Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's wrong with some kids .

Options
  • 17-10-2018 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

hi
    So before any one gives out for my poor english, just to let them know iam not native English speaker.

So story is one of my wife's friend who works for children hospital was tried to be mugged by approx 12-15 year's old. She was going to work in night , here this guy comes and says he has knife and wants all the money and phone and started hitting her. Thankfully she was near some camera and hospital security came for help. They did caught the kid, but i guess will be let go.

Most of the time these young kids will be passing very bad remarks (vulgar) and showing signs.

Who should be responsible for these surely the parents. Why govt is funding in social housing and these parents cannot take care of their child.
    Why i said social housing, as there are lots of houses near hospital social housing.

Just make the area look bad.
    Then people blame non nationals took their work. But surely if these kids are educated properly and trained , Iam sure they will be the first one to be considered for job.

<Mod Note>
    Edited to remove generalisation about a particular area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

lovehathi wrote: »
    hi
    So before any one gives out for my poor english, just to let them know iam not native English speaker.

So story is one of my wife's friend who works for children hospital was tried to be mugged by approx 12-15 year's old. She was going to work in night , here this guy comes and says he has knife and wants all the money and phone and started hitting her. Thankfully she was near some camera and hospital security came for help. They did caught the kid, but i guess will be let go.

Most of the time these young kids will be passing very bad remarks (vulgar) and showing signs.

Who should be responsible for these surely the parents. Why govt is funding in social housing and these parents cannot take care of their child.
    Why i said social housing, as there are lots of houses near hospital social housing.

Then people blame non nationals took their work. But surely if these kids are educated properly and trained , Iam sure they will be the first one to be considered for job.

Welcome to Ireland mate.
    The more social housing in an area the more you get anti-social behaviour and violent crime by children at night. But our politicians say it has nothing to do with the social housing and lazy parents, its just a complete coincidence with no evidence to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Not really an accommodation and property issue

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

Thanks mod

But one thing i didn't get is, why you have quoted generalization. when I referred some kids, also this situation arose in the place i mentioned.
    hi

<Mod Note>
    Edited to remove generalisation about a particular area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Shocking stuff.

Hope the woman is ok.

I do always hope these guys will pick on the wrong person and have their arse handed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Kids can behave like this anywhere.
    Large estates/social housing does tend to exacerbate this.problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Welcome to Ireland mate. The more social housing in an area the more you get anti-social behaviour and violent crime by children at night. But our politicians say it has nothing to do with the social housing and lazy parents, its just a complete coincidence with no evidence to back it up.

I have kids but live in a private estate. There's no way that my kids can go roam and cause havoc because I give a damn about them doing their school homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

particular area
    I'm guessing said area is one of the "problem areas" that are easier to let go to hell.

OP; tell your wife's friend to get the bus from well lit areas. Taking shortcuts can lead to said problems. Also, advise her to take up martial arts, and to ensure she carries a 4D Maglite... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They did caught the kid, but i guess will be let go.
    Doubt it. That's a serious crime against the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Lumen wrote: »

Serious crime goes unpunished in Ireland. Due to lack of adequate funding in the prison system, judges rarely sentence offenders to prison time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

That’s true, amount of times you read the news paper, pooor johnie who has 199 previous convictions is a decent man, just had a bad upbringing, walks away from court smiling and does exact same thing that night.

Poor David, who has no previous convictions, didn’t pay his tv license or bin charges, gets a conviction and possible prison sentence!

System is flawed, the amount of little sh;ts going around these days that have no fear of the law or any consequences of their action. No matter what part of the country you’re in.

It will get worse if it doesn’t change!
    Serious crime goes unpunished in Ireland. Due to lack of adequate funding in the prison system, judges rarely sentence offenders to prison time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭The Student

I lived in the area that this thread relates to (before the location was removed from the thread details).

I can tell you that the Guards are well aware of who are involved but due to their age they will not be prosecuted. When the Guards bring the matter to the parents of these individuals the parents make formal complaints about the Guards.

These areas are "run" by a small number of large families and if you try to take them on you are taking on a large number of individuals.

It is a societal problem that goes on for generations and unless the State tackles the issue it will continue.

It is unfortunate that 99.9% of the people who live in these areas are the nicest most decent people you will ever meet in your life. It is the .1% of people who make it a nightmare for everybody else and the State doesn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I believe if they are able to commit the crime then doesn't matter the age as they can do the time.

Prison has turned into a place to embrace and let them do what they want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Serious crimes against the person like robbery and assault?

Please cite specific cases similar to this one if you know of any.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but to my knowledge its mostly property crime and low level scumbaggery that goes unpunished.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Kids can behave like this anywhere.
    Large estates/social housing does tend to exacerbate this.problem.

It's not everywhere. Living in Germany for over 15 years and I see nothing like the behaviour I experience with teens back in Ireland. Here they have respect, something which seems to be seriously lacking in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭The Student

I believe if they are able to commit the crime then doesn't matter the age as they can do the time.

Prison has turned into a place to embrace and let them do what they want to do.

Exactly, prison life is not a deterrent. Why cant prisoners be made work for the State to repay towards their crimes. I personally am in favour of "chain gangs".

Prisoners should be made clean canals, cut grass, clean up graffiti etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I'm not saying you're wrong, but to my knowledge its mostly property crime and low level scumbaggery that goes unpunished.

Don’t really have the time to look extensively but after 2 secs of googling

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/courts-youth-incident-4271519-Oct2018/%3Famp%3D1

Dozens and dozens more if I could be bothered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1016/1003598-knife-attack-dublin/
    She had gone on trial for that offence and a jury had returned a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity.

Two weeks after getting a slap on the wrist she went on to assault another women and caused grievous bodily harm to the victim. Hopefully this time she gets the book thrown at her but who knows with Ireland's "hug-a-hoodie" approach to serious crime.

--

As for the OP; All I can say is that you're 100% right and thankfully it's easy to spot the miscreants. Puffer jackets + sweat pants.

Advertisement