Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim Gael Scoils are racist

Options
  • 17-10-2018 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭

It is true. I believe all the new gaelscoils created since the early-2000s were set up "with the aim to exclude minorities". I am also convinced that the teachers/management when reviewing applications will prioritise names like McGillycuddy over Chuwumbawumba and Kowalski.

Hello,
    I've flagged the above but seen no response or action.
    I've seen people flagged or in thread warned for far less.
    Can we have some consistency, or is this kind of unsupported claim okay?

Thanks.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Matt Barrett,

I've moved your thread to Help Desk as it is in relation to one particular forum. The post was reported in the last couple of hours. The Mods may not be online or may not have had a chance to look at this yet, so please be patient. From a quick glance, I see that some posters have responded to the post themselves and asked for proof, so the thread is being moderated by the community too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Hi Matt Barrett,

I've moved your thread to Help Desk as it is in relation to one particular forum. The post was reported in the last couple of hours. The Mods may not be online or may not have had a chance to look at this yet, so please be patient. From a quick glance, I see that some posters have responded to the post themselves and asked for proof, so the thread is being moderated by the community too.

Thanks. I flagged it yesterday. Also the poster has gone radio silent on it too, but it sits there.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How did you flag it? Did you PM the mods? Your reported post was only made earlier today as Mark mentions above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Oh please. I replied and I will make no further comments in that thread.

Advertisement