Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir fibre installation

Options
  • 17-10-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there

So about September fibre was planned to come to our area so I checked my eir code and number to check if it was being installed at our address and it was listed so at the end of September they started to install it into houses which are three houses down from us so we rang Eir to book an appointment to get the fibre installed. when the technician which was about a week later he came out to carry out the installation but when he tried to connect it but he said it wasn’t live but when we rang the following day to question why it wasn’t live, their reply was that there was someone out at 11am to turn the fibre online. She then booked us in for a second appointment which went the same as the first appointment because it still wasn’t live and this happened another two times after this so it is a bit of a joke at this point. Me and my family have been very patient about the process but waiting for a half hour on the phone trying to get through to your deplorable customer service just to be told that a technician is coming out to install fibre. (which it wont) when we question the customer service staff they just cut us off. We need someone to contact us that will actually do something to help our problem because we are very cooperative about the problem. We are currently getting 1mb/s into our house and there is 5 people on that which is very hard to cope with seen as our kids are in an iPad school so I presume you could understand our frustration so if there is someone who could just look into our problem because no one else seems to want to look into it for us. The only reason I could think that the fibre isn’t live because a pole got knocked by tractor and the fibre wires broke and the WiFi was down for a week but the fibre wires and no one past that pole has fibre so but the customer Sevvice cut us off before we get to explain what it could be because the technicians never seem to check that. we have been waiting for more than a month for WiFi which is installed three houses down from us and I belief

Hopefully someone can resolve our problem
    Thanks Yvonne Heagney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi there

So about September fibre was planned to come to our area so I checked my eir code and number to check if it was being installed at our address and it was listed so at the end of September they started to install it into houses which are three houses down from us so we rang Eir to book an appointment to get the fibre installed. when the technician which was about a week later he came out to carry out the installation but when he tried to connect it but he said it wasn’t live but when we rang the following day to question why it wasn’t live, their reply was that there was someone out at 11am to turn the fibre online. She then booked us in for a second appointment which went the same as the first appointment because it still wasn’t live and this happened another two times after this so it is a bit of a joke at this point. Me and my family have been very patient about the process but waiting for a half hour on the phone trying to get through to your deplorable customer service just to be told that a technician is coming out to install fibre. (which it wont) when we question the customer service staff they just cut us off. We need someone to contact us that will actually do something to help our problem because we are very cooperative about the problem. We are currently getting 1mb/s into our house and there is 5 people on that which is very hard to cope with seen as our kids are in an iPad school so I presume you could understand our frustration so if there is someone who could just look into our problem because no one else seems to want to look into it for us. The only reason I could think that the fibre isn’t live because a pole got knocked by tractor and the fibre wires broke and the WiFi was down for a week but the fibre wires and no one past that pole has fibre so but the customer Sevvice cut us off before we get to explain what it could be because the technicians never seem to check that. we have been waiting for more than a month for WiFi which is installed three houses down from us and I belief

Hopefully someone can resolve our problem
    Thanks Yvonne Heagney
    Hi there Yvonne

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

Would you mind sending me your account number, registered address, email & DOB via PM and I'll see what I can do for you from here?

-Kyle

Advertisement