Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got Called To Go On Jobpath

• 17-10-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭

I got my letter from Seetec this morning.I have heard about all the negative aspects of this program.My brief dealings with these people before, have not been positive.What can i expect to happen at the information session, and during my time on the program?How often a week, are people normally expected to attend?Do i have a right, not to sign the personal progression plan?

I would be skeptical of this jobpath scheme.Seetec is a company only motivated by profit, and a company that does not have the jobseekers best interests at heart.Has anyone had a positive experience while on the program?Is there anyone, who actually enjoyed being on this program?Im willing to engage with the program.But i don't want to sign the personal progression plan.I don't want to give these people, permission to harass me with phone calls texts and emails etc.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

More info here:

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/JobPath.aspx

You can opt out of them contacting employers on your behalf but Im not sure you can opt out of essential parts of their programme.

Maybe if you explain to them that its not suitable for you or if you get a job in the meantime they will release you from having to comply with the terms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

More info here:

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/JobPath.aspx

You can opt out of them contacting employers on your behalf but Im not sure you can opt out of essential parts of their programme.

Maybe if you explain to them that its not suitable for you or if you get a job in the meantime they will release you from having to comply with the terms

Im willing to engage with the program.But i don't trust their motives.So for those reasons, i don't want to sign the personal progression plan.I also don't want them, contacting my future employer either.

Well the information session is over with.To be fair the guy speaking on behalf of Seetec, seemed friendly enough.Although a few things stuck out for me.He went on about how apparently successful seetec have been, since the government hired them with regards to finding employment and tackling unemployment.But in reality the jobpath program has only had a success rate of 18%.

There was subtle intimidation that the PPP plan had to be signed.He kept going on about when you sign the PPP plan, when you agree the PPP plan etc and it said on the power point display, that signing the PPP plan was mandatory.However there was a case where someone who agreed to attend all meetings, but refused to sign the PPP plan had their payment stopped by the department.

But they took things further legally, and it was eventually found out that the department, should not have been sanctioning people who agreed to take part in the jobpath scheme, but refused to sign the PPP plan.This person had their payment reinstated, with all payments that were wrongly denied refunded.Now i have to meet my pa tomorrow afternoon.I'll do everything that is asked of me, short of signing the PPP plan.I'll say to my PA that while i will engage in all activities agreed in the PPP plan, i will not sign it.

The aftermath of me saying that is an awkward moment, that i am not looking forward to.But i'll just tell him/her that while i want to engage with the program, i don't feel comfortable with signing the PPP plan.I'd imagine the PA won't be happy, seeing that their signing up commission will be denied.But so be it.I think it has been proven time and time again that the jobseeker is not Seetecs/Turas Nuas number 1 responsibility.How long does it take btw to complete their 60 questions assessment?Apparently some of the questions asked in it, are very demeaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Why would there be an awkward moment?You don’t have a personal or even working relationship with Seetec so why would you feel awkward?
    Where have any of your allegations been “proven”? Here?
    18% of people get jobs but over 45% of people referred to Seetec/TN find out that they should be on another SW payment (DA, CA, OPFP, WFP) instead and are referred back to SW to apply for the right payment.
    It’s not Seetecs fault they’re not on the right payment.
    Sign or don’t sign I don’t think the person your dealing with is going to take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Well the information session is over with.To be fair the guy speaking on behalf of Seetec, seemed friendly enough.Although a few things stuck out for me.He went on about how apparently successful seetec have been, since the government hired them with regards to finding employment and tackling unemployment.But in reality the jobpath program has only had a success rate of 18%.

There was subtle intimidation that the PPP plan had to be signed.He kept going on about when you sign the PPP plan, when you agree the PPP plan etc and it said on the power point display, that signing the PPP plan was mandatory.However there was a case where someone who agreed to attend all meetings, but refused to sign the PPP plan had their payment stopped by the department.

But they took things further legally, and it was eventually found out that the department, should not have been sanctioning people who agreed to take part in the jobpath scheme, but refused to sign the PPP plan.This person had their payment reinstated, with all payments that were wrongly denied refunded.Now i have to meet my pa tomorrow afternoon.I'll do everything that is asked of me, short of signing the PPP plan.I'll say to my PA that while i will engage in all activities agreed in the PPP plan, i will not sign it.

