Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wide bike shoe brands

Options
  • 17-10-2018 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Most shoes I find tight towards the top of the foot or middle of the foot so looking for a wide fit shoe for anyone that has similar issues!
    Used to find northwave decent but recent ones seem a little tighter and have a pair of diadora mtb shoes that have been fine - and also how much you size up in the brand versus normal day to day shoes - thanks

For road and MTB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Bont I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Sidi do a wide fit shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Thanks - anyone know where stocks Bont in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Shimano and Spiuk

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Thanks - anyone know where stocks Bont in Dublin?

CycleTribe do. They’ve a small showroom in an industrial estate near the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,404 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bont are not cheap, but I've managed to go from 46 "normal" cycle shoes to 44 with Sidi Mega and 43 with Bont double wide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

For my wide feet, Shimano are by far the worst and narrowest fit, I find the Specialized BG and Spuik fit my plates o' meat just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Thanks everyone - the other thing that my big feet like is no arch feeling on the inside of the shoe - so I like shoes as flat and wide as possible - like more towards the barefoot side of things - some reviews have mixed opinions on the feeling of an arch or build up halfway down the shoe on the sole - anyone point out the flattest feeling sole with space in the forefoot?!

Will try get to CycleTribe, online stock seems low for sizes, anyone know Sidi stockists in Dublin?

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    For my wide feet, Shimano are by far the worst and narrowest fit, I find the Specialized BG and Spuik fit my plates o' meat just great.

Shimano do have some of their shoes listed as "Wide Fit". no idea how wide though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Thanks everyone - the other thing that my big feet like is no arch feeling on the inside of the shoe - so I like shoes as flat and wide as possible - like more towards the barefoot side of things - some reviews have mixed opinions on the feeling of an arch or build up halfway down the shoe on the sole - anyone point out the flattest feeling sole with space in the forefoot?!

Will try get to CycleTribe, online stock seems low for sizes, anyone know Sidi stockists in Dublin?

As one of the posters above said, and I agree with, I find the Specialized shoes with the body geometry very comfy, although they do have arch support, not totally flat. I don’t think they are wide fit specific (at least mine aren’t!) but I find them much more comfy than my Crono’s I owned previously.

If you found a shoe you liked, you could always swap in a flat insole in!

Harry’s in Clonskeagh seem to stock a decent range of SIDI.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Search for Sidi Mega or Mavic maxi

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement