Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas market gin selling rules

Options
  • 17-10-2018 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi planning on selling slow gin at a christmas market...
    but dont no if i need permit/ license ? any help...not making the gin but changing it into slow gin...is there the usual regulations or is there any short term way to sell legally or way around thats not illegal...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

hi planning on selling slow gin at a christmas market...
    but dont no if i need permit/ license ? any help...not making the gin but changing it into slow gin...is there the usual regulations or is there any short term way to sell legally or way around thats not illegal...

I’d start off speaking with the market organiser. If they don’t know, they can put you in touch with the trading officer at your local council who will know.
    The workarounds, like free booze when you buy x I believe were closed with the recent alcohol bill.

Love Sloe Gin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Unless you're licensed to sell it , you can't sell alcohol no matter where you are. You could give it away for free if your customers brought something else?? There was a guy once in the Dun Laoghaire Market who used to give away a glass of white wine with his oysters to circumvent this law

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

They could buy tue brown paper bag and get the gin free with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Think those free options closed with the recent alcohol bill. Gotta look after the Publicans......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I was at a bar set up on a marquee.

You bought a token, then used the made up token to buy a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

_Brian wrote: »
    I was at a bar set up on a marquee.

You bought a token, then used the made up token to buy a drink.

Were they licensed?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Need an off licence to sell alcohol for consumption off the premises. You'll struggle getting a licence without a premises.

There is little pop up bars at weddings and festivals but they usually operate under an extension of hotel or pub licence.

Advertisement