Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Window seal

Options
  • 17-10-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to what to use for the exterior plastic seals which surround the windows?

They have gone kinda faded from uv damage,as well as having some paintwork done recently the guy buffering it managed to get some polishing compound onto them too...

I was thinking gtechniq C4 from reading on here,but maybe there is something else more suited to the job?

Any advice welcome :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Also very interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

There is nothing more suited to this job than Gtechniq C4 or CarPro DLUX.

Prep is key so you'd need something like Gtechniq Panel wipe or CarPro Eraser to remove the polish that guy got on them along with using it to give all trim a deep clean before application of C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

There is nothing more suited to this job than Gtechniq C4 or CarPro DLUX.

Prep is key so you'd need something like Gtechniq Panel wipe or CarPro Eraser to remove the polish that guy got on them along with using it to give all trim a deep clean before application of C4.

Thanks for the advice,I think I would go with the DLUX,as it says that works on plastics and rubber..I think there is a combination of both around the windows,area above the door handle seems to be rubber while the top side seems to be a plastic...

I was gonna use an IPA 1:1 to prep the plastic/rubber bits...but will check those other products you mention too!!

The time may have come for me to buy a nilfisk power washer and was my own car..I will collect the bits and bobs over time,as it is a lot cheaper than paying the local valet service 15eur for a wash every few weeks...will learn as I go!!

Who knew washing a car was so complicated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

C4 works on every type of trim also. IPA is perfect, no need to buy anything else.

Advertisement