The aftermath of me saying that is an awkward moment, that i am not looking forward to.But i'll just tell him/her that while i want to engage with the program, i don't feel comfortable with signing the PPP plan.I'd imagine the PA won't be happy, seeing that their signing up commission will be denied.But so be it.I think it has been proven time and time again that the jobseeker is not Seetecs/Turas Nuas number 1 responsibility.How long does it take btw to complete their 60 questions assessment?Apparently some of the questions asked in it, are very demeaning.

When I was with them last spring I told them I was unable to sign the PPP electronically as I was computer illiterate but they forged my name on it.When I got a job on my own but as I have always done for the last 40 years they somehow found out where it was (I presume from SW or revenue) as I never told them I was going to work.They rang my employer twice but he refused to give out any info about his staff. They are a very shady bunch of operators..Some of the 60 questions are quite personal like can you manage your money, do you have friends does your family support you and do you have a bank account..Just refuse to answer those type of questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Now i have to meet my pa tomorrow afternoon.I'll do everything that is asked of me, short of signing the PPP plan.I'll say to my PA that while i will engage in all activities agreed in the PPP plan, i will not sign it.

The aftermath of me saying that is an awkward moment, that i am not looking forward to.But i'll just tell him/her that while i want to engage with the program, i don't feel comfortable with signing the PPP plan.I'd imagine the PA won't be happy, seeing that their signing up commission will be denied.

You make sure you bring up the PPP before he/she does and say with light conciliatory tone that you've thought about it and decided against signing it and that it's not something you'll be reconsidering. And note, as you say yourself that you'll engage with your handler as a grown up who doesn't need his hand holding under contract (or words to that effect)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

My husband was on jobpath. He then started a course through our local etb, while still on jobpath, but they couldn’t do anything as essentially the etb was paying him a training allowance. He did his 1 year course and started a full time position staight after his exams in the company he did his work experience with.
    Jobpath are constantly texting him & leaving him voice mails asking is he still working for this company. I don’t know how they know where he is working, but even when he blocks the number they start using a different number. They are a joke!!

So i had the initial meeting with the PA.To be fair she came across as nice and friendly.She actually seemed genuinely taken aback, when i said is it true, that you only want to give people, any old job to get the commission?She said that she get's a basic wage, but the PA's don't receive any commission.

What was arranged is that i will come in for a few interview preparation classes, for the next three weeks.She wants me to attend some sort of one off hopes and aspirations talk as well.I said will these courses last all day, but she said i won't be in the centre for any longer than an hour, for any course i attend there.

I questioned her about the contacting of my employers if i get a job, but she said that in that scenario any calls will be directed towards me.That no contact will be made with the employer.But i guess they would say that.The 60 question assessment was nowhere near as bad as i feared either.In fact some of the questions i was fearing, didn't even show up.However i didn't like the open plan setting of the interview.I would prefer no to be talking about personal stuff, with half the room within earshot.

I didn't sign the PPP, but i didn't reject her outright either.She just said to let her know by Friday morning, and if i wish to sign, then come in and do just that.If she came aross as horrible, i would have stuck to my guns.But she sort of won me over, and she seems really confident that i'll have a job in no time.To be honest i was happy enough with everything.I was happy enough with the arrangements made in my PPP, and my PA came across really well.I don't know, i was so determined not to sign.But with regards to the initial meeting, and what was agreed, all is good as far as im concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thinkingahead

My PA was lovely to start off with too, that will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't be fooled, they want you to sign and they are trained to get you to sign (she may well be a nice woman as well of course but that is besides the point).

• Advertisement

I don't think i will sign.There's things in the unsigned PPP that i did not agree to.Attend 1.5 hour jobsearch per week.That's grand.Make 4 job applications per week grand.But they also want me to send 10 speculative job applications a week.That's basically sending cv's and covering letter, to random companies not advertising roles.So basically they would want me to apply for 14 jobs a week.They also want me to attend 2 job interviews, every 15 working days.Well how can i attend a job interview, unless i am invited to one?

I want a job, but i get the feeling that they will want me applying for any old job.I'll just need to ask my PA some hard questions about this.The proposed PPP plan is for 13 weeks.Then if i am still unemployed after those initial 13 weeks, they will draw up another one.Does that mean that people who sign up initially, are only signed up for 13 weeks?I guess that must be the case, if the initial PPP plan is for the first 13 weeks.

My PA was lovely to start off with too, that will change.

Exactly! And if the PA doesn't change they will be got rid of and replaced by a bull dog, I saw it happen a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I went down for my final meeting with Seetec this morning. Do I now have to go to SW to sign on again or something? Never got any paper work from them. A handshake and goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

I went down for my final meeting with Seetec this morning. Do I now have to go to SW to sign on again or something? Never got any paper work from them. A handshake and goodbye.

Call into your Social Welfare office and let them know you have completed your time with Seetec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

My partner just finished a year with seetec but then she got a letter to attend a "Moving on Gateway" from them? Anyone have an idea what that is?

My partner just finished a year with seetec but then she got a letter to attend a "Moving on Gateway" from them? Anyone have an idea what that is?

Is that not a Tus like scheme? I see that the Gateway scheme is closed to participants at the moment accounting to CI.

Yesterday, I was talking to an old man who lives in the estate next to mine. He’s a lad who goes out and cuts the grass and trims the hedges in the communal areas of the estate off his own bat. He had two lads in their 20’s with him yesterday trimming the edges. Jokingly, I asked if he got himself apprentices and he told we that Tus sent them to him to give him a hand. No idea how or why. The lads looked embarrassed as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Is that not a Tus like scheme? I see that the Gateway scheme is closed to participants at the moment accounting to CI.

Yesterday, I was talking to an old man who lives in the estate next to mine. He’s a lad who goes out and cuts the grass and trims the hedges in the communal areas of the estate off his own bat. He had two lads in their 20’s with him yesterday trimming the edges. Jokingly, I asked if he got himself apprentices and he told we that Tus sent them to him to give him a hand. No idea how or why. The lads looked embarrassed as hell.

It's on a seetec letter head so I don't know really what it is.

I assume that once she finished the year and that she is no longer on their books, she doesn’t have to bother her hole.

End of programme review:

“If you have not moved into work by the end of your 52 weeks on JobPath you will have a review meeting with your Employment Adviser. You will receive a final version of your Personal Progression Plan which will include a Moving-On Plan with links to further support and a reference letter stating any work experience, employment, education or training you have undertaken

You will receive a further 6 months access to our online training modules”

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brojj

Has anybody refused to sign PPP but still turn up to appointments, and if so were they sanctioned by DSP for not signing the PPP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

So i had the initial meeting with the PA.To be fair she came across as nice and friendly.She actually seemed genuinely taken aback, when i said is it true, that you only want to give people, any old job to get the commission?She said that she get's a basic wage, but the PA's don't receive any commission.

What was arranged is that i will come in for a few interview preparation classes, for the next three weeks.She wants me to attend some sort of one off hopes and aspirations talk as well.I said will these courses last all day, but she said i won't be in the centre for any longer than an hour, for any course i attend there.

I questioned her about the contacting of my employers if i get a job, but she said that in that scenario any calls will be directed towards me.That no contact will be made with the employer.But i guess they would say that.The 60 question assessment was nowhere near as bad as i feared either.In fact some of the questions i was fearing, didn't even show up.However i didn't like the open plan setting of the interview.I would prefer no to be talking about personal stuff, with half the room within earshot.

I didn't sign the PPP, but i didn't reject her outright either.She just said to let her know by Friday morning, and if i wish to sign, then come in and do just that.If she came aross as horrible, i would have stuck to my guns.But she sort of won me over, and she seems really confident that i'll have a job in no time.To be honest i was happy enough with everything.I was happy enough with the arrangements made in my PPP, and my PA came across really well.I don't know, i was so determined not to sign.But with regards to the initial meeting, and what was agreed, all is good as far as im concerned.

They come across very friendly initially or at least try to but there's always a motive behind it. Dont trust it, theyre trying to catch you out. Even if there is nothing to 'catch out'.
    If you dont sign the PPP your social welfare will be cut, she will report it and accuse you of not engaging with the programme.

When I started with Seetec I was just about to begin a 2 week temporary teaching job. I had informed social welfare, my payments were suspended for the weeks I worked, all was above board.
    I then told the employment advisor as I had to change our next appointment till after the 2 weeks, her attitude changed towards me completely, she became very antagonistic, made me feel like a criminal, questioned me relentlessly about how much I would be getting paid. Questioned me like I was lying to her, pulled faces when I didnt answer how she wanted me to or when I asked questions. It was very uncomfortable.

I went into our first meeting with optimism feeling hopeful they could help me with cv's, interviews etc as I was a new graduate struggling to secure employment. I left that same meeting with the understanding that her intentions were not in my best interests and she was not there to help me at all. They are there to attempt to catch people out and condescend to people on the dole.

She 'helped' me with a cv but the cv was not appropriate for a teaching position, it was tailored towards business/retail and although I altered it she had me remove a large chunk of what id written.
    I ended up contacting a professional interview coach myself a few weeks later who helped me put together an adequate cv and gave me great tips for interviews.
    The employment advisor sent me links to jobs I wasn't qualified for or have no experience in. She hadnt a clue and was a complete waste of my time. Not that I particularly minded going in an hour once a week, it was her general attitude and the mistrust I developed towards her and the center that effected my willingness to want to participate, even the receptionist had a bad attitude. I could have happily put up with this if they had at least made themselves useful but the advisor was no help at all, infact im cringing to think I applied to schools using the cv she did out for me. When I sent the cv to the interview coach she told me not to submit it to any schools. Seetec could have literally cost me a job.

I have since started another temporary position (im a teacher so sub allot) - I told the employment adviser as id to cancel our next appointment, she replied looking for all my employers details, I havnt replied and don't intend too. The advisers are commissioned when you get a job, even if you get that job by yourself.
    Once you find employment they will email you looking for employer information so they can 'close your file'. If you don't respond they will receive the information through revenue, contact the employer to ask about you and receive a nice bonus for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoo1

Once you find employment they will email you looking for employer information so they can 'close your file'. If you don't respond they will receive the information through revenue, contact the employer to ask about you and receive a nice bonus for themselves.
    I doubt Revenue are supplying sensitive taxpayer information to a private company such as Seetec. Seetec may ask the DSP for information, but the DSP don’t request employer information when a claim is closed, and I doubt the DSP would provide that info either, regardless of a Seetec client signing a contract or not. If you have solid information to contradict that I would be interested to know?

There is no obligation on a Seetec client to give consent for an employer or future employers details to Seetec. The short period I was on Jobpath in early 2016 I never gave them these details and insisted contact be only made through email when I wasn’t present in the Jobpath centre. If you give them consent they will contact employers and spam your CV out to companies, which is not good. So I would say just don’t give consent if you believe you can gain employment yourself.

I gained employment five weeks into my time at Jobpath. I sourced, interviewed, and got the role without any help from Seetec. They spammed my email with employer requests which I did not answer. It was when they rang myself that I put an end to that nonsense. I emailed the DSP, and cc Seetec and my Local TD, and that ended communication.

I would say just humor them with the CV. They have to be seen to be doing something. Apart from one year during the recession and two years of college I was working from the age of 14 to now (41) so I have a decent work history and CV. They tried to dumb mine down. I just nodded and smiled and used my own CV rather than what they suggested.

Jobpath is pretty pointless imo, schemes such as TUS and CE are of far more value in my view, they can give an individual some purpose and the ability to learn some skills that may help them gain sustained employment, not forgetting the mention the benefits to local communities.

eoo1 wrote: »
    I doubt Revenue are supplying sensitive taxpayer information to a private company such as Seetec. Seetec may ask the DSP for information, but the DSP don’t request employer information when a claim is closed, and I doubt the DSP would provide that info either, regardless of a Seetec client signing a contract or not. If you have solid information to contradict that I would be interested to know?

There is no obligation on a Seetec client to give consent for an employer or future employers details to Seetec. The short period I was on Jobpath in early 2016 I never gave them these details and insisted contact be only made through email when I wasn’t present in the Jobpath centre. If you give them consent they will contact employers and spam your CV out to companies, which is not good. So I would say just don’t give consent if you believe you can gain employment yourself.

I gained employment five weeks into my time at Jobpath. I sourced, interviewed, and got the role without any help from Seetec. They spammed my email with employer requests which I did not answer. It was when they rang myself that I put an end to that nonsense. I emailed the DSP, and cc Seetec and my Local TD, and that ended communication.

I would say just humor them with the CV. They have to be seen to be doing something. Apart from one year during the recession and two years of college I was working from the age of 14 to now (41) so I have a decent work history and CV. They tried to dumb mine down. I just nodded and smiled and used my own CV rather than what they suggested.

Jobpath is pretty pointless imo, schemes such as TUS and CE are of far more value in my view, they can give an individual some purpose and the ability to learn some skills that may help them gain sustained employment, not forgetting the mention the benefits to local communities.

I was with them up until last April..Got a job myself and never told TN or social welfare.. Two weeks into my job my employer comes to me and told me TN had phoned twice looking for me..He told them he couldn't give info out about his employees and they would have to contact me directly.. But as I have no phone or email address this was not possible..So who could have given them the info on my job? The only ones who knew we're Revenue.. Other than that I have no idea how they found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoo1

Snip
    That's strange alright, they spent the best part of two months trying to get the information out of myself via email, they never got it and gave up. If that happened to myself I would submit a data request from the revenue, even ring revenue and find out. It's sensitive information, and I still don't believe the Revenue would give that information out. What you've posted suggests otherwise though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

brojj wrote: »
    Has anybody refused to sign PPP but still turn up to appointments, and if so were they sanctioned by DSP for not signing the PPP

Didn't sign it, told them at the first meeting I wouldn't be signing and he said it was fine as long as I turned up for the appointments. Was only 'with' them for a couple of months but heard nothing from the DSP about not signing and didn't have any money cut etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Didn't sign it, told them at the first meeting I wouldn't be signing and he said it was fine as long as I turned up for the appointments. Was only 'with' them for a couple of months but heard nothing from the DSP about not signing and didn't have any money cut etc.

You don't "sign" the PPP though. Not in my case anyway. You use the computer mouse and what is on the screen is nothing like my real signature.

It looks like a 4 year old did it on MS paint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that you made, so it is your signiture

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brojj

How frequent will they ask to come in to these meetings. I don't want them hassling me or future employers. It seems a big joke from what I am reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

brojj wrote: »
    How frequent will they ask to come in to these meetings. I don't want them hassling me or future employers. It seems a big joke from what I am reading

It is a big joke. There's no benefit in it unless youre computer illiterate and have no access to the internet to apply for jobs.
    You go for one hour a week to sit by yourself searching for jobs and attend a quick meeting with the employment adviser once every two months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Asked turas nua for a grant for a forklift course a week ago and they've never got back to me...yet if i miss an appointment there on to me in a shot ffs!

frosty123 wrote: »
    Asked turas nua for a grant for a forklift course a week ago and they've never got back to me...yet if i miss an appointment there on to me in a shot ffs!

I wonder if its like Tus or Back to education, where they are allocated 500e a year for each participant for training.

Just a quick one for anyone interested in what's at the end of Jobpath. I finished the year, the last day I received a letter to say I completed the year and was told to give it to Social at my next appointment. I didn't go up to the SW, I just waited.
    I got a letter 3 weeks later to attend an 'individual activation meeting' with an SW employment support member. At that meeting, I got a couple of tips on Jobsplus and if I was interested in TUS scheme and that e500 available for training if wanted to pick something through Obair. Meeting lasted 20 mins. Was told the LES /Obair would be in contact soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1993429747405279&id=784299231651676

After 3 years of trying to get figures relating to Jobpath, today I finally managed to get them. The figures are shocking! Since 2015, €149million has been given to the private companies Turas Nua and Seetec. 190,000 people have been referred to the companies and unbelievably only 9% of people or 17,100 have been sustained in a job for 52 weeks or more. JobPath is a complete waste of taxpayers’ money and needs to be scrapped immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Seetec were a total joke to deal with, I am working over a year and a half now and I’ve blocked their calls so many times yet they use a different number, same with email.

