Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock - How's Your Commute?

Options
  • 17-10-2018 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

We're considering Kilcock as an area to purchase in. Currently in Celbridge.
    Broadly speaking, for those working in Dublin City Centre - how is your commute?
    How are the public transport links?
    When the schools are off do you find it a reasonable commute? Presumably its fairly cat when the schools are on.
    Coming home, can driving feel like a bit of a chore or is it alright?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

I work in Smithfield. Commute from Kilcock. Nowadays it's about 1:10 in and about 40/50 home. When the schools are off you'd be in in 40 mins. You'd save less home. Probably still be about 40 home.

I've given up trying to make up time going in. I just leave early enough and just use the time to listen to the radio and have a cup of tea. You can't let the traffic get to you or it'll wear you out.

Alternatively you could get a motorbike and get in in 15/20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I work in blancherstown/Tryellstown depending on the time I leave its 25-35 mins.
    There are a few back roads I take if I hear there is traffic on the motorway (get on at dunboyne train station).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 swehttamd

Work in SCR behind Jambo hosp. Takes roughly 50m in the morn & 1hr in the evening - on weekends or after rush hour 30-40 mins. tops.

Advertisement