Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to fill form 11 for ESPP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 tringlarido

any idea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Watergirl4

Hi

Its difficult to say for sure without the document that guides the ESPP scheme. Some have clauses that effectively change their tax status from that of a discounted share to a stock option which requires the RTOS1 form to be completed.

I have input the benefit (ie the discount - calculated as the price on day or purchase vs market price on day of purchase) in the other section on the form 11 on ROS and taxes have been calculated accordingly.

Most employers issue a tax guidance with participation in these schemes which should help with identifying the method of paying the tax over.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 tringlarido

thank you, it's a good idea I contacted the old employer. So I understand that you filled out the section "Irish Other income" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭victor8600

thank you, it's a good idea I contacted the old employer. So I understand that you filled out the section "Irish Other income" ?

No, this is not "Other Irish Income".

ESPP is the same as "Share Option" (definition: share option, a benefit in the form of an option given by a company to an employee to buy a share in the company at a discount or at a stated fixed price).

Form 11 has a section "Share Options exercised, released or assigned in 2017"

In "Enter total chargeable amount", put the amount of gain (i.e. the difference between the discounted price of shares and the market price at the day of purchase).

In "Enter amount of Relevant Tax on a Share Option (RTSO) paid" put the amount you have already pain by submitting your RTSO forms earlier. Or 0 if you have submitted no RTSO forms.

--- Disclaimer: I am not an accountant, but I have been filling Form 11 for years and did get a tax clearance certificate so presumably I am doing it right ---

Advertisement