Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry

Options
  • 17-10-2018 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

We are currently selling our property and accepted an offer back in June. The solicitor requested a copy of the folios from the land registry around 23rd July and as of today, 17th October we are still waiting on the information - over 12 weeks later. Solicitor has followed up with Land registry numerous times (i have seen the correspondence) and not sure where to go from here. Purchaser has since pulled out due to the delay in closing, and property is now back on the market with more viewings later this week.

Anyone experiencing similar issues from a buying/selling perspective with the land registry or how can this process be sped up?? If we accept any new offers, we want to be sure that we can close this time round.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

musician21 wrote: »
    Hi,

We are currently selling our property and accepted an offer back in June. The solicitor requested a copy of the folios from the land registry around 23rd July and as of today, 17th October we are still waiting on the information - over 12 weeks later. Solicitor has followed up with Land registry numerous times (i have seen the correspondence) and not sure where to go from here. Purchaser has since pulled out due to the delay in closing, and property is now back on the market with more viewings later this week.

Anyone experiencing similar issues from a buying/selling perspective with the land registry or how can this process be sped up?? If we accept any new offers, we want to be sure that we can close this time round.

TIA

The buyer might find it amusing when their next attempted purchase also takes a significant amount of time.

The land folio requests are in, next buyer gets them without a delay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi,

TIA

Big delays at present. The buyer who pulled out will face the same problem with their next purchase :)

You should get them back by the time your next purchaser gets to that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

Are you sure it's a folio that your solicitor is waiting for ? A folio normally issues within 2-3 days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Possibly bought on www.landdirect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 musician21

busylady wrote: »
    Are you sure it's a folio that your solicitor is waiting for ? A folio normally issues within 2-3 days.

It was a certified copy of the instrument which was lodged in the Land Registry in order to register our title on a folio in order to vouch exactly which easements, rights and privileges were granted with the property. He is requesting this as we have no designated parking spots outside the property and noting in the original deeds lodged with the bank show if we actually have a right of way to drive to the front of our property from the main road.

Maybe im just mixing the two up :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Peachy07

Hi,

TIA

Did you get sorted in the end?

We are purchasing a house. Went sale agreed 6 months ago but the owner has an outstanding query with the land registry since November as the property wasn’t registered. Please tell me there’s and end in site as we really don’t want to pull out?

The query has now gone back to the original owner of the house and the solicitor is struggling to get in contact them to sign a form.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

sorry to drag up an old thread, we are looking to sell (we are in our current property just over 2 years) I have now just found out that my solicitor firm only sent our folio to the land registry in May 2020 so am very concerned this could cause delays to the sale (we have just gone sale agreed) has anyone encountered this issue?

I contacted the land registry office who advised if my solicitor sends a letter to expedite the process it may speed things up. We were hoping for a quick sale, very disappointed with my solicitors firm, I had already paid them a retainer to start the process with the sale when this info was brought to my attention and wondering is there a misconduct issue on their side in taking so long after we closed to send the register the folio.

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement