Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreadful customer service

Options
  • 17-10-2018 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was a meteor customer. My contract ended the 20th of Sept and I upgraded with Eir on the 5th of Oct. I filled in all my correct details online when purchasing my new phone. When I received the delivery details I noticed it was being sent to the wrong address. I contacted eir on Twitter who told me to return it to them and it would be posted out to my proper address within 10 days. Yesterday without warning I received an email confirming that my account was cancelled and my phone was cut off due to me returning the phone. My phone that I use for business and personal use. I have emailed eir. I have contacted you through social media. I drove 30mns to your shop today to be told that there was nothing they could do and handed a phone and a stool because it would be a long wait and messy trying to sort it out. I have set through a 25 minute wait for your customer care team to answer my phonecall to be told that i needed to be transferred to a different department only to be put on hold again for another 15mns and then the call has cut off. This has happened twice now since 4 o clock. I am at my wits end and no one is helping. Not so much as an apology for the mess that you have left me in without my work phone. I can't change to a different network because you have cancelled my number. This needs to be escalated immediately as I need my number back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I spent about 4 hours over the last 3 days trying to get through and constantly being pushed to another department. And it just so happens this department doesn't have a direct line. It's hands down the worst customer service I have come across.
    They decided to change my legacy plan and stick me on a 3o day sim only contract. And I got an email to say they were sending out my new sim to port over??? My old account on myeir has disappeared and nobody will tell me wtf is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Not an eir customer but I do drop in to read these threads and the recurring theme is nobody in eir ever seems to take responsibility to resolve issues

Customers are bounced around the place

Seems like an awful experience OP

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

EIR customer service is a disgrace. No answers, no accountability. No training I suspect.

I have spent at least 10 hours on phone to them over last 2 weeks..... Still no solution.

I believe there customer services are all outsources currently. Since EIR was sold there has been a decision by new owners to bring customer services all back in house..... But who knows how long that will take.

Their Cork office run by HCL is a disaster.

Millie9 wrote: »
    I was a meteor customer. My contract ended the 20th of Sept and I upgraded with Eir on the 5th of Oct. I filled in all my correct details online when purchasing my new phone. When I received the delivery details I noticed it was being sent to the wrong address. I contacted eir on Twitter who told me to return it to them and it would be posted out to my proper address within 10 days. Yesterday without warning I received an email confirming that my account was cancelled and my phone was cut off due to me returning the phone. My phone that I use for business and personal use. I have emailed eir. I have contacted you through social media. I drove 30mns to your shop today to be told that there was nothing they could do and handed a phone and a stool because it would be a long wait and messy trying to sort it out. I have set through a 25 minute wait for your customer care team to answer my phonecall to be told that i needed to be transferred to a different department only to be put on hold again for another 15mns and then the call has cut off. This has happened twice now since 4 o clock. I am at my wits end and no one is helping. Not so much as an apology for the mess that you have left me in without my work phone. I can't change to a different network because you have cancelled my number. This needs to be escalated immediately as I need my number back

Hi. I too have had my order sent to wrong address. The delay in my order is due to the fact that my eir code or postcode doesn't match my address on EIRs system. I'm waiting since Tuesday last week for this issue to be resolved.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just in relation to wrong addresses are ye not using Eircodes?

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote: »

Yes. But they don't match the actual address on EIRs system. Can't understand why..... But getting it sorted is taking weeks.

Engineers won't install until your postcode matches your address with EIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Millie9

Just after I started the meteor contract I moved house. I changed the address on my account. When I upgraded this month I filled in my billing and delivery address online but for some reason they were delivering the phone to my old address that I lived in previously. I have no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Eircodes are nonsense. mine says my address is in a town nearly than 20km away.

Right now all I want is my number back so I can move to a different network. I never want to have to deal with them again. If I have to change numbers then I will need to contact customers, reprint business cards etc. It would be a massive inconvenience and expense. I also have not had an active phone since Tues morning and so have potentially missed a lot of calls from customers. I need this sorted immediately and would appreciate an email address or phone number of a person who can actually deal with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

daheff wrote: »
    Eircodes are nonsense. mine says my address is in a town nearly than 20km away.

I use Eircodes daily to find hundreds of clients and I never see an incorrect one

• Advertisement

Just after I started the meteor contract I moved house. I changed the address on my account. When I upgraded this month I filled in my billing and delivery address online but for some reason they were delivering the phone to my old address that I lived in previously. I have no idea why

Same here. Courier delivered to old address.

I use Eircodes daily to find hundreds of clients and I never see an incorrect one

It's not the Eircodes. EIR customer service input your landline/account on their system...... It brings up your old address if they didn't merge your ard key with you new address when you moved.

Their incompetent staff don't pay attention if address isn't matching the order form address.

It's a technical thing on their system. The ard key will match your old Eircode.....if EIR haven't changed it.

They use ard key not Eircodes to deliver. They must match.

Any response at all Eir? Your customer service representative on Facebook has informed me that my number has been cancelled and that I probably will not be able to get the same number again. Can you confirm this? Are Eir going to compensate me for the time it will take to contact customers and suppliers, reprint business cards, reprint brochures, change websites if I have to get a new number. An absolute disaster all caused by a mistake on your part. You advised me to have the phone returned to you. Your customer service are absolutely no help whatsoever. I need this resolved immediately. I have already been 2.5 days without my business phone

Bump

Still being ignored by Eir through every avenue. All I want is my phone number back so I can switch provider. They made the mistake and I can't understand why they won't resolve it

Still being ignored by Eir through every avenue. All I want is my phone number back so I can switch provider. They made the mistake and I can't understand why they won't resolve it

Wasting your time expecting a call back. A customer service rep told me they arent allowed call customers back. Call centres too busy for call backs.... they are banned.

Get on to a supervisor. Demand to speak to one. Then ask them to lodge a Formal complaint on your behalf. I don't mean lodge a complaint on their website..... that's pointless and a waste of time.

Formal complaint route is best way to go. They have to come back to you.

Advertisement