Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

So which politician or journalist has pushed the line that 'travellers are great'?

It's Saturday evening Francie.
    Relax there

Everyone's sick of your sh1te talk.

Go have a beer and chill out ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Anyway it seems clear that majority of people on this thread agree with Casey's contention that everyone should be treated equally. A minority claim his suggestion for equality is racist and incitement to hatred. Probably the first time I have seen the direct opposite of racism as being called racism. The morons have cheapened the experience and misery of those who were and still are the victims of racism , by their throw away labelling of anyone in order to quash opinion they disagree with.

My original answer to the question 'did you make a complaint?'

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108403904&postcount=2697

You get the wrong end of the stick and somehow it means something sinister about me. Pathetic.

We had another detective here last night who convinced himself that I was a traveller myself based on my name.
    When it was pointed out that my name is a character in a famous Irish film, he went to bed and hasn't been seen since.

Thanks for the link to the post. I did ask earlier if you had a link to you mentioning others as I was at a disadvantage using my phone but you chose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Uncharted wrote: »
    It's Saturday evening Francie.
    Relax there

Everyone's sick of your sh1te talk.

Go have a beer and chill out ffs.

I am having one, are you too not reading the thread? Ulster further ahead, day gets better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

So which politician or journalist has pushed the line that 'travellers are great'?

I wasn't quoting anybody, it's the same as saying 'pro-traveller agenda' spiel or 'how dare you question the travellers' spiel etc. I don't think it's hard to understand but keep arguing the semantics if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I am having one, are you too not reading the thread? Ulster further ahead, day gets better and better.

Are you incapable of reading my post?

I'm encouraging you to drink the said beer,and lay off the biased pontificating!

Thanks for the link to the post. I did ask earlier if you had a link to you mentioning others as I was at a disadvantage using my phone but you chose not to.

You asked for a link to the 'group' not for a link to 'a post mentioning others'.
    Not really my problem if you cannot ask properly tbh.
    I’d really appreciate if you could link me to this group you’ve been talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

From this thread in Politics.ie https://www.politics.ie/showthread.php?267420-Red-C-poll-FG-33-FF-25-SF-15-Inds-12-Ind-Alliance-4-GP-4-SD-2-Sol-PBP-0/page2

Michael D Higgins 69
    Seán Gallagher 11
    Liadh Ní Riada 7
    Joan Freeman 6
    Gavin Duffy 4
    Peter Casey 2

POLL: Sunday Times/B&A #aras18
    (October 5-16, MoE ±3.3%)

Casey's comments made on Oct 13th, so may not have been taken account of in the poll.

Paddy Power have him down as 6th favourite overall and 4th favorite in the "Without MDH" poll.

Sean Gallagher - 8/11

Liadh Ni Riada - 7/4

Joan Freeman - 9/1

Peter Casey - 12/1

Gavin Duffy - 20/1

Uncharted wrote: »
    Are you incapable of reading my post?

I'm encouraging you to drink the said beer,and lay off the biased pontificating!

But I am having one, watching rugby, browsing boards.

You asked for a link to the 'group' not for a link to 'a post mentioning others'.
    Not really my problem if you cannot ask properly tbh.

Ah Francie, Francie, Francie. Enjoy the rugby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Pity the father of the 2 young (9 or 10 years old) lads that were caught trying to rob spirits in tesco there hadn't been following this thread...he could have defended their "culture".
    To be fair standing outside the shop looking up and down wasn't suspicious. The 2 lads however "hiding" bottles of spirits under a bale of toilet roll unfortunately did look suspicious and that's probably why they were caught!!

KevRossi wrote: »
    From this thread in Politics.ie https://www.politics.ie/showthread.php?267420-Red-C-poll-FG-33-FF-25-SF-15-Inds-12-Ind-Alliance-4-GP-4-SD-2-Sol-PBP-0/page2

Michael D Higgins 69
    Seán Gallagher 11
    Liadh Ní Riada 7
    Joan Freeman 6
    Gavin Duffy 4
    Peter Casey 2

Casey's comments made on Oct 13th, so may not have been taken account of in the poll.

Paddy Power have him down as 6th favourite overall and 4th favorite in the "Without MDH" poll.

Sean Gallagher - 8/11

Liadh Ni Riada - 7/4

Joan Freeman - 9/1

Peter Casey - 12/1

Gavin Duffy - 20/1

The poll is from 5th to 16th October. Is that usual

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If Peter does get any percentage of votes. Certain TD's are really going to make the voters feel like naughty school children!

mfceiling wrote:
    Pity the father of the 2 young (9 or 10 years old) lads that were caught trying to rob spirits in tesco there hadn't been following this thread...he could have defended their "culture". To be fair standing outside the shop looking up and down wasn't suspicious. The 2 lads however "hiding" bottles of spirits under a bale of toilet roll unfortunately did look suspicious and that's probably why they were caught!!

Great role model for the kids. I doubt they came up with idea of stealing the spirits. As they are just kids the father knows there will be zero consequences. They'll just have to steal... I mean shop elsewhere.

If Peter does get any percentage of votes. Certain TD's are really going to make the voters feel like naughty school children!

I can see Casey finishing second. He has whether it was intentional or not started a conversation about Travellers which imo is badly needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The poll is from 5th to 16th October. Is that usual

Yep pretty standard in terms of polling.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

KevRossi wrote: »

Michael D Higgins 69
    Seán Gallagher 11
    Liadh Ní Riada 7
    Joan Freeman 6
    Gavin Duffy 4
    Peter Casey 2

Sean Gallagher - 8/11

Liadh Ni Riada - 7/4

Joan Freeman - 9/1

Peter Casey - 12/1

Gavin Duffy - 20/1

Casey's comments emerged on Wednesday the 17th so are completely missed by this poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

https://www.bbc.com/ne...nd-politics-45928722

PSNI set the record straight and deny Higgins story that they were involved in giving security advice to use the jet to Belfast.

PSNI set the record straight and deny Higgins story that they were involved in giving security advice to use the jet to Belfast.

Higgins looked like a fool when he stated that he had driven to Derry a few weeks earlier. Higgins likes the lifestyle and doesn't want to give it up. His behaviour in announcing his intention to run again despite his earlier claim of only seeking one term, was designed to frustrate a proper contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Link not working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

think this link works.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-45928722

Mickey D the dirty sleeveen.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,563 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will be interesting if that story ever appears on RTE.

paw patrol wrote: »
    think this link works.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-45928722

Mickey D the dirty sleeveen.

That is a 'source' within the PSNI commenting on the official 'no comment' statement from The PSNI.

Not sure what to make of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

.... Pearse Doherty was a disgrace too, using the Trump argument and saying nobody he's talked to this week supported Casey's comments, blatant lies from him - he should be ashamed of himself.

That's pretty bad and a lie alright. I can't see there being anyone in the whole country, regardless of their own view, not hearing of support for Casey on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Sinn Fein and Pearse Doherty lying.

I’m shocked.

Not......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I can see Casey finishing second. He has whether it was intentional or not started a conversation about Travellers which imo is badly needed.

He has started more than that IMO. He has said a big FU to the PC brigade who do their best to try and control what people should say or think. It is great to see that most normal people agree with him.

He has started more than that IMO. He has said a big FU to the PC brigade

...and then ducked down behind a wall (the weekend) :D

Great fella alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

...and then ducked down behind a wall (the weekend) :D

Great fella alright.

Good stuff Francie, nice to see your after gaining some common sense in the last few hours. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Said this elsewhere but perhaps this is relevant here. Ask yourself why Travellers seem to be so widely disliked or distrusted by a lot of people. People say ''racism'' but if everyone is so racist, why are the same comments not so easily found about,say, Chinese people? Could it be because Chinese folks over here mostly just get on with life, education, work and don't cause havoc disproportionately to their numbers? Where do you think these reputations come from for Travelling people. Are they just conjured up from nowhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Will be interesting if that story ever appears on RTE.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/psni-dispute-president-higgins-security-claims-for-belfast-trip-877108.html

At least it is appearing in some Irish media so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement