Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

injector warning light

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The air passing over the rad as you drive it is more than enough to keep it cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amazingannieb

martyc5674 wrote: »
    The air passing over the rad as you drive it is more than enough to keep it cool.
    thanks for all you help and advice im more enlighten now and ill check all maybe a fuse in the engine compartment is blown who now ill check all and lets you now at the week end again thanks so much i feel a great deal more confident now

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amazingannieb

thanks for all you help and advice im more enlighten now and ill check all maybe a fuse in the engine compartment is blown who now ill check all and lets you now at the week end again thanks so much i feel a great deal more confident now
    good night now and have a safe and good week end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Regarding the fans the seconds fan is almost alwats seized or will feel really stiff  as in our climate it never comes on. Also idling is not a good way to heat up a diesel. the JTD van could take literally 45 minutes to get to the stage the fan will come on in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I still highly recommend getting multiecuscan and learning to read the codes yourself. Theres nothing like a warning light to spoil your holiday and a lot of the time its something innocuous that you dont need to worry about at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Multiecuscan is a great diagnostic tool .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Regarding the fans the seconds fan is almost alwats seized or will feel really stiff  as in our climate it never comes on. Also idling is not a good way to heat up a diesel. the JTD van could take literally 45 minutes to get to the stage the fan will come on in this weather.

Yeah that’s true, idle is the wrong word... I suppose what I should have said was Rev it at around 2000 while stationary, as the fan will rarely kick in driving.

You need multiecuscan aswell though... Great but of kit.
    I have one of those 3 pin OBD converter leads aswell(found it last night)
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Drive it until fully warm, then return to your drive and leave it running. It will be fully warm and there will be very little air over the rad. This should invoke the fan(s)

Advertisement