The last email they sent they wanted contact information of my current manager to ‘have on their files and link in with’

I totally ignored that email and any correspondence since. This has been going on and on, plus ringing 5-8 times a day. I did inform them I have a permanent job and don’t require their assistance, as I literally signed on for 4 weeks and got a job straightaway. Roll on a year and half later, they are still in contact :(

bri007 wrote: »
    Seetec were a total joke to deal with, I am working over a year and a half now and I’ve blocked their calls so many times yet they use a different number, same with email.

The last email they sent they wanted contact information of my current manager to ‘have on their files and link in with’

I totally ignored that email and any correspondence since. This has been going on and on, plus ringing 5-8 times a day. I did inform them I have a permanent job and don’t require their assistance, as I literally signed on for 4 weeks and got a job straightaway. Roll on a year and half later, they are still in contact :(

Under GDPR, you should be able to send them a letter and ask them to delete any details they have on you on file. Being a private company, they have to comply.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Under GDPR, you should be able to send them a letter and ask them to delete any details they have on you on file. Being a private company, they have to comply.
    As agents for the Dept I assume they are entitled to process personal data on their clients in order to do their tasks. This meets the requirements under GDPR (assuming data storage and retention policies are in order).
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

As agents for the Dept I assume they are entitled to process personal data on their clients in order to do their tasks. This meets the requirements under GDPR (assuming data storage and retention policies are in order).
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But when the client is no longer required to attend?

But when the client is no longer required to attend?
    What is their role for the Dept in terms closing out each clients case?

What is their role for the Dept in terms closing out each clients case?

The Dept contracted them to help Jobseekers find jobs.
    For some reason “helping Jobseekers find jobs” never took off in the local SW offices, in any way, so outside agents had to be brought in.
    I’m kinda close to the situation and what Seetec/TN have been brilliant at is identifying Jobseeker payment claimants who aren’t actually eligible for Jobseekers but should/could qualify for a different payment instead that they are entitled to.
    This of course should have been identified when the claimant was being processed for Jobseekers in the beginning, but that’s not what happens.
    They direct them to the payment they should be on, the claimant then applies for that instead, is cut off Jobseekers, and gets SWA while their new claim is being heard.
    In my experience, at least 40% of Jobseekers should be on some other payment be it Carers, Disabilty, OPFP, WFP.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Ok and how do they close the case as per their contract with the Dept?
    I don’t know but I’ll make the assumption that they have to inform the Dept that the person is now in stable FT employment. How do they prove that?

• Advertisement

For some reason “helping Jobseekers find jobs” never took off in the local SW offices, in any way, so outside agents had to be brought in.
    I’m kinda close to the situation and what Seetec/TN have been brilliant at is identifying Jobseeker payment claimants who aren’t actually eligible for Jobseekers but should/could qualify for a different payment instead that they are entitled to.
    This of course should have been identified when the claimant was being processed for Jobseekers in the beginning, but that’s not what happens.
    They direct them to the payment they should be on, the claimant then applies for that instead, is cut off Jobseekers, and gets SWA while their new claim is being heard.
    In my experience, at least 40% of Jobseekers should be on some other payment be it Carers, Disabilty, OPFP, WFP.

No one in TN or Seetec are even remotely qualified or trained to tell people they are on the wrong payment. Nor do they care. People find out after they have been cut off after those agencies report them for non engagement. So unless you work for the DSP or one of those agencies which you often deny here then you are not in a position to claim "in my experience" or "I'm kinda close to the situation"

Of course you could be someone with years of experience in applying for JSA, JSB, disability or carers allowance or it's just your hobby researching welfare. In which case I bow your superior knowledge :rolleyes:

No one in TN or Seetec are even remotely qualified or trained to tell people they are on the wrong payment. Nor do they care. People find out after they have been cut off after those agencies report them for non engagement. So unless you work for the DSP or one of those agencies which you often deny here then you are not in a position to claim "in my experience" or "I'm kinda close to the situation"

Of course you could be someone with years of experience in applying for JSA, JSB, disability or carers allowance or it's just your hobby researching welfare. In which case I bow your superior knowledge :rolleyes:

Your wrong I’m afraid but that’s because you have a nuanced view because of your own experience,
    It doesn’t take very much training or skill in fact to identify people who are on the wrong payment.
    If a parent on JSA turns up at TN and says “ no I can’t go to that job interview because I have to mind the kids while my partner is working” then that parent is not eligible for JSA but probably the family is eligible for WFP.
    If someone turns up and says “ I can’t go to that interview because I’m minding my sick mother full time” then that person needs to be on Carers Allowance
    If the single parent of a young child says “ I can’t go to the interview because I have no one to mind my baby” then that parent needs to be on Lone Parent.
    And most of all, if people say “ I can’t go to the interview because I’m not well enough” then they need to be on Disabilty Allowance.
    And yes you can leave out the eye rolling emoji. It’s rude and disrespectful and marks you out as someone who thinks they no more then they actually do.

Your wrong I’m afraid but that’s because you have a nuanced view because of your own experience,
    It doesn’t take very much training or skill in fact to identify people who are on the wrong payment.
    If a parent on JSA turns up at TN and says “ no I can’t go to that job interview because I have to mind the kids while my partner is working” then that parent is not eligible for JSA but probably the family is eligible for WFP.
    If someone turns up and says “ I can’t go to that interview because I’m minding my sick mother full time” then that person needs to be on Carers Allowance
    If the single parent of a young child says “ I can’t go to the interview because I have no one to mind my baby” then that parent needs to be on Lone Parent.
    And most of all, if people say “ I can’t go to the interview because I’m not well enough” then they need to be on Disabilty Allowance.
    And yes you can leave out the eye rolling emoji. It’s rude and disrespectful and marks you out as someone who thinks they no more then they actually do.

If a parent of any description shows up at ST or TN with a child in tow, they are promptly and quite forcefully told to gtfo due to insurance reasons. Doesn't matter what their business is there, they won't let you past the reception with a child in the building. Says it all about them really. A single parent of a young child would not get near them to explain their situation and be referred to the correct payment if they had no one to mind the child to get to an "advisor" in the first place.

If a parent of any description shows up at ST or TN with a child in tow, they are promptly and quite forcefully told to gtfo due to insurance reasons. Doesn't matter what their business is there, they won't let you past the reception with a child in the building. Says it all about them really. A single parent of a young child would not get near them to explain their situation and be referred to the correct payment if they had no one to mind the child to get to an "advisor" in the first place.
    It's a workplace, it's not a creche!
    If you had a job somewhere would you and your co-workers be allowed bring your kids in tow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's a workplace, it's not a creche!
    If you had a job somewhere would you and your co-workers be allowed bring your kids in tow?

so should the kids be left at home, possibly alone?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    so should the kids be left at home, possibly alone?
    If a person with children was working where would the kids be left?
    Kids aren't allowed in my workplace. Are they allowed in yours?

If a person with children was working where would the kids be left?
    Kids aren't allowed in my workplace. Are they allowed in yours?

if a person is unemployed due to child careering needs, and is requested to attend a meeting, what should they do with the kids if no other careering options are available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    if a person is unemployed due to child careering needs, and is requested to attend a meeting, what should they do with the kids if no other careering options are available?

Should they be claiming jobseekers if they clearly aren’t available to work?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Should they be claiming jobseekers if they clearly aren’t available to work?

so what should they be claiming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Have been with Turas Nua now a few months. To be fair Ive found them to be no hassle while not really being of any use either. A lot of the courses etc they would offer are for people who would actually struggle with making a CV, jobsearching and the like. And they were fairly straightforward with the fact they get no commission if you dont stay in a job for a year so no point pushing you into something unsuitable. No point being obstructive to someone just trying to do their job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement