Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leterkenny for midweek break

• 17-10-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭

Hi, staying down next week and said i'd check out Errigal. Staying in Letterkenny. Can anyone advise some good spots to check out from tourism, food and pub point of view

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Scenery wise Glenveagh National Park is a short drive from the town and well worth a visit, you can do a tour of the castle and hike through the glen. Could check out Dunlewey and the Poison Glen when you're by Errigal as well.

Ards Forest Park is another great spot on a good day, nice walks through the forest and a few beautiful secluded beaches. Dunfanaghey just up the road is a nice little seaside town with a decent choice of restaurants.

As for Letterkenny itself, I haven't eaten out much in the town in the past few years but you can't go far wrong on the Main Street. The Yellow Pepper is always a safe bet for good food

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

You're spoilt for choice with good restaurants in letterkenny. The lemon tree does an excellent early bird menu, starter and main for 20 euro. There's also two excellent Chinese (money tree and tin tai). The orchard has a great menu and usually has a nice atmosphere about it. Finally, mcgettigans bar in the clan ree has another great menu and usually has good music also.

In terms of bars... I guess it's subjective but my favourites are McGinleys, the cottage and the orchard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The lighthouse at Fanad Head then through Portsalon, up over Knockalla into Rathmullen and back to Letterkenny through Ramelton is a great trip on a clear day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The Cottage is my favourite bar in Letterkenny.

Advertisement