to meet with the travellers and his reply was “ I don’t want to intrude on them, they know that I’m here and I’m more than happy to meet with them if they come up to me “

That was a fair comment. Of course the pikies didn’t come up to him cause they would probably be found out by brandishing slash hooks etc.
    I’m getting fairly sick of your tripe francie.. you never let up with your ****e !

Ah that makes sense now, cheers.

So you emailed as a collective group then? Your post above said “we made a complaint” not “we’ve made complaints”?

Francie?

Francie?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

hawkelady wrote:
    Listen up francie...... Casey was asked when he was in tipp did he want to meet with the travellers and his reply was “ I don’t want to intrude on them, they know that I’m here and I’m more than happy to meet with them if they come up to me “

Francie makes it seem that Casey wouldn't meet the families. Thanks for posting what he said and not spin it like Francie tried to .

• Advertisement

hawkelady wrote: »

That was a fair comment. Of course the pikies didn’t come up to him cause they would probably be found out by brandishing slash hooks etc.
    I’m getting fairly sick of your tripe francie.. you never let up with your ****e !

You ok?

He exploited a single issue for sensationalised publicity. He had no solutions and even said when flustered that 'I don't want to resolve the problem'. If as a public rep you have no solutions you shouldn't be addressing problems and you certainly should not be exploiting them.

What?

What is the name of your group that put the complaint into the Gardai with regards to PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

What is the name of your group that put the complaint into the Gardai with regards to PC?

Don't worry about it his nuisance compliant would have been filed in exactly the same manner as other nuisance compliants.....in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

You ok?

He exploited a single issue for sensationalised publicity. He had no solutions and even said when flustered that 'I don't want to resolve the problem'. If as a public rep you have no solutions you shouldn't be addressing problems and you certainly should be exploiting them.

I’m fine thanks for asking.

Also thank you for admitting the knacks are a scourge on society. Finally.
    Bye

You want me to name real people on here, in this atmosphere? I'll pass on that one, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

If as a public rep you have no solutions you shouldn't be addressing problems ...

What's wrong with pointing out a problem and expressing a view that a solution needs to be found?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I read that in a (Jeeves and) Wooster voice.

I’m fine thanks for asking.

Also thank you for admitting the knacks are a scourge on society. Finally.
    Bye

:) Classic.

This is the type of person Casey's incitement gives oxygen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I heard the 'debate' on Radio One earlier. In fairness to the presenter, he tried to bring a little balance to it. The councillor from Kerry done his best but was jumped on by everyone in the studio. The less said about the Traveller activist, the better - you couldn't mark her neck with a blowtorch. Pearse Doherty was a disgrace too, using the Trump argument and saying nobody he's talked to this week supported Casey's comments, blatant lies from him - he should be ashamed of himself.

But I think the more that the politicians and the media push the 'travellers are great' spiel, the more push back there will be, which means more votes for Casey. People aren't stupid, they know when they're being lied to and they know what they see.

Keep canvassing your friends and family folks, every vote counts.

:) Classic.

This is the type of person Casey's incitement gives oxygen to.

The type who exposes your total misrepresentation of events - maybe to inspire hatred ?

• Advertisement

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it his nuisance compliant would have been filed in exactly the same manner as other nuisance compliants.....in the bin.

I’ve just got this little niggle in my head that Francie is spending so much time on these threads because it’s in his job description.

He made a bit of a woopsy putting WE instead of I and his responses since aren’t aligning up either. Maybe someone smarter than me can tell me I’m reading to much into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Once again, I think you don't know what you are talking about.
    All I need to do is make a complaint and provide the context. The Gardai take it from there.
    We complained, quoting this section of the act.

It will be a matter of opinion (of the Gardai and subsequently a judge) if he is charged or convicted of an offence.
    As I said, it probably won't get far but it is important that it be registered as a complaint.

Yet you argued the flip side when the Kingsmill 50/50 bread man was accused of wrongdoing. If Casey was a Shinner you'd be on his side too, I have no doubt. More than a tad hypocritical.

I heard the 'debate' on Radio One earlier. In fairness to the presenter, he tried to bring a little balance to it. The councillor from Kerry done his best but was jumped on by everyone in the studio. The less said about the Traveller activist, the better - you couldn't mark her neck with a blowtorch. Pearse Doherty was a disgrace too, using the Trump argument and saying nobody he's talked to this week supported Casey's comments, blatant lies from him - he should be ashamed of himself.

But I think the more that the politicians and the media push the 'travellers are great' spiel, the more push back there will be, which means more votes for Casey. People aren't stupid, they know when they're being lied to and they know what they see.

Keep canvassing your friends and family folks, every vote counts.

But nobody on that programme ever said 'that travellers are great', not even the traveller.

And you talk about lies?

Yet you argued the flip side when the Kingsmill 50/50 bread man was accused of wrongdoing. If Casey was a Shinner you'd be on his side too, I have no doubt. More than a tad hypocritical.

SF in Tipp are on your side of the argument Tayto.

You want me to name real people on here, in this atmosphere? I'll pass on that one, thanks.

Did you make one complaint? Who made the complaint? You can name them Bill, Ted, Wayne, Garth, if you like. And if you made one complaint, how did the person who made the complaint have the authority to act on other individuals behalf unless you were a group?

I’m interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

But nobody on that programme ever said 'that travellers are great', not even the traveller.

And you talk about lies?

Read my post again. I wasn't talking about the programme, but in general. It's very clear actually. Now run along.

I’ve just got this little niggle in my head that Francie is spending so much time on these threads because it’s in his job description.

He made a bit of a woopsy putting WE instead of I and his responses since aren’t aligning up either. Maybe someone smarter than me can tell me I’m reading to much into it?

My original answer to the question 'did you make a complaint?'

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108403904&postcount=2697

You get the wrong end of the stick and somehow it means something sinister about me. Pathetic.

We had another detective here last night who convinced himself that I was a traveller myself based on my name.
    When it was pointed out that my name is a character in a famous Irish film, he went to bed and hasn't been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

SF in Tipp are on your side of the argument Tayto.

I'm talking about your own stance.

Read my post again. I wasn't talking about the programme, but in general. It's very clear actually. Now run along.

So which politician or journalist has pushed the line that 'travellers are great'?

• Advertisement

I'm talking about your own stance.

Which is my own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement