Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch Date

Options
  • 17-10-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    If I fill out the switching form online, do I get to pick the date the switch happens
    I want to obviously switch the day my existing contract ends with my previous supplier

Thanks
    Maurice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi M.J.M.C,

Many thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

A customer is registered with the provider they are switching to, from the date of their switch. This is because the meter-reading they submit as part of their switch has to be the point from which they are billed by their new provider (and it is the final meter-reading for their closing bill from their previous provider).

As such, there is no option to choose the date of your switch, however, once you complete the switching form the day after your contract with the other provider expires, you will be registered with Electric Ireland from that date/meter-reading. Your first bill will be back-dated to that date.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Thanks Una
    So you don’t offer a service like say Energia where they contact your old provider and do the switch on the day your contract ends, therefore not risk loosing supply during the switching process?
    Thanks

Hi M.J.M.C,

That is what Electric Ireland does also - it is standard for all providers. Supply would never be affected.

When the switch request reaches the new provider, they contact the provider that the customer is leaving. When the switch completes, the previous provider closes the customer's account, sends the customer their final bill - for usage up to the meter-reading they sent in to switch, and the new provider commences billing the customer, back-dating this billing to the date/meter-reading of their switch to them.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

Thanks for that
    Finally, you wouldn’t mind editing your posts to remove my real name please
    Thanks

Hi M.J.M.C,

No problem - that's done now on my posts.

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Thanks for that
    Thanks

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Thanks for that
    Thanks
    Hi M.J.M.C,

We are happy to assist.

I completed that earlier in relation to my posts. If you are referring to your own opening post, we are unable to edit other people's posts. This can only be done by the Boards.ie member themselves or a moderator/admin.

Just click "Edit" below the text of your post (to the right) and you will be redirected to your original post before you saved it. Delete/edit what you need, then click "Save changes". On Boards you can do this within 48 hours of when you first published the post. After 48 hours, it is necessary to request a Boards.ie moderator or admin to do it.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement