Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you don't watch The Venture Bros...WHY!?

• 17-10-2018 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

3955409.jpg
    IMDB wrote:
    The bizarre animated escapades of pseudo-heroic scientist Dr. Rusty Venture, his competent, high strung bodyguard, and his two over-enthusiastic sons.
    IGN.com wrote:
    The Venture Bros. is a satiric re-imagining of the '60s series The Adventures of Johnny Quest, with a nice jab at the entire superhero genre thrown in for good measure.

I started rewatching the series for the third time in August, because of the new season, and it might be my favourite comedy show ever. Has it ever been on Netflix Ireland/UK? I believe if it was on Netflix here, there would be plenty of people finding the show, and finding it hilarious.

I watch most of the adult cartoons, and this is so much better at comedy, originality, and deep, long, on-going storytelling than anything else, it's crazy. We all love, Rick & Morty, BoJack Horseman, and South Park, but The Venture Bros. is better than all of them. It's even better than It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Arrested Development. I'm not putting those other shows down, I love them, but if you love them and don't watch The Venture Bros. you're doing yourself, and your very life, a disservice.

It's one of the few shows where I love all the characters. Main, recurring, side, all of them make me laugh. The Mighty Monarch is one of the greatest characters ever created. On the show he's a supervillain, but he's my hero. His partner...

18ltfl67gzxd0jpg.jpg

Dr. Girlfriend. I don't usually have a thing for cartoon women, but her? And that voice? So sexy.

Scooby-Doo, Marvel, DC, etc. parodies. David Bowie. Captain Sunshine. Shoreleave. Red Death. There's so much memorable comedy gold.

There's only 86 episodes so far. But it's taken 7 seasons and 15 years (!) to create them. There's massive gaps between seasons. During the first four seasons, there were gaps of 1yr-1.5yrs, but between the last three seasons there were gaps of 2.5yrs. Builds anticipation and gives you an excuse (or need) to rewatch the whole series again. Probably Summer 2020 before we see Season 8, but hopefully this thread will have made some new fans by then. If anyone reading this is thinking about trying out the show, make sure you find the correct order the watch the episodes in. The first three seasons were aired out of order, and there's also four special episodes that are very much part of the story that aired between seasons. Start with the original pilot, The Terrible Secret of Turtle Bay, stick with the first season, and...be prepared for awesomeness.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I just saw the first season or 2 when they were repeated on Fox. Ones I remember off the top of my head include a Fantastic Four where their Human Torch was in agony from the fire. Then there was the one where they quoted Space Oddity.

It is a show I keep forgetting about and intend on watching at some point. Like you say, if netflix got it, it would be great

Advertisement