Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I report companies not applying the sugar tax. Mod Warning Pst 27

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Emma K09 wrote: »
    But it's common sense not to give 8 year old kinds cola. It's not asking much. We only have diet drinks in the fridge at home. How is it my responsibility not to give kids fattening sugar and sugar that will make them hyper for their parents at home.

Actually as a responsible parent you shouldn't be giving children chemical sweetners anyway . It is bad for the gut bacteria

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

But it's common sense not to give 8 year old kinds cola. It's not asking much. We only have diet drinks in the fridge at home. How is it my responsibility not to give kids fattening sugar and sugar that will make them hyper for their parents at home.

If you have dietary requirements for your children, you tell the parents throwing the party so they can accommodate your child. Or give them a drink to bring next time?

Tbh..I wouldn't be having a supply of diet drinks in the fridge for my kids though?

• Site Banned Posts: 14 Emma K09

If you have dietary requirements for your children, you tell them to the parents throwing the party so they can accommodate your child. Or give them a drink to bring next time?

It's not a dietary requirement though, it's common sense in my opinion not to give kids full cola. It's full of toxins imo.
    Tbh..I wouldn't be having a supply of diet drinks in the fridge for my kids though?

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Your child was at a party
    parties are sugar filled treats

It's not a dietary requirement though, it's common sense in my opinion not to give kids full cola. It's full of toxins imo.

Why?

Have you not read the previous posts ? Artificial chemical sweetners are harmful for gut bacteria . Give them water or fruit juices with no additives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Why report the company, they purchased the coke so they have all ready paid the sugar tax, doesn't matter if they give it away.
    8 year old at a kids party playing on bouncing castles ect with the other kids of course there going to be full of beans there kids.

Plus an excited child after a party that's not hyperactive..
    There is a real medical condition of hyperactivety but thats in relation to a child been diagnosed with hyperactive Sense's to sencery stimulation.

Sugar does not cause this.
    So if you're child does not have a medical diagnosis.
    For the love of God stop saying you child was hyperactive,
    They were just been a happy excited child who had great fun at a birthday party.
    It normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Why?

MOD

OP,

The ingredients aren't based on opinion, they are on the side of the can/bottle.

Discuss what you want about how you don't want your kid to have sugar drinks. But this isn't really the place to argue the content of the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Why?

A quick google search can answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nutser

Hoboo wrote:
    Have you ever heard of Aspartame? I think you need to educate yourself on the ingredients of diet drinks, and stop worrying about one can of 'full fat' cola at a kids party.

This. I would much rather my child had an occasional full sugar fizzy drink than anything with those artificial sweeteners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

How do you know they're not applying the sugar tax and if they're not kindly tell us where it is so I can gorge on Classic Coke.

• Advertisement

MOD

OP,

The ingredients aren't based on opinion, they are on the side of the can/bottle.

Discuss what you want about how you don't want your kid to have sugar drinks. But this isn't really the place to argue the content of the drink.

Caffeine, sugars etc ARE toxins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Are they really? Have you links for this?

Actually the artificial sweeteners far worse for a childs developing bowel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The kid was probably hyper at being let out of prison for a few hours.

It's not a dietary requirement though, it's common sense in my opinion not to give kids full cola. It's full of toxins imo

The bit in bold is the important bit. In your opinion. When your kid goes to a party you are playing by someone else's rules. If you want your rules adhered to, you tell the parents throwing the party, or give your child a drink yourself.

What about the food your child got? I can't imagine it was steamed broccoli and boiled rice? Why don't you have an issue with the (most likely) unhealthy food they had?
    Why?

Carbonated drinks can be really bad for you, depending on what it is. Diet coke is supposed to be bad for your kidneys. Also we were always told in school that drinking carbonated drinks while eating is really bad for your teeth as it scrapes the enamel away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

probably because the sweeteners are much more dangerous than the sugar itself. ;)
    Why would you want to cause a business trouble because you didn't tell the responsible adult not to give your child cola? It is not their fault.
    I have never been to a party where children weren't given fizzy drinks. I have been to parties though where parents took responsibility for their own children and either went themselves to prevent the child from drinking and eating sugar or they told the adult responsible for the children not to give it to them.
    Use it as a learning experience and dont try and destroy someone's livelihood because you didnt do something you should have.

Summary: Artificial sweeteners may be associated with long-term weight gain and increased risk of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease, according to a new study. ... Consumption of artificial sweeteners, such as aspartame and sucralose, is widespread and increasing.Jul 17, 2017

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

MOD

I'm giving you an opportunity to speak your piece.

By doing so, I'm directing you on the discussion that is suitable to this forum, from the perspective that it's to offer parenting advice. We won't be engaging in chemical warfare over the classification of any items that may be within the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If you didn’t want your child to have certain things you should have told the parents throwing the party or better either supervised your own child there. I’d have been a lot more upset if my child was given a diet drink fir the reasons already given by other posters.

bee06 wrote: »
    If you didn’t want your child to have certain things you should have told the parents throwing the party or better either supervised your own child there. I’d have been a lot more upset if my child was given a diet drink fir the reasons already given by other posters.

But why should I have to prewarn them. It's common sense not to give a can of cola riddle with sugar, caffeine and toxins to a child.

Would you need to be told not to give a child red bull or beer?

But why should I have to prewarn them.

Because you're so irate that your kid was given something you want report them for tax evasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

But why should I have to prewarn them. It's common sense not to give a can of cola riddle with sugar, caffeine and toxins to a child.

Are you TROL from the MUP thread?

MOD

Ok, seems OP is constantly going down the Toxin route. Closing this out. As that's not really our issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement